    So what has been others experiences with these types of toner cartridges,
    are the non-HP ones recycled and are they crap i.e high failure rate, this
    was at least 1/2 the price of a new HP cartridge.

    allsorts, May 26, 2004

  2. allsorts

    EMB Guest

    In news:,
    allsorts <kazuga@guitar> expelled:
    > I bought a non-HP replacement toner cartridge for my HP laserjet III
    > printer, the old one was still going but felt it must be running out
    > soon as I have had to give it a shake once to get it going well again
    > and remove low toner message although this was a long time ago now,
    > the thing just keeps going and going. Anyhow the new cartridge hardly
    > prints anything on the page at all and the low toner message is back,
    > so the old cartridge that I have had for years is still going but the
    > new one basically doesn't work at all, what gives. I am going to ring
    > the outfit I bought it from but would appreciate any advise I can get
    > here first in case they try to bullshit me etc... There is no date on
    > the cartridge I bought, I wonder if it is past it's use by date. I
    > also noticed it did not have a foam flap that covers any view of the
    > drum like the old one did although this is probably not significant.
    > So what has been others experiences with these types of toner
    > cartridges, are the non-HP ones recycled and are they crap i.e high
    > failure rate, this was at least 1/2 the price of a new HP cartridge.

    I have a client using 1 remanufactured catridge per month on a Laserjet and
    in the last 3 years they have had one faulty one that was replaced without
    question. I'd go back looking for a refund if I were you.

    --
    EMB
    change two to number to reply

    EMB, May 26, 2004

  3. allsorts

    allsorts Guest

    "allsorts" <kazuga@guitar> wrote in message news:...
    > I bought a non-HP replacement toner cartridge for my HP laserjet III
    > printer, the old one was still going but felt it must be running out soon

    as
    > I have had to give it a shake once to get it going well again and remove

    low
    > toner message although this was a long time ago now, the thing just keeps
    > going and going. Anyhow the new cartridge hardly prints anything on the

    page
    > at all and the low toner message is back, so the old cartridge that I have
    > had for years is still going but the new one basically doesn't work at

    all,
    > what gives. I am going to ring the outfit I bought it from but would
    > appreciate any advise I can get here first in case they try to bullshit me
    > etc... There is no date on the cartridge I bought, I wonder if it is past
    > it's use by date. I also noticed it did not have a foam flap that covers

    any
    > view of the drum like the old one did although this is probably not
    > significant.
    > So what has been others experiences with these types of toner cartridges,
    > are the non-HP ones recycled and are they crap i.e high failure rate, this
    > was at least 1/2 the price of a new HP cartridge.

    My old recycled toner cartridge was Inca brand and this has given great
    service so if anyone knows where you can buy this brand of recycled
    cartridge from I would appreciate it if you let me know. The only possible
    indication of brand on the new cartridge is a R symbol, the retailer will
    probably wont to give me a replacement but I would rather use another brand.

    allsorts, May 26, 2004
  4. allsorts

    allsorts Guest

    "EMB" <> wrote in message
    > In news:,
    > allsorts <kazuga@guitar> expelled:
    > > I bought a non-HP replacement toner cartridge for my HP laserjet III
    > > printer, the old one was still going but felt it must be running out
    > > soon as I have had to give it a shake once to get it going well again
    > > and remove low toner message although this was a long time ago now,
    > > the thing just keeps going and going. Anyhow the new cartridge hardly
    > > prints anything on the page at all and the low toner message is back,
    > > so the old cartridge that I have had for years is still going but the
    > > new one basically doesn't work at all, what gives. I am going to ring
    > > the outfit I bought it from but would appreciate any advise I can get
    > > here first in case they try to bullshit me etc... There is no date on
    > > the cartridge I bought, I wonder if it is past it's use by date. I
    > > also noticed it did not have a foam flap that covers any view of the
    > > drum like the old one did although this is probably not significant.
    > > So what has been others experiences with these types of toner
    > > cartridges, are the non-HP ones recycled and are they crap i.e high
    > > failure rate, this was at least 1/2 the price of a new HP cartridge.

    > I have a client using 1 remanufactured catridge per month on a Laserjet

    and
    > in the last 3 years they have had one faulty one that was replaced without
    > question. I'd go back looking for a refund if I were you.
    >
    > --
    > EMB
    > change two to number to reply

    Thanks, so what brand of cartridge are they using and where do you buy it
    from?

    allsorts, May 26, 2004
  5. allsorts

    allsorts Guest

    "allsorts" <kazuga@guitar> wrote in message news:...

