    Does it not exist in Firefox?

    Thanks.

    Dave

    David Roy, Mar 21, 2005

  2. David Roy wrote:
    > Hi all
    >
    > In Mozilla 1.7.3 (the version I was using), you could set the browser
    > so that, when you opened a new tab, it would be the same page as was
    > on screen when you did it. I believe you could also set it so it
    > would always go to your home page when you opened a new tab.
    >
    > I've recently decided to just go the Firefox route, and installed
    > 1.0.1, and I can't find that function.
    >
    > Now, whenever I open a new tab, it's just a blank page. I've checked
    > all the Options, and it doesn't appear to be there.
    >
    > Does it not exist in Firefox?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Dave

    You need extensions for this. Seems to me I remember one called Clone
    Window:

    http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=25&hl=clone window

    Note that I have never used it.

    For the other, there are a couple. Tabbed Browser Extensions will do it
    as will Tab Mix:

    http://hemiolapei.free.fr/divers/tabmix/tabmix.html.en

    This one I have used, with success. There may well be smaller extensions
    that will accomplish the goal.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Mar 21, 2005

  3. David Roy

    ..brian.. Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > David Roy wrote:
    > > Hi all
    > >
    > > In Mozilla 1.7.3 (the version I was using), you could set the

    browser
    > > so that, when you opened a new tab, it would be the same page as

    was
    > > on screen when you did it. I believe you could also set it so it
    > > would always go to your home page when you opened a new tab.
    > >
    > > I've recently decided to just go the Firefox route, and installed
    > > 1.0.1, and I can't find that function.
    > >
    > > Now, whenever I open a new tab, it's just a blank page. I've

    checked
    > > all the Options, and it doesn't appear to be there.
    > >
    > > Does it not exist in Firefox?
    > >
    > > Thanks.
    > >
    > > Dave

    > You need extensions for this. Seems to me I remember one called

    Clone
    > Window:
    >
    > http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=25&hl=clone window
    >
    > Note that I have never used it.
    >
    > For the other, there are a couple. Tabbed Browser Extensions will do

    it
    > as will Tab Mix:
    >
    > http://hemiolapei.free.fr/divers/tabmix/tabmix.html.en
    >
    > This one I have used, with success. There may well be smaller

    extensions
    > that will accomplish the goal.
    >
    > Lee

    Clone Windows has the following options: default, home page, blank,
    cloned; with seperate settings for windows and tabs.

    ..brian.., Mar 22, 2005
  4. David Roy

    David Roy Guest

    Thanks, guys! Clone Windows works great!!!

    Dave

    David Roy, Mar 24, 2005