    to my modem, 50 ft away? I think I heard that it's called a bridge, and my
    question is, does the bridge or whatever come with the router? or do I buy it
    seperately?

    =?Utf-8?B?dGh1bmRlcnN0cnVja18zMDI=?=, Mar 25, 2005

  2. Try this
    http://www.linksys.com/splash/wetplaystation.asp

    -Brian

    "thunderstruck_302" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Brian McMullen, Mar 25, 2005

  3. ok. Ive checked a lot of these routers out. I've seen one that says that, In
    the Box, there are wires, the Wireless Access Point, The booklet and the
    antenna. I'm assuming the antenna is the part that recieves the signal from
    the Wireless Access Point, right? If so, how come every other wireless router
    I looked at didnt come with an antenna? What if I were to get this router:
    http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...id=0665000FS10045827&catid=19994&newdeptid=18

    If you look in the "included in box" section of the info, it doesnt include
    an antenna. What do I hook the PS2 up to then! It cant just recieve signal.

    =?Utf-8?B?dGh1bmRlcnN0cnVja18zMDI=?=, Mar 25, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?dGh1bmRlcnN0cnVja18zMDI=?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    The verbal confusion concerning Network Entry Level Hardware is really a
    major problem. Every manufacturer invent its own name.

    There is class of Wireless Client Cards that do not need software drivers in
    order to function. This type of Hardware is suitable for Game Boxes (it is
    call consumer Group Bridge by some people).

    This is an example for one of these devices:
    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=73-999-101&depa=0

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Mar 25, 2005
  5. so... basically what your saying is that if I buy a wireless router, its not
    going to come with an antenna? I have to buy this with the router and use
    this as the reciever? That makes no sense because of the last diagram on the
    following website:
    http://www.us.playstation.com/support.aspx?id=installation/networkadaptor/D008697.html
    Ok... people.. basically, all I want to know is what do I hook the ps2 up
    to, is it the Wireless Ethernet Bridge, and does it come with the wireless
    router? I know I need a wireless router and it will stay near my modem. The
    ps2 is 50 ft away, and wont be wired to the modem. I need to connect the
    ethernet port in the back of the ps2 to something (The Wireless Ethernet
    Bridge, Im assuming) that recieves the signal from the main router that is
    connected to the modem. Lets break this down EVEN FURTHER! The modem is "A",
    the router is "B". When they are connected we call them "AB". I know thats
    how it is started. My PS2 is "Y", the Wireless Ethernet Bridge is "Z". When I
    buy "B", do I get "Z" in the box with "B", or do I have to buy it seperate?

    Once again, If you guys get confused, look at the very last diagram on this
    page:
    http://www.us.playstation.com/support.aspx?id=installation/networkadaptor/D008697.html

    thats where I am basing my info. from.

    Its the sony website telling me how to hook up a wireless router to my modem
    and ps2.

    =?Utf-8?B?dGh1bmRlcnN0cnVja18zMDI=?=, Mar 25, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?dGh1bmRlcnN0cnVja18zMDI=?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    This is a way Home Network that is used to share Internet Connection and
    files looks like.
    Connection Diagram: http://www.ezlan.net/~network/router.jpg
    The Sony PlayStation is a Wireless Client.
    When you buy a Wireless Cable DSL/Router you do not get a Wireless Client
    Card (waht Sony calls Ethernet Bridge). You need to buy one of the thingies
    that is in the answer giving to you before.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "thunderstruck_302" <> wrote in
    message news:D...
    > so... basically what your saying is that if I buy a wireless router, its

    not
    > going to come with an antenna? I have to buy this with the router and use
    > this as the reciever? That makes no sense because of the last diagram on

    the
    > following website:

    http://www.us.playstation.com/support.aspx?id=installation/networkadaptor/D0
    08697.html
    > Ok... people.. basically, all I want to know is what do I hook the ps2 up
    > to, is it the Wireless Ethernet Bridge, and does it come with the wireless
    > router? I know I need a wireless router and it will stay near my modem.

    The
    > ps2 is 50 ft away, and wont be wired to the modem. I need to connect the
    > ethernet port in the back of the ps2 to something (The Wireless Ethernet
    > Bridge, Im assuming) that recieves the signal from the main router that is
    > connected to the modem. Lets break this down EVEN FURTHER! The modem is

    "A",
    > the router is "B". When they are connected we call them "AB". I know thats
    > how it is started. My PS2 is "Y", the Wireless Ethernet Bridge is "Z".

    When I
    > buy "B", do I get "Z" in the box with "B", or do I have to buy it

    seperate?

    > Once again, If you guys get confused, look at the very last diagram on

    this
    > page:

    http://www.us.playstation.com/support.aspx?id=installation/networkadaptor/D0
    08697.html

    > thats where I am basing my info. from.
    >
    > Its the sony website telling me how to hook up a wireless router to my

    modem
    > and ps2.
    >

    > "Jack" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > The verbal confusion concerning Network Entry Level Hardware is really a
    > > major problem. Every manufacturer invent its own name.
    > >
    > > There is class of Wireless Client Cards that do not need software

    drivers in
    > > order to function. This type of Hardware is suitable for Game Boxes (it

    is
    > > call consumer Group Bridge by some people).
    > >
    > > This is an example for one of these devices:

    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=73-999-101&depa=0

    > > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    > >

    > > "thunderstruck_302" <> wrote

    in

    Jack, Mar 26, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?dGh1bmRlcnN0cnVja18zMDI=?=

    JoeT Guest

    "thunderstruck_302" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > ok. Ive checked a lot of these routers out. I've seen one that says that,
    > In
    > the Box, there are wires, the Wireless Access Point, The booklet and the
    > antenna. I'm assuming the antenna is the part that recieves the signal
    > from
    > the Wireless Access Point, right? If so, how come every other wireless
    > router
    > I looked at didnt come with an antenna? What if I were to get this router:
    > http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...id=0665000FS10045827&catid=19994&newdeptid=18
    >
    > If you look in the "included in box" section of the info, it doesnt
    > include
    > an antenna. What do I hook the PS2 up to then! It cant just recieve
    > signal.