    > "EMB" <> wrote in message
    > > In news:,
    > > allsorts <kazuga@guitar> expelled:
    > > > I bought a non-HP replacement toner cartridge for my HP laserjet III
    > > > printer, the old one was still going but felt it must be running out
    > > > soon as I have had to give it a shake once to get it going well again
    > > > and remove low toner message although this was a long time ago now,
    > > > the thing just keeps going and going. Anyhow the new cartridge hardly
    > > > prints anything on the page at all and the low toner message is back,
    > > > so the old cartridge that I have had for years is still going but the
    > > > new one basically doesn't work at all, what gives. I am going to ring
    > > > the outfit I bought it from but would appreciate any advise I can get
    > > > here first in case they try to bullshit me etc... There is no date on
    > > > the cartridge I bought, I wonder if it is past it's use by date. I
    > > > also noticed it did not have a foam flap that covers any view of the
    > > > drum like the old one did although this is probably not significant.
    > > > So what has been others experiences with these types of toner
    > > > cartridges, are the non-HP ones recycled and are they crap i.e high
    > > > failure rate, this was at least 1/2 the price of a new HP cartridge.

    > > I have a client using 1 remanufactured catridge per month on a Laserjet

    > and
    > > in the last 3 years they have had one faulty one that was replaced

    without
    > > question. I'd go back looking for a refund if I were you.
    > >
    > > --
    > > EMB
    > > change two to number to reply
    > >

    > Thanks, so what brand of cartridge are they using and where do you buy it
    > from?

    Before I go jumping the gun there is one thing I am not clear on, the only
    instructions for installing a new cartridge are a picture diagram which
    shows something happening with square tabs on the sides, I don't know what
    this is referring to, I just slide the cartridge in which is no problem on
    my old cartridge but was wondering if there is a seal or something that
    needs to be broken on a new cartridge and if the last step in the diagram is
    to do this?

    allsorts, May 26, 2004
  6. allsorts

    Dogg Guest

    On Wed, 26 May 2004 12:10:58 +1200, "allsorts" <kazuga@guitar> wrote:

    <snip>
    >> from?
    >>

    >Before I go jumping the gun there is one thing I am not clear on, the only
    >instructions for installing a new cartridge are a picture diagram which
    >shows something happening with square tabs on the sides, I don't know what
    >this is referring to, I just slide the cartridge in which is no problem on
    >my old cartridge but was wondering if there is a seal or something that
    >needs to be broken on a new cartridge and if the last step in the diagram is
    >to do this?

    Most new toners have a foil strip that pulls out or tabs you break off
    before you install. These are to prevent toner spillage in transit.

    Dogg, May 26, 2004
  7. allsorts

    allsorts Guest

    "Dogg" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 26 May 2004 12:10:58 +1200, "allsorts" <kazuga@guitar> wrote:
    >

    > <snip>
    > >> from?
    > >>

    > >Before I go jumping the gun there is one thing I am not clear on, the

    only
    > >instructions for installing a new cartridge are a picture diagram which
    > >shows something happening with square tabs on the sides, I don't know

    what
    > >this is referring to, I just slide the cartridge in which is no problem

    on
    > >my old cartridge but was wondering if there is a seal or something that
    > >needs to be broken on a new cartridge and if the last step in the diagram

    is
    > >to do this?
    > >

    > Most new toners have a foil strip that pulls out or tabs you break off
    > before you install. These are to prevent toner spillage in transit.

    Thanks a lot, that is exactly what the problem was, doh. Prints perfectly
    now. Unusual that they did not have clear instructions for doing this,
    normally things like this are described so someone with 1 braincell could do
    it rather than requiring 2 like myself.

    allsorts, May 26, 2004
  8. allsorts

    KiwiRider Guest

    You clown

    KiwiRider, May 26, 2004
  9. allsorts

    Mutlley Guest

    "allsorts" <kazuga@guitar> wrote:

    >I bought a non-HP replacement toner cartridge for my HP laserjet III
    >printer, the old one was still going but felt it must be running out soon as
    >I have had to give it a shake once to get it going well again and remove low
    >toner message although this was a long time ago now, the thing just keeps
    >going and going. Anyhow the new cartridge hardly prints anything on the page
    >at all and the low toner message is back, so the old cartridge that I have
    >had for years is still going but the new one basically doesn't work at all,
    >what gives. I am going to ring the outfit I bought it from but would
    >appreciate any advise I can get here first in case they try to bullshit me
    >etc... There is no date on the cartridge I bought, I wonder if it is past
    >it's use by date. I also noticed it did not have a foam flap that covers any
    >view of the drum like the old one did although this is probably not
    >significant.
    >So what has been others experiences with these types of toner cartridges,
    >are the non-HP ones recycled and are they crap i.e high failure rate, this
    >was at least 1/2 the price of a new HP cartridge.

