    Q. I see other networks in my area. How do I disable my wirless from
    watching other peoples network. I do not want to get in trouble.
    Thank you

    =?Utf-8?B?bG0=?=, Apr 17, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?bG0=?=

    Malke Guest

    lm wrote:

    > I am new to wireless network and I have 4 desk tops a linksys router;
    > modems etc..
    > Q. How do I configure passphrase?
    > Q. I see other networks in my area. How do I disable my wirless from
    > watching other peoples network. I do not want to get in trouble.
    > Thank you

    Here are some good places to start:

    Wireless - Basic Configuration -

    Wireless Network Setup Wizard SP2

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Malke, Apr 17, 2005

  3. Thank you Malke. I will let youk know the results.
    tnx

    =?Utf-8?B?bG0=?=, Apr 18, 2005
  4. Do what Malke suggested and dont worry about having other peoples networks
    displayed as long as you do not access them without permission you will not
    be in trouble.

    Cheers

    Quintin
    MVP wannabe