    If you're talking about D-Link router in the link above are you seriously
    saying you don't see the antenna sticking up off of it?
    It's not listed as "included in the box" because it's attached to the router
    itself. Which is also not listed as included in the box but obviously would
    be :)

    JoeT, Mar 26, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?dGh1bmRlcnN0cnVja18zMDI=?=

    JoeT Guest

    "JoeT" <noway@today> wrote in message

    > "thunderstruck_302" <> wrote in
    > message news:...
    >> ok. Ive checked a lot of these routers out. I've seen one that says that,
    >> In
    >> the Box, there are wires, the Wireless Access Point, The booklet and the
    >> antenna. I'm assuming the antenna is the part that recieves the signal
    >> from
    >> the Wireless Access Point, right? If so, how come every other wireless
    >> router
    >> I looked at didnt come with an antenna? What if I were to get this
    >> router:
    >> http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...id=0665000FS10045827&catid=19994&newdeptid=18
    >>
    >> If you look in the "included in box" section of the info, it doesnt
    >> include
    >> an antenna. What do I hook the PS2 up to then! It cant just recieve
    >> signal.
    >>

    > If you're talking about D-Link router in the link above are you seriously
    > saying you don't see the antenna sticking up off of it?
    > It's not listed as "included in the box" because it's attached to the
    > router itself. Which is also not listed as included in the box but
    > obviously would be :)

    And as was stated by others, if you get a wireless capable router you'll
    also need a wireless game adapter for your console if you don't want to run
    a cable from it to an ethernet port on the router. Most wireless routers
    also have a certain number of ethernet ports as well as perhaps a USB port
    for connecting your hardwired network stuff as well.

    JoeT, Mar 26, 2005
  9. Ok, please, don't anyone take this personally, but I think I'm going to try
    the way Sony has it on their site. I can buy the stuff and return it and try
    it your way if it doesnt work. I don't understand how it's so confusing. I
    assume that a regular phone cable goes to my modem, and an ethernet cable
    goes out to the WAN port on a Wireless router. Then I have another ethernet
    wire going out of the router to my network card on my computer. THEN!.... I
    have an antenna or Wireless Bridge that sits next to my PS2. From that
    antenna/ Wireless Bridge I have an ethernet cable which plugs to my PS2. Is
    this not basically what the Sony site is telling me? the only answer I want
    is for the following question: Does the Wireless Bridge/ antenna come with my
    Wireless Router?

    =?Utf-8?B?dGh1bmRlcnN0cnVja18zMDI=?=, Mar 26, 2005
  10. Ohh... and (read my previous message so you will understand this one)
    If the antenna/ Ethernet bridge does not come with the router, does that
    mean that I'll be spending (Canadian Dollars) $69.99 on a D-Link Wireless
    Router, another $99.99 on the Game adapter, and $15.00 on the ethernet wire?
    If so..... BOY DOES SONY HAVE TO GET A BETTER DEAL ON ONLINE!

    =?Utf-8?B?dGh1bmRlcnN0cnVja18zMDI=?=, Mar 26, 2005
  11. =?Utf-8?B?dGh1bmRlcnN0cnVja18zMDI=?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    I do not know how much you are going to spend (these thingies are much less
    expensive on the USA).
    However you got it right you need these three components.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "thunderstruck_302" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > Ohh... and (read my previous message so you will understand this one)
    > If the antenna/ Ethernet bridge does not come with the router, does that
    > mean that I'll be spending (Canadian Dollars) $69.99 on a D-Link Wireless
    > Router, another $99.99 on the Game adapter, and $15.00 on the ethernet

    wire?
    > If so..... BOY DOES SONY HAVE TO GET A BETTER DEAL ON ONLINE!
    >
    > "thunderstruck_302" wrote:
    >
    > > Ok, please, don't anyone take this personally, but I think I'm going to

    try
    > > the way Sony has it on their site. I can buy the stuff and return it and

    try
    > > it your way if it doesnt work. I don't understand how it's so confusing.

    > > assume that a regular phone cable goes to my modem, and an ethernet

    cable
    > > goes out to the WAN port on a Wireless router. Then I have another

    ethernet
    > > wire going out of the router to my network card on my computer.

    THEN!.... I
    > > have an antenna or Wireless Bridge that sits next to my PS2. From that
    > > antenna/ Wireless Bridge I have an ethernet cable which plugs to my PS2.

    Is
    > > this not basically what the Sony site is telling me? the only answer I

    want
    > > is for the following question: Does the Wireless Bridge/ antenna come

    with my
    > > Wireless Router?
    > >
    > > "Jack" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Hi
    > > > This is a way Home Network that is used to share Internet Connection

    and
    > > > files looks like.
    > > > Connection Diagram: http://www.ezlan.net/~network/router.jpg
    > > > The Sony PlayStation is a Wireless Client.
    > > > When you buy a Wireless Cable DSL/Router you do not get a Wireless

    Client
    > > > Card (waht Sony calls Ethernet Bridge). You need to buy one of the

    thingies
    > > > that is in the answer giving to you before.
    > > > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    > > >

    > > > "thunderstruck_302" <> wrote

    in
    > > > message news:D...