    vb.net.I have Windows98 on my system do I have to upgrade
    to XP/2000 to work with vb.net.Thanks
    Sri

    sri, Feb 16, 2004

  2. sri

    Eric Guest

    sri wrote:

    > Hello,
    > Can sombody tell me what are the system requirements for
    > vb.net.I have Windows98 on my system do I have to upgrade
    > to XP/2000 to work with vb.net.Thanks
    > Sri

    Yes, you have to upgrade. Win98 can only run .net programs, not develop
    them.

    Don't upgrade to a home version of Windows. You need a Pro version if
    you want to do ASP.NET.

    Eric, Feb 16, 2004

  3. And don't forget to install the .net framework.

    Brunswick Lowe, Feb 17, 2004
  4. In news: 119b301c3f4de$61028ce0$,
    sri <> wrote:
    > Can sombody tell me what are the system requirements for
    > vb.net.I have Windows98 on my system do I have to upgrade
    > to XP/2000 to work with vb.net.Thanks
    > Sri

    Hi Sri,

    You'll find a discussion of this online in the MSDN Library:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vsintro7/html/vxoriVisualStudioNETSystemRequirements.asp
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vsintro7/html/vxtbsVisualStudioNETSoftwareRequirements.asp

    www.cindywinegarden.com

    Cindy Winegarden, Feb 17, 2004
  5. hi
    sr

    i am saurabh , done my 70-306 exam successfully , u should have win 2000 (any version) and above

    it is better to have win xp bcoz win xp has already .net framework installed, ram requirement is based upon the os u choos

    u shouldhave visual stiudio.net it will help

    and for further system requirement plz read the self pased training book by Microsof

    by
    saurabh

    =?Utf-8?B?c2F1cmFiaA==?=, Feb 17, 2004
  6. sri

    Lorne Smith Guest

    Correction... XP does NOT come with the .NET framework preinstalled... And
    don't bother with the MS book... It sucks...

    "saurabh" <> wrote in message
    > hi
    > sri
    >
    > i am saurabh , done my 70-306 exam successfully , u should have win 2000

    (any version) and above

    > it is better to have win xp bcoz win xp has already .net framework

    installed, ram requirement is based upon the os u choose

    > u shouldhave visual stiudio.net it will help u
    >
    > and for further system requirement plz read the self pased training book

    by Microsoft

    Lorne Smith, Feb 17, 2004
  7. sri

    Eric Guest

    Lorne Smith wrote:

    > Correction... XP does NOT come with the .NET framework
    > preinstalled... And don't bother with the MS book... It sucks...

    New computers that come with WinXP preinstalled do have the Framework
    preinstalled (at least this is true for Dell).

    Eric, Feb 17, 2004
  8. Upgrade. I would recommend XP Pro, as it is quite easy to set up the web
    server for ASP.NET.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think Outside the Box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Feb 17, 2004
  9. sri

    Lorne Smith Guest

    But that still does not mean it's preinstalled on XP... Merely that some
    OEM's are preinstalling it... It's an optional component as far as XP is
    concerned... MS are very unlikely to make it an integral part of the OS
    until Longhorn...

    Lorne Smith, Feb 17, 2004
  10. sri

    Jay Walters Guest

    Correction - 1.1 comes with WS2K3, doesn't it? ;-)

    Jay Walters, Feb 19, 2004
  11. sri

    Lorne Smith Guest

    Ah, but WS2K3 is NOT Windows XP... It's WS2K3!! ;) hehehe...

    But still... I did forget about the server version... Probably cause I don't
    use it, and odds are a server won't be running any NET software for quite
    some time, assuming it's used for it's indended purpose of a server...

    Lorne

    Lorne Smith, Feb 20, 2004