New to MCP

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by rainman, Jun 4, 2005.

  1. rainman

    rainman Guest

    rainman, Jun 4, 2005

  2. rainman

    James R Guest

    Hi
    Much of this is answered on the Microsoft website
    (http://www.microsoft.com/uk/learning/certifications/default.mspx). I'd
    suggest having a good trawl through there, before choosing the path you
    think is right for you.
    For the MCP question, try here for the full list of options ->
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcp/requirements.asp
    For the A+ requirement, note that you would have to have both A+ and either
    Server+ or Network+ in order for this to count towards MCSA
    (http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/windows2003/). If you had A+ and
    one of the other two this one count instead of the elective exam. However,
    IT DOES NOT count towards MCSE
    (http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/), so if that's your
    goal - why bother.
    The same applies to MCDST (counts towards MCSA, but not MCSE).
    If you want MCP in the short term, plan your certification track first,
    and then start with the exam covering the topic you'll be most comfortable
    with
    good luck
    --
    James R