    Let me know what you think. www.digifilm.info

    btw you will need to dl the newest ver. of Falsh player. It will do it for
    you.

    netnews, Jan 5, 2004

  2. netnews

    Alan Terry Guest

    In article <xv5Kb.736186$HS4.5627906@attbi_s01>, netnews
    <> writes

    > Yes it is another digital imaging site, but this one is for the general
    >consumer. The guy down the road that just wants to know where to get his
    >digitalpics printed and not ripped off.

    Please ...
    >Let me know what you think. www.digifilm.info

    I think you have described a market that wants to be informed and have
    created a website that wants to entertain.

    --
    Alan ............

    Alan Terry, Jan 5, 2004

  3. netnews

    netnews Guest

    Hello Alan,
    Thanks for the input. I am glad you like the web site. I hope other
    people find it as entertaining as you do.
    When the forums sections is 100% the visitors will be able to inform
    eachother.

    Thanks,

    netnews, Jan 5, 2004
  4. netnews

    Alan Terry Guest

    In article <SxcKb.62614$I07.271968@attbi_s53>, netnews
    <> writes
    >Hello Alan,
    > Thanks for the input. I am glad you like the web site. I hope other
    >people find it as entertaining as you do.

    Hang on - I actually said that you: "... have created a website that
    wants to entertain".

    This is different from me saying I found it entertaining or that I think
    anyone else would!

    I was actually trying to point out the MISMATCH between what your target
    market wants and the style of your site!

    IMO "The guy down the road that just wants to know where to get his
    digitalpics printed and not ripped off" would switch his/her TV/DVD on
    for entertainment and may find the Flash aspects of your site slow, off-
    putting and unnecessary in this context.

    Then there's the way you regarding a visitor's Flash Player being below
    version 7 as being beneath you!

    Alan ............

    --
    Alan ............

    Alan Terry, Jan 5, 2004
  5. netnews

    Michael Guest

    Hi,

    > Let me know what you think. www.digifilm.info

    Well, I saw the flash intro loading and decided to move on.

    /Michael

    Michael, Jan 5, 2004
  6. netnews

    Baldy Cotton Guest

    Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
    >Well, I saw the flash intro loading and decided to move on.

    Same here.

    Baldy Cotton, Jan 5, 2004
  7. netnews

    Skymuffins Guest

    > btw you will need to dl the newest ver. of Falsh player. It will do it for
    > you.

    That was the killer for me. I am not willing to download drivers/players
    and software to look at a site... ANY site. You should have a "Skip Flash
    Intro" on your site or have an html version for those of us who aren't
    willing to wait and wait and wait watch a silly (but occasionally cool)
    flash intro.

    - Harrison.

    Skymuffins, Jan 5, 2004
  8. netnews

    netnews Guest

    Too Bad, and not a Flash into, it is a Flash site.

    netnews, Jan 6, 2004
  9. netnews

    Peter Jones Guest

    Peter Jones, Jan 6, 2004
  10. netnews

    netnews Guest

    Hello Peter,
    Try to critique look at the site as it is. Did it load fast? Did you like
    the interface? Is the music too much? Did some components not load? I know
    when I first tested the site many images did not show up on mouse over. I
    hade Flash 6 installed on my comp. I was still able to view most all of the
    site though. We opted to have the splash screen do a quick detection to
    check your ver of Flash player and prompt you for a dl. It is a very quick
    process.
    Thanks

    netnews, Jan 6, 2004
  11. netnews

    netnews Guest

    Hi Hamilton,
    Still not dl ? I bet you dl plugins don't you. You look for adaptors for
    your telescope, same thing for the comp.
    Thanks

    netnews, Jan 6, 2004
  12. netnews

    netnews Guest

    Hello Alan,
    Did you look at the site? Sounds like you missed something
    Thanks,

    netnews, Jan 6, 2004
  13. netnews

    JC Dill Guest

    On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 05:28:03 GMT, "netnews" <>
    wrote:

    >Too Bad, and not a Flash into, it is a Flash site.

    Too Bad, that's really really stupid. As is top-posting. Both of
    these things drive people away (from your site, from your posts). You
    are not off to a good start.

    Who wants to take a bet that Doc Holliday's (top-posted) response is
    that he's right and we are all wrong?

    jc

    JC Dill, Jan 6, 2004
  14. netnews

    Skymuffins Guest

    "netnews" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Hamilton,
    > Still not dl ? I bet you dl plugins don't you. You look for adaptors for
    > your telescope, same thing for the comp.
    > Thanks
    > "Skymuffins" <> wrote in message
    > >

    > > > btw you will need to dl the newest ver. of Falsh player. It will do it

    > for
    > > > you.

    > > That was the killer for me. I am not willing to download

    drivers/players
    > > and software to look at a site... ANY site. You should have a "Skip

    Flash
    > > Intro" on your site or have an html version for those of us who aren't
    > > willing to wait and wait and wait watch a silly (but occasionally cool)
    > > flash intro.
    > >
    > > - Harrison.

    Yup, I download lots of stuff for my telescope... but just don't like a site
    telling me that I have to download the latest version of some plug-in for
    the privlage of looking at their site. JMHO. :)

    - Harrison.

    Skymuffins, Jan 6, 2004
  15. netnews

    Skymuffins Guest

    "JC Dill" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 05:28:03 GMT, "netnews" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Too Bad, and not a Flash into, it is a Flash site.

    > Too Bad, that's really really stupid. As is top-posting. Both of
    > these things drive people away (from your site, from your posts). You
    > are not off to a good start.
    >
    > Who wants to take a bet that Doc Holliday's (top-posted) response is
    > that he's right and we are all wrong?
    >
    > jc

    .... which leads me to believe that he is more into attacking (and googling)
    the critics that improving his site.

    - Harrison

    Skymuffins, Jan 6, 2004
  16. netnews

    Alan Terry Guest

    In article <tgAKb.300240$_M.1714513@attbi_s54>, netnews
    <> writes
    >Hello Alan,
    >Did you look at the site?

    Of course.

    >Sounds like you missed something

    I don't know what you mean.

    Alan ............

    --
    Alan ............

    Alan Terry, Jan 6, 2004
  17. netnews

    netnews Guest

    Hello, Thanks,
    I don't mind where you post.
    I am not trying to drive people to the site, just thought some critisism of
    it would be helpful.
    Thanks for the help.

    netnews, Jan 6, 2004
  18. netnews

    netnews Guest

    Hello Harrison,
    Never attacked anybody... not my place.
    But thanks for the opinion. It is good to have things in perspective.
    thanks

    netnews, Jan 6, 2004
  19. netnews

    Mark Roberts Guest

    "netnews" <> wrote:

    >Hello, Thanks,
    >I don't mind where you post.
    >I am not trying to drive people to the site, just thought some critisism of
    >it would be helpful.

    I can't even get into the site. Just a page with the word "flash" in
    the center and no link to any actual content.

    --
    Mark Roberts
    Photography and writing

    Mark Roberts, Jan 6, 2004
  20. netnews

    netnews Guest

    Hello Mark,
    Click the arrow that says enter, please leave me some feedback. This site
    is geared to the regular guy who has a digital camera and just wants good
    looking prints.

    --
    David Holliday
    HollidayPhoto