    it will lock up on shutdown after the save settings screen goes away. Does
    anyone have any ideas on where I might look or some update I may need to
    apply to remedy this problem?

    =?Utf-8?B?RGFycmVsbA==?=, May 1, 2006

  2. Have you done a reinstall? Are there any attached devices such as external
    USB Drives connected? Have you checked the event viewer to see if there are
    any errors on startup?
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], May 1, 2006

  3. Yes, USB devices that are not needed during install - I was about to mention
    Cool&Quiet, but you are on Intel so, we can forget that. What AV are you
    running? Some systems are negatively affected by Avast!, but some of those
    can find a work-around - others, seem not to.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, May 1, 2006