    And no, I wasn't looking at Pr0n. I was looking at this stuff. Dialup
    users steer clear:

    http://www.strikenet.js.mil/201/jdam/jdam-video.asp
    M. Murcek, Jul 24, 2005

  2. M. Murcek

    John Barnes Guest

    Not sure why anyone would not set their options to delete the files each
    time IE is closed. Who wants the old stuff left behind when they are done.

    John Barnes, Jul 24, 2005

  3. M. Murcek

    M. Murcek Guest

    Good point, John. I wonder why that isn't the default, except it may
    improve response time on some page revisits...

    M. Murcek, Jul 24, 2005
  4. M. Murcek

    John Barnes Guest

    It would, but one session is enough. Also, who wants the old pages so I
    could never understand the default for the check for newer versions of
    stored pages being anything buy every visit to the pages. If it is new you
    want it, if it is old, the pages use the temporary internet files and fill
    fast.

    John Barnes, Jul 24, 2005
  5. I set IE to delete temporary internet files on closing IE. Every time. Yes,
    initial loads on frequently visited pages may be a bit slower. But I have far
    fewer problems with IE overall.

    Another thing to check is to make sure that your DNS is clean. From a command
    prompt: "ipconfig /flushdns" will clean it up.

    --
    Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
    ======================

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 24, 2005
  6. M. Murcek

    M. Murcek Guest

    Thanks, Charlie - another good tip. I've set my IE to delete the temp files
    on close, and I'll keep the /flushdns tip in mind also.

    M. Murcek, Jul 24, 2005
  7. M. Murcek

    Tom Ferguson Guest

    Those on dial-up especially will want to use any setting that speeds up
    surfing. If all files for web pages have to be sent on every visit even
    for sites visited frequently, things get agonizingly slower than with
    these settings set to allow caching for at least a few days.

    Just my view.

    Tom
    MSMVP
    Windows Shell/User.

    : Not sure why anyone would not set their options to delete the files
    each
    : time IE is closed. Who wants the old stuff left behind when they are
    done.
    :
    :
    : "M. Murcek" <> wrote in message
    : news:...
    : > Under x86 version of XP, sometimes I right click on a picture that
    is
    : > showing in an IE window to save it. Sometimes, the IE Temporary
    Files
    : > cache becomes "polluted," and will only allow a save as .bmp,
    regardless
    : > of the actual picture type (usually .jpg) Under x64 Edition, Media
    Player
    : > 10 becomes unable to play streaming video for the same reason. Get
    rid of
    : > those temporary internet files regularly...
    : >
    Tom Ferguson, Jul 24, 2005
  8. M. Murcek

    M. Murcek Guest

    I have to agree with that also. We have a fair number of people here who
    say they are still using dialup. For them, the temp files cache matters.
    Even a lot of pages that are "new" still have lots of elements of "older"
    versions of the same page in them.

    M. Murcek, Jul 25, 2005