NEW TOOL: SMAC-CL 1.0, Console App for modifying MAC addresses

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by kl, Jul 14, 2004.

  1. kl

    kl Guest

    SMAC-CL: http://www.klcconsulting.net/smac-cl
    SMAC: http://www.klcconsulting.net/smac

    The long waited New Tool, SMAC-CL 1.0, has been released!

    ------------

    SMAC-CL is one of the most powerful, versatile, flexible networking
    and security tool. SMAC-CL is a command line version of SMAC, the
    MAC Address Spoofer for Windows 2000, XP, and 2003. SMAC-CL is
    designed for users who prefer command line tools, and professionals
    who need to automate MAC address spoofing via scripts.

    SMAC-CL is a powerful, yet an easy-to-use and intuitive command-line
    MAC Address Modifying Utility. SMAC-CL allows users to change MAC
    address for any Network Interface Cards (NIC) on the Windows 2000, XP,
    and 2003 Server systems, regardless of whether the manufacturers allow
    this option or not.

    SMAC-CL does not change the hardware burned-in MAC addresses. It is
    not necessary. SMAC-CL changes the "software based" MAC addresses on
    the Windows 2000, XP, and 2003 Server systems, and the new MAC
    addresses you change will sustain from reboots.

    SMAC-CL is created by Certified Information Systems Security
    Professionals (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Auditors (CISA),
    Microsoft Certified Systems Engineers (MCSE), and professional
    software engineers. With combined efforts, SMAC-CL is well designed
    to be an user-friendly tool for both the technical and non-technical
    users.
    For users who wish to use Windows version of MAC Address Modifier with
    easy and user friendly Graphical User Interface (GUI,) please check
    out our SMAC tool.

    Features:
    ---------

    - Modify MAC address in seconds on your Windows 2000, XP and 2003
    systems.
    - User-Friendly command-line based tool.
    - Very small footprint (27K)
    - Easy to script to automate MAC Address Modifying
    - Update MAC addresses by NIC's IP
    - Update MAC addresses by NIC's Device ID
    - Remove Spoofed MAC addresses by NIC's IP
    - Remove Spoofed MAC addresses by NIC's Device ID
    - Display NICs' network info
    - Create report of NICs' with user defined format)
    - Display NICs' device ID's
    - Display NICs' config ID's
    - Protect your privacy.

    SMAC-CL provides capabilities to display the most common and useful
    features and information of network adapters. Therefore, SMAC-CL can
    be easily scripted and integrated with Microsoft's DEVCON utility, to
    fully automate SMAC-CL, and disable/re-enable network adapters.

    Benefits of SMAC-CL:
    --------------------

    - Test Security Vulnerability on MAC Address based Authentication and
    Authorization Systems, i.e. Wireless Access Points.

    - Build "TRUE" Stand-by (offline) systems with the EXACT same
    CompterName, IP, and MAC ADDRESSES as the Primary Systems. If
    Stand-by systems should be put online, NO arp table refresh is
    necessary, which eliminates extra downtime.

    - Build High-Availability solutions

    - Troubleshoot Network problems. Arp Tables, Routering, Switching,

    - Troubleshoot system problems

    - Test network management tools

    - Test incident response procedures on simulated network problems
    - Test Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), whether they are Host and
    Network Based IDS.

    - If for whatever reason you need to keep the same MAC address as your
    old NIC, but your old NIC failed...

    - Some software can ONLY be installed and run on the systems with
    pre-defined MAC address in the license file. If you need to install
    one of these software to another system with a different Network
    Interface Card (NIC) because your NIC is broken, SMAC will come handy.
    However, you are responsible to comply with the software vendor's
    licensing agreement.

    - Some Cable Modem ISP's assign IP addresses base on the PC's MAC
    addresses.

    - For whatever reason, if you need to swap 2 PC's regularly to
    connect to the cable modem, it would be a lot easier to change the MAC
    addresses rather than to change Network Interface Card (NIC). (You
    need to check with your ISP and make sure you are not violating any
    service agreements.)

    - Over 200,000 SMAC downloads by users from major corporations and
    from around the world, making SMAC the most stable and popular Windows
    MAC Address Modifying utility. You can experience the same quality on
    the SMAC-CL.

    --------------------------------

    Thank you.
    /Kyle
    kl, Jul 14, 2004

  2. kl

    Pavel A. Guest

    Pardon me but where it comes to spoofing MAC "regardless of whether
    the manufacturers allow this option or not"-
    If the manufacturer really disallows forging MAC (as opposite to
    simply removing or hidding this from the GUI) you probably won't
    get aroung it with a small simple utility.

    Regards,
    --PA

    Pavel A., Jul 17, 2004

  3. kl

    aladin Guest

    Yes, you can use SMAC-CL to automate the process of changing MAC
    addresses in Windows 2000, XP, and 2003, by using scripts with
    Microsoft tool "devcon" It says in the SMAC-CL readme file:
    http://www.klcconsulting.net/smac-cl/smac-cl_readme.htm

    Network Adapter Manufacturers can do whatever they want, but in order
    for them to get the "Designed for Microsoft 2000" or "Designed for
    Microsoft XP" or similar logo from Microsoft, they are required to
    provide the MAC address spoofing capability.

    In another word, SMAC and SMAC-CL supports all network adapters that
    are certified by Microsoft.

    The best way to prove this point is to try the eval version of SMAC
    and see for yourself:
    http://www.klcconsulting.net/smac

    Cheers
    /K