    info on microsoft.com

    plz provide me list of test center in india.
    thx

    Satya Priya, Sep 2, 2004

  2. Satya Priya

    Hermit Dave Guest

    if you are a beginner and think that MCAD or MCSD will look good on you !!!
    hold you guns... lapel pins okay... but i havent used it till date..
    get yourself .net sdk at
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...&DisplayLang=en

    for info on visual studio
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/

    if you to try the new Visual studio 2005 tools.. express products are here
    just for you.. help yourself.
    http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/vs2005/

    Now one you know in's and out's of programming ... on to certification..

    Basic info on what MCP/MCAD/MCSD is
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/

    pointers to the right places...
    MCP.. you give one exam you become MCP
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcp/default.asp

    MCAD.. do 3 select MCP exmas and you become MCAD
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcad/default.asp

    MCSD.. do all the required MCPs for a particular stream and you become MCSD
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsd/default.asp

    For .NET certification(s) MCP/ MCAD/ MCSD:
    you have 55 questions
    passing score is 700 of 1000
    its a 2 hour exam (plus 15 mins for tutorial + 15 for comments)
    it costs 103.something GBP in uk...
    you can find out the cost for your country at
    www.2test.com

    Also... you can take the exam in any order.. start with elective or a core
    MCP.
    the only requirement is that you do the least number of MCPs required for
    your cert

    If you program in C#.. get Amit Kalani's stuff... its not too bad... infact
    i am doing my 70-320 with this book and it all looks good so far.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...kalani/ref=xs_ap_sai1_xgl/026-0445228-0087606

    if you want MS training material...
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/Books/default.asp

    Please dont request dumps and or training material or information to be
    emailed to you. if you are smart enough to finish a newsgroup to spam then
    please remember that google is your best friend. first find out what mcad /
    mcsd is.

    --

    Regards,

    Hermit Dave
    (http://hdave.blogspot.com)

    Hermit Dave, Sep 2, 2004

  3. >if you are a beginner

    what about if it is a troll?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 2, 2004
  4. Satya Priya

    Alistair Guest

    Well done, Hermit Dave!

    You're like a sarcastic Cindy (sorry, Cindy)

    url/index=books-uk&field-keywords=amit%
    20kalani/ref=xs_ap_sai1_xgl/026-0445228-0087606

    Alistair, Sep 3, 2004
  5. Satya Priya

    Hermit Dave Guest

    lol.. thank you..
    > You're like a sarcastic Cindy (sorry, Cindy)

    now i take that as a real compliment... i fail to understand how in the
    world can she answer stupid question in such a calm manner to the most
    frequently asked question.

    --

    Regards,

    Hermit Dave
    (http://hdave.blogspot.com)

    Hermit Dave, Sep 3, 2004
  6. Thanks Alistair - I take it as a compliment also. We can't choose what
    happens to us in life but we can choose how we react. I choose to be calm;
    it's better than feeling angry all the time.

    www.cindywinegarden.com

    Cindy Winegarden, Sep 3, 2004
  7. Satya Priya

    Guest Guest

    Set your PC clock to 2010 ...

    Set your PC clock to 2010 and then re-submit the FAQ so it will always be at
    the top.
    WKidd

    > if you are a beginner and think that MCAD or MCSD will look good on you

    !!!

    /

    Guest, Sep 3, 2004
  8. Satya Priya

    Hermit Dave Guest

    Re: Set your PC clock to 2010 ...

    well you think i didnt try that before ? i did... i set it a month in
    advance and it did the job but only for people who use newsreader clients
    not web-based newsreaders... and most people who require FAQs are the ones
    who randomly searched on MCAD / MCSD and posted on the first one they
    found... doesnt help.... i know been there done that..

    --

    Regards,

    Hermit Dave
    (http://hdave.blogspot.com)

    Hermit Dave, Sep 3, 2004
  9. Satya Priya

    Hermit Dave Guest

    well Thanks Cindy and thank you Alistair... i have tried answering a
    question today being the most helpful i can :)
    see i never had things easy... and i believe that you in life you fight your
    own fight.. not someone else's... but what the heck... sometimes people you
    dont know anything help... i wouldnt mind being the person now and again but
    its the consistency that beats me

    anyways.. point taken..

    --

    Regards,

    Hermit Dave
    (http://hdave.blogspot.com)

    Hermit Dave, Sep 3, 2004
  10. Satya Priya

    Eric Guest

    > > if you are a beginner

    > what about if it is a troll?
    >
    > Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    I guess there's a lot of trolls in England?

    I see homeless people under bridges sometimes, but how can I tell if
    they're a troll, or just homeless?

    Eric

    Eric, Sep 3, 2004
  11. Satya Priya

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd, Eric climbed on a soapbox & opined:

    > I guess there's a lot of trolls in England?
    >
    > I see homeless people under bridges sometimes, but how can I tell if
    > they're a troll, or just homeless?

    Look see if they have an access to usenet.

    JaR
    Obvious Thug

    JaR, Sep 3, 2004
  12. Re: Set your PC clock to 2010 ...

    > i set it a month in
    >advance and it did the job but only for people who use newsreader clients
    >not web-based newsreaders

    you try to confuse, there are no other 'news reader clients'. Usenet
    is a just myth like bug free software.....

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 3, 2004
  13. >Look see if they have an access to usenet.

    good point

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 3, 2004
  14. >I guess there's a lot of trolls in England?

    yup, I guess that's why there's not too many goats. Plenty in Scotland
    though, so billyw tells me!

    >I see homeless people under bridges sometimes.

    you are mistaken, they are failed IT 'professionals'.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 3, 2004
  15. >We can't choose what
    >happens to us in life

    nonsense

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 3, 2004
  16. >in life you fight your
    >own fight.. not someone else's

    very true.

    in addition there are those who are not worth fighting for.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 3, 2004