    laptop to this network? It has built in network card.
    --
    Kathy
    Kathy, Oct 30, 2009

  2. Kathy

    Lem Guest

    Kathy wrote:
    > I have 2 desk tops with XP media and a new laptop w/Vista. Can I add my
    > laptop to this network? It has built in network card.

    Yes. It will work best with a router (wired and/or wireless).

    Networking advice from MS-MVP Malke:

    --
    Lem

    Apollo 11 - 40 years ago:
    Lem, Oct 30, 2009

  3. Hi
    In most cases you can add a few computers to a regular peer-to-peer Network.
    I can not tell you for sure because you did not describe what network means
    in your specific case.
    To be part of a network a computer has to be plugged to the same network
    switch with wire, or communicate to the Network Wireless device if it is
    Wireless capable. Once it is plugged into the Network the Files and Printers
    Sharing has to be configured.
    Sharing Configuration.
    Firewall instructions.
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Windows XP File Sharing -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack [MVP-Networking], Oct 31, 2009
  4. Kathy

    Eric Cross Guest

    Hi Kathy,

    Windows Vista can be added to the network. If you have any questions or
    problems getting your laptop added to your network we'll be glad to help.
    Just provide us with some details about your network and we'll see what we
    can do for you.

    --
    Eric Cross
    Microsoft MVP (Windows Desktop Experience)

    Eric Cross, Oct 31, 2009