New Tom and Jerry set edited but WB will correct

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Michael Rogers, Oct 22, 2004.

  1. Once of the first things I looked for when I got the Tom And Jerry
    Spotlight collection was look at the cartoon that I know has been
    edited. Anytime I've seen The Little Orphan on TV or previous video
    releases I know they cut out at least one moment that would be
    considered unPC.

    Tom gets hit with a lit candle and quicky flames up and foomps into a
    "pickaninny".

    Well, on the spotlight collection it is cut as well, even though the set
    said the shorts were unedited.

    Today in Digital Bits I also learned 2 other shorts were edited for PC
    reasons(for the DVD they probabaly pulled existing masters used for
    Cartoon Network without verifying that they were unedited). The good
    news is that WB will offer a free exchange for the disc with the uncut
    shorts.

    The set itself is a mixed bag. I love having the cartoons but overall,
    the restorations on them were not too intensive and a lot of print
    damage and age shows.

    on the plus side, the color and sharpness are great and the Cinemascope
    shorts are anamorphic widescreen. That alone is worth the $15.99 price
    tag.

    Mike

    Michael Rogers, Oct 22, 2004

  2. Michael Rogers

    unclejr Guest

    Michael Rogers wrote:
    > Well, on the spotlight collection it is cut as well, even though the
    > set said the shorts were unedited.
    >
    > Today in Digital Bits I also learned 2 other shorts were edited for
    > PC reasons(for the DVD they probabaly pulled existing masters
    > used for Cartoon Network without verifying that they were unedited).
    > The good news is that WB will offer a free exchange for the disc with
    > the uncut shorts.

    Does anyone know if Waner Bros. has followed up on their promise?
    -Junior

    unclejr, Jan 18, 2005