    http://www.mercadolivre.com.br/jm/item?site=MLB&id=27787836

    Also, are there any 1200 or 1300MaH AAAs out there?

    , May 2, 2005

  2. Paul Rubin Guest

    Paul Rubin, May 2, 2005

  3. Chris D Guest

    On 1 May 2005 20:07:53 -0700
    wrote:

    > Where can I find some Sony 1100MaH rechargeables? You can see
    > a pic of them in the link that follows (wait for the picture
    > to change), but there seems to be no mention of them anywhere
    > else online!
    >
    > http://www.mercadolivre.com.br/jm/item?site=MLB&id=27787836
    >
    > Also, are there any 1200 or 1300MaH AAAs out there?

    Any reason you're after Sony? Sony are, IMX, way overpriced.
    Pick up some 2500MAH NiMHs from somewhere. I Use Sanyo, but
    that's just because it was easiest for me to pick up.

    -Chris D

    Chris D, May 2, 2005
  4. Paul Rubin Guest

    Chris D <> writes:
    > > Also, are there any 1200 or 1300MaH AAAs out there?

    > Any reason you're after Sony? Sony are, IMX, way overpriced.
    > Pick up some 2500MAH NiMHs from somewhere. I Use Sanyo, but
    > that's just because it was easiest for me to pick up.

    He's talking about AAA's. Sony claims to have 900 mAH which is
    impressive. The highest one normally sees is still 750 or 800 mAH.
    The supposed 1100 mAH in that brazilian pic are counterfeit and
    are really cheap crap 500 mAH cells, see the link I posted earlier.

    Paul Rubin, May 2, 2005
  5. Chris D Guest

    On 01 May 2005 22:59:40 -0700
    Paul Rubin <http://> wrote:

    > He's talking about AAA's.

    Doh, My bad, Sorry. Learn to read properly before posting.
    <sigh>

    -Chris D

    Chris D, May 2, 2005
  6. Sorry to correct you, but it's mAh.1100 mAh for AAA size seems too much, and
    35 euro also seems very much.I paid 11 euro for an orbit charger with 4
    genuine sanyo 700 mAh ni-cd batteries AA, which is quite reasonable.Also,
    sony is quite overpriced.As anyone knows, the companies make profit from
    accesories.e.g. my camcorder cost 400 euro, and a 2nd battery for it (mind
    you, the smallest capacity) cost 58 euro, and a tape more than 4 euro.Is
    this website portuguese or brazilian?I strongly recommend, don't buy from
    the internet especially from ebay, but from stores their policy you know
    well and have little chances to cheat you.

    --
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    dimtzort AT otenet DOT gr

    Dimitrios Tzortzakakis, May 2, 2005
  7. The link you posted is spanish, while the OP's link was brazilian.However,
    chances are high that these batteries are fake, and they could even
    explode.Three people were electrocuted here, from chinese irons not having
    ground.

    --
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    dimtzort AT otenet DOT gr

    Dimitrios Tzortzakakis, May 2, 2005
  8. Juan Vado Guest

    On Mon, 02 May 2005 05:59:40 GMT, Paul Rubin <http://>
    wrote in news::

    > Chris D <> writes:
    > He's talking about AAAs. Sony claims to have 900 mAH which is
    > impressive. The highest one normally sees is still 750 or 800 mAH.
    > The supposed 1100 mAH in that brazilian pic are counterfeit and
    > are really cheap crap 500 mAH cells, see the link I posted earlier.

    I just bought a pair of Energizer 850 mAh AAAs here (Canada)
    for C$14 at a (soon to be re-branded) Radio Shack.

    I would not be overly surprised to find a Sony branded
    AAA with 900 mAh.

    Juan Vado, May 2, 2005
  9. Bob Salomon Guest

    In article <Xns964A9C82E34D1juanvado@38.119.71.210>,
    Juan Vado <> wrote:

    > On Mon, 02 May 2005 05:59:40 GMT, Paul Rubin <http://>
    > wrote in news::
    >
    > > Chris D <> writes:
    > > He's talking about AAAs. Sony claims to have 900 mAH which is
    > > impressive. The highest one normally sees is still 750 or 800 mAH.
    > > The supposed 1100 mAH in that brazilian pic are counterfeit and
    > > are really cheap crap 500 mAH cells, see the link I posted earlier.

    > I just bought a pair of Energizer 850 mAh AAAs here (Canada)
    > for C$14 at a (soon to be re-branded) Radio Shack.
    >
    > I would not be overly surprised to find a Sony branded
    > AAA with 900 mAh.

    > News==----
    > Newsgroups

    Ansmann has been selling 900 mAh AAA NiMh. Thomas Distributing has them
    in stock.

    --
    To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

    Bob Salomon, May 2, 2005
  10. Paul Rubin Guest

    Bob Salomon <> writes:
    > Ansmann has been selling 900 mAh AAA NiMh. Thomas Distributing has them
    > in stock.

    I don't know about Ansmann AAA's but their AA's have tended to have
    overstated capacity.

    Paul Rubin, May 3, 2005
  11. Bob Salomon Guest

    In article <>,
    Paul Rubin <http://> wrote:

    > Bob Salomon <> writes:
    > > Ansmann has been selling 900 mAh AAA NiMh. Thomas Distributing has them
    > > in stock.

    > I don't know about Ansmann AAA's but their AA's have tended to have
    > overstated capacity.

    That you would have a very difficult time proving.

    However it is easy for you to say.

    --
    To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

    Bob Salomon, May 3, 2005
  12. Paul Rubin Guest

    Bob Salomon <> writes:
    > > I don't know about Ansmann AAA's but their AA's have tended to have
    > > overstated capacity.

    > That you would have a very difficult time proving.

    There is nothing difficult about it at all. You put the batteries on
    an analyzer and press a button. If the measured capacity is generally
    lower than the marked capacity across a bunch of cells, that shows
    that the capacity tends to be overstated.

    > However it is easy for you to say.

    Well, it's based on other people's measurements but I don't mind doing
    my own. Do you sell the Ansmann AAA cells? I'm willing to buy a
    couple of them from you for their retail price plus actual cost of
    mailing, and I'll test them on a LaCrosse BC-900 and post the results.
    (I'm not willing to order them from some retail site and pay $5 for
    the cells plus $8.95 in inflated shipping charges).

    I can also ask someone to test them on a somewhat fancier Duratrax
    analyzer and I'll be getting a Great Planes Triton sometime in the
    next month or two, so we can check the different test results for
    consistency.

    Paul Rubin, May 3, 2005
  13. Bob Salomon Guest

    In article <>,
    Paul Rubin <http://> wrote:

    > it's based on other people's measurements

    Always is.

    You can buy Ansmann cells from Thomas Distributing. I'm sure they would
    be happy to help you in your project.

    But in the future report your own findings.

    --
    To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

    Bob Salomon, May 3, 2005
  14. Paul Rubin Guest

    Bob Salomon <> writes:
    > You can buy Ansmann cells from Thomas Distributing. I'm sure they would
    > be happy to help you in your project.
    >
    > But in the future report your own findings.

    Oh, stuff it. If someone asks how many days are in a year and I
    report 365.xxx, that's someone else's measurement, but it's perfectly
    legitimate, I don't have to set up my own astronomical observatory to
    answer such a question based on knowledge that I've acquired. The
    measurements are legitimate. And Thomas Distributing's shipping
    charges are exhorbitant. I do buy from them sometimes but I'm not
    going to place a special order just for a couple AAA cells.

    Paul Rubin, May 3, 2005