    You could always put the tone from the new cart into the old one..

    Mutlley, May 27, 2004
  10. In article <>, kazuga@guitar says...
    > I bought a non-HP replacement toner cartridge for my HP laserjet III
    > printer, the old one was still going but felt it must be running out soon as
    > I have had to give it a shake once to get it going well again and remove low
    > toner message although this was a long time ago now, the thing just keeps
    > going and going. Anyhow the new cartridge hardly prints anything on the page
    > at all and the low toner message is back, so the old cartridge that I have
    > had for years is still going but the new one basically doesn't work at all,
    > what gives. I am going to ring the outfit I bought it from but would
    > appreciate any advise I can get here first in case they try to bullshit me
    > etc... There is no date on the cartridge I bought, I wonder if it is past
    > it's use by date. I also noticed it did not have a foam flap that covers any
    > view of the drum like the old one did although this is probably not
    > significant.

    It is because the drum is light sensitive, the cover is useful if you
    have to remove it for some reason because if you leave it in the light
    too long it will be ruined.

    > So what has been others experiences with these types of toner cartridges,
    > are the non-HP ones recycled and are they crap i.e high failure rate, this
    > was at least 1/2 the price of a new HP cartridge.

    Have had no problems with carts sold by the University Campus Computers
    at Canterbury, they come with a warranty. I'm using a Laserjet 4L.

    Patrick Dunford, May 27, 2004
  11. allsorts

    allsorts Guest

    "Patrick Dunford" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>, kazuga@guitar says...
    > > I bought a non-HP replacement toner cartridge for my HP laserjet III
    > > printer, the old one was still going but felt it must be running out

    soon as
    > > I have had to give it a shake once to get it going well again and remove

    low
    > > toner message although this was a long time ago now, the thing just

    keeps
    > > going and going.

    There is no date on the cartridge I bought, I wonder if it is past
    > > it's use by date. I also noticed it did not have a foam flap that covers

    any
    > > view of the drum like the old one did although this is probably not
    > > significant.

    > It is because the drum is light sensitive, the cover is useful if you
    > have to remove it for some reason because if you leave it in the light
    > too long it will be ruined.

    Thanks for that bit of information, that is something that is certainly
    handy to know, there should be a warning on the packet though.

    allsorts, May 27, 2004
  12. allsorts

    allsorts Guest

    "KiwiRider" <> wrote in message
    > You clown
    >
    > "allsorts" <kazuga@guitar> wrote in message news:...
    > >
    > > "Dogg" <> wrote in message
    > > > On Wed, 26 May 2004 12:10:58 +1200, "allsorts" <kazuga@guitar> wrote:
    > > >

    > > > <snip>

    > > only

    which

    > > what

    problem
    > > on

    that

    > diagram
    > > is
    > > > >

    > > > Most new toners have a foil strip that pulls out or tabs you break off
    > > > before you install. These are to prevent toner spillage in transit.

    > > Thanks a lot, that is exactly what the problem was, doh. Prints

    perfectly
    > > now. Unusual that they did not have clear instructions for doing this,
    > > normally things like this are described so someone with 1 braincell

    could
    > do
    > > it rather than requiring 2 like myself.

    Well order in the firing squad for the both of us, you for top posting in a
    bottom posting thread.

    allsorts, May 27, 2004
  13. allsorts

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "allsorts" <kazuga@guitar> wrote in news::

    > Thanks for that bit of information, that is something that is certainly
    > handy to know, there should be a warning on the packet though.

    Isn't there a picture of a light bulb/ sun rays with a bar across it?
    There should be.

    Dave Taylor, May 27, 2004
  14. allsorts

    allsorts Guest

    "Dave Taylor" <> wrote in message
    > "allsorts" <kazuga@guitar> wrote in news::
    >
    > > Thanks for that bit of information, that is something that is certainly
    > > handy to know, there should be a warning on the packet though.
    > >

    > Isn't there a picture of a light bulb/ sun rays with a bar across it?
    > There should be.

    Yep I think I did notice that now you mention it, thanks.

    allsorts, May 27, 2004