    better choice out there Any help would be most appreciated, E Mail is
    always welcomed Thank you `
    ` Robert W Fischer

    robert w fischer, Jul 28, 2003

  2. robert w fischer

    HRosita Guest

    Hi,

    Since you are new to digital I would check these url that have the reviews
    on the latest cameras:
    www.steves-digicams.com
    www.dpreview.com

    Once you have narrowed your choice to 2 or three cameras, you can either post
    here and ask for additional subjective opinions or you can search the
    Rec.Photo.Digital group in google to see previous discussions.

    Hope this helps
    Rosita

    HRosita, Jul 28, 2003

  3. robert w fischer

    Don Stauffer Guest

    I'd recommend keeping your film equipment. If you buy even a $50
    scanner, you can get high res scans from even well exposed 4 x 6 prints.

    Then, the res of the digital camera you shop for is less important. If
    you really need HIGH resolution for a shot, you can use film camera and
    scan print.

    The digital camera has lots of advantages of convenience. But there are
    times when the film is better. Having a digicam AND a film camera gives
    you the best of both worlds. You can pick and choose depending on the
    situation.

    --
    Don Stauffer in Minnesota

    Don Stauffer, Jul 28, 2003