    drive, but connects to my computer using USB. Do they even make that?
    Thanks.

    Andy
    Gordy, Sep 24, 2004

  2. Gordy

    HF Guest

    Info here----http://www.drivecase.com/sataenclosures.html
    "Gordy" <> wrote in message
    news:QdP4d.19044$...
    > I have a new Seagate SATA hard drive and would like to make it an external
    > one. I am not sure which type of external enclosure to get. My computer
    > only has USB connections so I need a case that accepts a SATA/150 hard
    > drive, but connects to my computer using USB. Do they even make that?
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Andy

    ---
    HF, Sep 24, 2004

  3. Gordy

    Gordy Guest

    They only have one SATA enclosure that I can find, can anyone a little more
    with my Hard Drive Situation?

    Andy

    Gordy, Sep 25, 2004
  4. Gordy

    Gordy Guest

    Can anyone help a little more with my Hard Drive Situation?

    Andy's Question: I have a new Seagate SATA hard drive and would like to make

    Gordy, Sep 25, 2004
  5. Gordy

    Thor Guest

    "Gordy" <> wrote in message
    > Can anyone help a little more with my Hard Drive Situation?
    >
    > Andy's Question: I have a new Seagate SATA hard drive and would like to
    > make it an
    > external one. I am not sure which type of external enclosure to get. My
    > computer
    > only has USB connections so I need a case that accepts a SATA/150 hard
    > drive, but connects to my computer using USB. Do they even make that?

    Yep.

    http://www.cooldrives.com/usb20cdrwdvd.html

    http://www.cooldrives.com/nasadrenwiou.html
    Thor, Sep 25, 2004
  6. Gordy

    Gordy Guest

    Thank you for the help with the enclosure, that was what I was looking for.
    I have one more question though. It says that the enclosure is "HDD
    Compatibility 3.5¡± S-ATA Hard Disk Drive". I have a Seagate Barracuda 8MB
    SATA HD. Will mine be compatible and what are the different SATA types? I
    know that there is SATA 1.0 and I believe that there are other types.
    Thanks Again for your help.

    Andy

    Gordy, Sep 25, 2004
  7. Gordy

    Thor Guest

    "Gordy" <> wrote in message
    > Thank you for the help with the enclosure, that was what I was looking
    > for. I have one more question though. It says that the enclosure is "HDD
    > Compatibility 3.5¡± S-ATA Hard Disk Drive". I have a Seagate Barracuda
    > 8MB SATA HD. Will mine be compatible and what are the different SATA
    > types? I know that there is SATA 1.0 and I believe that there are other
    > types. Thanks Again for your help.

    your drive is fine. It will work.
    Thor, Sep 25, 2004