New SONY Playstation due out in a few weeks...

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by steve, Sep 22, 2004.

  1. steve

    steve Guest

    steve, Sep 22, 2004
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. steve

    A Guest

    On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 19:55:32 +1200, steve <>
    wrote:

    >Good features.
    >Much smaller size.
    >Same price (to start) as existing PS2
    >
    >Photos included in this article....
    >
    >http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3675700.stm


    Hard to see if its a fliptop loading DVD drive. It looks too slim to
    have a tray and it'll be too expensive to have a slot drive.

    They also forgot to mention the name, PStwo
     
    A, Sep 22, 2004
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. steve

    ~misfit~ Guest

    A wrote:
    > On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 19:55:32 +1200, steve <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Good features.
    >> Much smaller size.
    >> Same price (to start) as existing PS2
    >>
    >> Photos included in this article....
    >>
    >> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3675700.stm

    >
    > Hard to see if its a fliptop loading DVD drive. It looks too slim to
    > have a tray and it'll be too expensive to have a slot drive.
    >
    > They also forgot to mention the name, PStwo


    There's been talk of this for a while now. Standard PS2's have been in short
    supply for a few months with vendors not being able to get them. It seems it
    was a deliberate ploy by Sony to push up figures for this new model when
    it's released. There are people world-wide waiting for PS2's who will snap
    these up if it's the only option they have. Then Sony will be able to crow
    about what a marketing sucess the PStwo is.

    Read about it the other day somewhere, The Register? Somewhere like that.
    --
    ~misfit~
     
    ~misfit~, Sep 22, 2004
    #3
  4. steve

    David Preece Guest

    steve wrote:
    > Good features.
    > Much smaller size.
    > Same price (to start) as existing PS2


    Built in Ethernet too.

    Dave
     
    David Preece, Sep 24, 2004
    #4
  5. steve

    A Guest

    On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 10:18:22 +1200, "~misfit~"
    <> wrote:

    >A wrote:
    >> On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 19:55:32 +1200, steve <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Good features.
    >>> Much smaller size.
    >>> Same price (to start) as existing PS2
    >>>
    >>> Photos included in this article....
    >>>
    >>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3675700.stm

    >>
    >> Hard to see if its a fliptop loading DVD drive. It looks too slim to
    >> have a tray and it'll be too expensive to have a slot drive.
    >>
    >> They also forgot to mention the name, PStwo

    >
    >There's been talk of this for a while now. Standard PS2's have been in short
    >supply for a few months with vendors not being able to get them. It seems it
    >was a deliberate ploy by Sony to push up figures for this new model when
    >it's released. There are people world-wide waiting for PS2's who will snap
    >these up if it's the only option they have. Then Sony will be able to crow
    >about what a marketing sucess the PStwo is.
    >
    >Read about it the other day somewhere, The Register? Somewhere like that.


    Or it could be that Sony have stopped production of the original PS2
    as they want to sell them all off before the arrival of the smaller
    replacement - hence the lack of supply.
     
    A, Sep 25, 2004
    #5
  6. steve

    ~misfit~ Guest

    A wrote:
    > On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 10:18:22 +1200, "~misfit~"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> A wrote:
    >>> On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 19:55:32 +1200, steve <>
    >>> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Good features.
    >>>> Much smaller size.
    >>>> Same price (to start) as existing PS2
    >>>>
    >>>> Photos included in this article....
    >>>>
    >>>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3675700.stm
    >>>
    >>> Hard to see if its a fliptop loading DVD drive. It looks too slim to
    >>> have a tray and it'll be too expensive to have a slot drive.
    >>>
    >>> They also forgot to mention the name, PStwo

    >>
    >> There's been talk of this for a while now. Standard PS2's have been
    >> in short supply for a few months with vendors not being able to get
    >> them. It seems it was a deliberate ploy by Sony to push up figures
    >> for this new model when it's released. There are people world-wide
    >> waiting for PS2's who will snap these up if it's the only option
    >> they have. Then Sony will be able to crow about what a marketing
    >> sucess the PStwo is.
    >>
    >> Read about it the other day somewhere, The Register? Somewhere like
    >> that.

    >
    > Or it could be that Sony have stopped production of the original PS2
    > as they want to sell them all off before the arrival of the smaller
    > replacement - hence the lack of supply.


    Either way it as basically market manipulation, makes it look good for the
    stockholders at the AGM.
    --
    ~misfit~
     
    ~misfit~, Sep 25, 2004
    #6
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. hectorcorrector

    Why do favicons disappear after a few weeks?

    hectorcorrector, Jan 22, 2004, in forum: Firefox
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    5,993
  2. Anonymous
    Replies:
    8
    Views:
    650
    Jim Watt
    Feb 9, 2004
  3. privacy.at Anonymous Remailer

    My first few weeks on the internet have been a security nightmare

    privacy.at Anonymous Remailer, Feb 9, 2004, in forum: Computer Security
    Replies:
    9
    Views:
    446
    Micheal Robert Zium
    Feb 11, 2004
  4. whome

    Playstation 3 due soon?

    whome, Aug 14, 2006, in forum: NZ Computing
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    512
  5. sandy58

    Re: PerfectDisk 11 will be out in a few weeks.

    sandy58, Feb 12, 2010, in forum: Computer Information
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    839
    sandy58
    Feb 17, 2010
Loading...

Share This Page