    (Exchange 2007) but in security subject? What about a direct update from
    security MCSE 2003?

    Thanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?enViZXJv?=, Oct 7, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?enViZXJv?=

    Montreal MCT Guest

    My understanding is that there will not be a specific Microsoft
    certification for security because it is such an integral part of all
    Microsoft products that it will be included as a prerequisite for all
    upcoming exams.

    Not certain, but that is my understanding.

    Mitch Garvis, MCT
    MCSA, MCITP, MCDST, MCTS
    Visit my blog at http://feeds.feedburner.com/MitchGBlog
    ---

    Montreal MCT, Oct 8, 2007

  3. Thank you for your answer, Montreal.

    I am actually finishing MCSA messaging 2003 and I am interested on passing
    MCSE, but I'd like to do specialization on Security.
    Then, are MCSA or MCSE security the only security certifications on
    Microsoft? I have found that ISA Server 2000 or 2004 are a bit older exams,
    due ISA Server 2006 is the current version and ISA Server 2008 is going to
    appear briefly.
    I thouhgt to prepare just MCSE Windows 2003 and later prepare a possible new
    security certification, similar to the new MCITP on Exchange 2007. But it
    seems not to be the same.

    Nowadays, is it recommended to prepare MCSE security 2003?

    Thanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?enViZXJv?=, Oct 8, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?enViZXJv?=

    Montreal MCT Guest

    Nobody is suggesting not to study for MCSE: Security. It is a viable
    certifications and will be until Windows Server 2003 is retired.

    To achieve that certification you would need one of the following:

    Exam 70-299 - Implementing and Administering Security in a Microsoft WIndows
    Server 2003 Network
    Exam 70-350 - Implementing Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration
    (ISA) Server 2004
    Exam 70-227 - Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Internet
    Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2000, Enterprise Edition

    You will also need the following:

    70-298 - Designing Security for a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network.

    Good luck with it... but like I said, even if you do not go for the
    certification, security should be part of your thinking every day
    nonetheless! :)

    Montreal MCT, Oct 8, 2007
  5. I would definitely recommend that any Microsoft administrator considering
    security implications for the enterprise complete 70-298 and 70-299. In my
    own experience, these two certifications really targetted helping a security
    administrator examine the feautres of a Windows Server 2003 network in order
    to provide a secure environment through the use of GPOs, remote access
    policies, permissions, and role based delegation.

    As for the 2008 timeframe, I have a request on this subject specifically in
    to Trika but have not yet recieved an email back. I will follow up on this
    today and see if I can find out because this is something that is important
    for me as well.

    The idea that there should be no certification targeting the security
    aspects of 2008 is ludicrous because although it is true that each product
    has some security aspects to cover, the ability to coherently apply security
    guidelines accross an integrated set of products is really the skillset that
    a security administrator needs to be effective for an enterprise organization.
    --
    Wayne Anderson

    =?Utf-8?B?V2F5bmUgQW5kZXJzb24=?=, Oct 8, 2007