    now im connected. but i was planning on connecting this to my dsl modem. im
    guessing i probly i dont need it then, but what would be better? and Does
    know if this costs anything?
    =?Utf-8?B?R3JpbmdhQ2hpdmFkYQ==?=, Feb 11, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?R3JpbmdhQ2hpdmFkYQ==?=

    Mungo Bulge Guest

    comments interspersed in quote:

    "GringaChivada" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    | hi i just got my laptop today.

    Lucky you, it is always fun to get a new toy, even if its for work.

    | and i kno it brings a wireless card and right
    | now im connected.

    I presume you mean you are wired not wireless

    | but i was planning on connecting this to my dsl modem. im
    | guessing i probly i dont need it then, but what would be better?

    The advantages of one is usualy the dis-advantage of the other.
    Abvious wired usualy has the advantage of full available bandwith
    utillisation, but you are tethered.
    Wireless offeres the flexability of wandering around with your laptop
    (my personal favourite) however signal strength dictates your
    available real bandwith.There are those who will tell you that with
    all the required additional overhead of WEP, WPA, VPN etc that
    wireless is slower, but that is not an issue when desiding to use
    wired or wireless. The only desiding factor to consider is "Wher do
    you want to go today"

    | and Does
    | know if this costs anything?

    Having said all that, of course, once you decide to go wireless, the
    cost in your case is the cost of a wireless access point. Of course
    once you have that, you'll want to attach something else. The good
    point of that is that by reading this news group, you are bound to
    find the solution to any problem you may come up with because someone
    else has probably tried to do the same thing.
    Mungo Bulge, Feb 11, 2005

  3. thanks for answering, so far you're the only one that has

    once you have that, you'll want to attach something else. The good
    what other things can u attach? what exactly do you mean by that?

    =?Utf-8?B?R3JpbmdhQ2hpdmFkYQ==?=, Feb 12, 2005
  4. thanks for answering, so far you're the only one who has

    once you have that, you'll want to attach something else. The good
    what other things can u attach? whatd u mean exactly?

    =?Utf-8?B?R3JpbmdhQ2hpdmFkYQ==?=, Feb 12, 2005