    that I cannot do something that should be so simple.
    --
    JerryI

    =?Utf-8?B?SmVycnlJ?=, Oct 29, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SmVycnlJ?=

    Webbie Guest

    You can test whether or not firewalls are causing the problem by
    temporarily turning
    them all off. Don't forget to turn them all back on after the short
    test. Of course, if the firewall is the problem, you will need to
    configure it. Screenshots of the areas in Norton Internet Security that
    should be configured are at
    http://screenshots.leeindy.com/nis_personal-firewall_configure_networking.shtml
    and
    http://screenshots.leeindy.com/nis_personal-firewall_configure_advanced-general.shtml

    Run the Home Network Setup Wizard found in Norton Internet Security on
    the Networking tab (Wizard button at bottom right).
    http://screenshots.leeindy.com/nis_personal-firewall_configure_networking.shtml
    The Home Network Setup Wizard will add your nic to the trusted zone.

    If you are using different firewalls, add the ip address subnet
    192.168.2.0 into your firewalls trusted zone. You should then be able
    to access shares on both computers.

    Webbie, Oct 30, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?SmVycnlJ?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    As indicated above if you have software Firewall you have to change the IP
    range of the Trusted Computers. http://www.ezlan.net/faq#trusted
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "JerryI" <> wrote in message
    > I replaced my wireless router today with a Linksys WRT54G. I have a

    desktop
    > XP computer connected by ethernet and a laptop XP connected wirelessly. I
    > have a DSL modem and after a couple hours on the phone to Linksys I can
    > access the internet from either computer. However, for whatever reason,

    the
    > Linksys tech assistance rep reconfigured my router to address 192.168.2.1

    > make it work. My old router address was 192.168.1.1, and now I cannot

    access
    > any of the shared files on my desktop. Nor can I figure out how to get

    rid
    > of the old invalid connections that I see in Windows explorer or how to
    > establish new ones. I have turned file sharing off and back on for

    selected

    Jack, Oct 31, 2005