    for.

    Thanks

    , Nov 8, 2003

  2. DeMoN LaG Guest

    wrote in news:t3qpqvcvvq4ldprsgavfsiebin62mvi157
    @4ax.com:

    > The computer can apparently capture from a TV because it has a cable
    > connection. Can I use that to capture fro a VCR?

    You need to use the software to first display what is coming in from the
    RCA/Svideo ports and then capture it. ATI's Multimedia Center (Which
    should have been included) does this.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk (actually me)
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

    DeMoN LaG, Nov 8, 2003

  3. James Guest

    I don't see why you couldn't hook up the VCR. If you can capture cable
    which uses a coaxial port then you should be able to use the VCR also,
    because I am pretty sure they also have a coaxial port. Unless I am
    mistaken. Good luck.

    -aliasnexus0

    James, Nov 9, 2003
  4. Guest

    On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 00:01:27 GMT, "James" <>
    wrote:

    >I don't see why you couldn't hook up the VCR. If you can capture cable
    >which uses a coaxial port then you should be able to use the VCR also,
    >because I am pretty sure they also have a coaxial port. Unless I am
    >mistaken. Good luck.
    >
    >-aliasnexus0
    ><> wrote in message
    >> I never play games on a PC but I capture video. I just purchased a
    >> new Vaio computer and it has an ATI Radeon 9200 video card. This card
    >> has a audio/video in and S-video in jacks on both the front and back.
    >> I must confess that I do not know what these are used for. I thought
    >> maybe I could capture from my VCR by doing an AV out from the VCR and
    >> into to these but nothing happened. I have an Hollywood Bridge I was
    >> using and was hoping I could skip that and use the these connectors
    >> but apparently not.
    >>
    >> The computer can apparently capture from a TV because it has a cable
    >> connection. Can I use that to capture fro a VCR?
    >>
    >> Anyhow, could someone give me an idea as to what these inputs are used
    >> for.
    >>
    >> Thanks

    One would think so. I believe you have to use their Giga Pocket
    software. When I get some time I will take a look at it. Meanwhile,
    I can capture thru my Hollywood Bridge

    , Nov 9, 2003
  5. Guest

    On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 18:48:26 -0000, DeMoN LaG <n@a> wrote:

    > wrote in news:t3qpqvcvvq4ldprsgavfsiebin62mvi157
    >@4ax.com:
    >
    >> The computer can apparently capture from a TV because it has a cable
    >> connection. Can I use that to capture fro a VCR?
    >>

    >You need to use the software to first display what is coming in from the
    >RCA/Svideo ports and then capture it. ATI's Multimedia Center (Which
    >should have been included) does this.

    I don' think it did , The card was installed and there was no
    documentation I found in the box. Its a Sony Vaio by the way. I went
    to the ATI web site to see if I could download it but the latest
    version is going to ask me for my original CD in order to install.

    , Nov 9, 2003
  6. Talc Ta Matt Guest

    There's almost certainly a program included to watch video on that you have
    input into the computer.

    My old Vaio from like 5 years ago has a TV tuner can capture the input video.
    So yours must have something similar.

    Talc Ta Matt, Nov 9, 2003