    I also know that along the way I will have the opportunity to obtain the A+
    and net +, can someone explain all these certifications and let me know what
    to do to break in to the field?

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXNTZWxsc0hvbWVz?=, Feb 7, 2005

  2. ChrisSellsHomes wrote:
    > I have always been into computers

    What, like checking email and playing solitaire

    I just started in Tech support for gateway
    > computers

    You have my sympathies

    and thinking about going back to school to obtain an A.s in
    > Networking Administration and I have an option for MCSE or Cisco

    Wow that's like a license to print money.

    can someone explain all these certifications and
    > let me know what to do to break in to the field?

    I won't explain the different certs because I don't spoon feed noobs but
    I'll give you some advice. If you want to work in this field learn to do
    your own research and always remember Google is your friend.
    --
    MCNGP #38
    Link to the product removed to confuse the N00bs

    CrushesBeforeItCuts, Feb 7, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXNTZWxsc0hvbWVz?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "CrushesBeforeItCuts" <> say in

    > If you want to work in this field learn to do
    > your own research and always remember Google is your friend.

    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-MEN!

    And since you had the were-with-all to find the communities page at MS
    (hereafter known as "the Newgroups Luser Interface") you _SHOULD_ be able
    to find a friggin' search button on the same page, or a link called
    learning...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    - The most useful tool for dealing with management types is, of course,
    an automatic weapon.

    Neil, Feb 7, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXNTZWxsc0hvbWVz?=

    Consultant Guest

    yeah, but how many points you get for selling my home?

    "ChrisSellsHomes" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Consultant, Feb 7, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXNTZWxsc0hvbWVz?=

    molsonexpert Guest

    "Consultant" <> wrote in message
    > yeah, but how many points you get for selling my home?
    >
    > "ChrisSellsHomes" <> wrote in
    > message news:...

    We're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all
    know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anybody want to see second prize?

    Second prize is a set of steak knives.

    Third prize is you're fired.

    steve.

    molsonexpert, Feb 7, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXNTZWxsc0hvbWVz?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXNTZWxsc0hvbWVz?=
    <> say in news:16FD24BA-9F8B-
    :

    > can someone explain all these certifications

    I can....but I wont

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    - Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean no-one's out to get you.

    Neil, Feb 7, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXNTZWxsc0hvbWVz?=

    kpg Guest

    "ChrisSellsHomes" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > I have always been into computers but have never had the opportunity to
    > work
    > in the field. I just started in Tech support for gateway computers and
    > thinking about going back to school to obtain an A.s in Networking
    > Administration and I have an option for MCSE or Cisco and am not sure
    > which
    > way to go.
    >
    > I also know that along the way I will have the opportunity to obtain the
    > A+
    > and net +, can someone explain all these certifications and let me know
    > what
    > to do to break in to the field?

    Real Estate is a much better field.

    --
    kpg A+ MCP MCNGP 0x22
    Visit www.MCNGP.com to find out who delivered

    kpg, Feb 7, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXNTZWxsc0hvbWVz?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "kpg" <> say in news:eENJXUVDFHA.1084
    @tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl:

    > Real Estate is a much better field.

    I hear corn fields are nice too

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    - Power corrupts. Absolute power is kind of neat.

    Neil, Feb 7, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXNTZWxsc0hvbWVz?=

    kpg Guest

    >> Real Estate is a much better field.
    >
    > I hear corn fields are nice too

    I once saw a farmer outstanding in his field.

    --
    kpg A+ MCP MCNGP 0x22
    Visit www.MCNGP.com for a chance to win!

    kpg, Feb 7, 2005
  10. Hi ChrisSellsHomes,

    If you are going back to school, try obtaining a networking degree or
    something of that sort. It should cover a wide range of technologies that are
    current and have a fair coverage of multiple vendors.

    Should you manage to break into the field, you will know better what cert to
    pursue. Basically MCSE is more focus on the MSFT server technology while
    CISCO is more focus on their networking technology. A+ and Network+ is kind
    of basic cert from a vendor neutral body called CompTIA but some might find
    it rather challenging.

    Hope this helps.

    Bobby

    =?Utf-8?B?Qm9iYnk=?=, Feb 8, 2005
  11. Bobby,

    Nice of you to answer his questions to point him in the right direction.

    This is my first visit to the Microsoft Newsgroup area. I figured this would
    be the place to get serious answers to questions, rather than the usual
    flippant responses you get from other public groups. Guess I was wrong, aside
    from yourself.

    Thanks!!!!

    =?Utf-8?B?U3BvdA==?=, Feb 8, 2005
  12. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXNTZWxsc0hvbWVz?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "=?Utf-8?B?Qm9iYnk=?=" <> say
    in news::

    > CompTIA but some might find
    > it rather challenging.

    HAHAHAHA...oh I'm sorry you were serious. here let me laugh harder

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    - Brother Maynard! Bring out the Holy Hand Grenade!

    Neil, Feb 8, 2005
  13. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXNTZWxsc0hvbWVz?=

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, =?Utf-8?B?U3BvdA==?= climbed on a
    soapbox & opined:

    > Bobby,
    >
    > Nice of you to answer his questions to point him in the right
    > direction.
    >
    > This is my first visit to the Microsoft Newsgroup area. I figured this
    > would be the place to get serious answers to questions, rather than
    > the usual flippant responses you get from other public groups. Guess I
    > was wrong, aside from yourself.
    >
    > Thanks!!!!

    Here's link that may be a great help to both you and Bobby.

    http://tinyurl.com/5bnfn

    You're welcome!!!!

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110

    JaR, Feb 8, 2005
  14. Well let's see....you have always been into computers....perhaps you might
    have even discovered the INTERNET. It has a wonderful thing on it called a
    SEARCH ENGINE. Try www.google.com and do some snooping around before you
    come into this site and expect to be spoonfed all the answers.

    =?Utf-8?B?Um9uYXRob3NwaWNl?=, Feb 8, 2005
  15. don't worry about him...it was a momentary lapse..called a brain F@rt!!!

    =?Utf-8?B?Um9uYXRob3NwaWNl?=, Feb 8, 2005
  16. Yeah... The internet... you know, that thing that Al Gore
    invented?!?!

    Keyboard Cowboy, Feb 8, 2005
  17. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXNTZWxsc0hvbWVz?=

    ews Guest

    ChrisSellsHomes wrote:
    > I have always been into computers but have never had the opportunity to work
    > in the field. I just started in Tech support for gateway computers and
    > thinking about going back to school to obtain an A.s in Networking
    > Administration and I have an option for MCSE or Cisco and am not sure which
    > way to go.
    >
    > I also know that along the way I will have the opportunity to obtain the A+
    > and net +, can someone explain all these certifications and let me know what
    > to do to break in to the field?

    Get a full 4 year degree in computer science, some experience, and every
    cert you can.. maybe in 6 years you can be an admin =) .. ps, dont be
    afraid to learn linux, it helps.

    ews, Feb 9, 2005