    --
    Charles C. Shyu
    http://home.earthlink.net/~shyuc/shyu.html

    Charles C. Shyu, Feb 15, 2005

  2. Charles C. Shyu wrote:
    > Does anyone know how the new DVD released on 02/08/2005 compares to
    > the old Special Edition? Is there a new transfer or new extra
    > content? Basically I just want confirmation that the old version is
    > still the better version to have. TIA.

    If you are refering to the "Rocky Anthology" then I got bad news
    for you. Bad news as in the new boxset blows away the previous
    versions that have come out. The picture while isn't perfect is
    far better looking that the previous versions especially on "Rocky"
    itself. Well worth the money just for the improved picture. :)

    Brian The Demolition Man Little

    Brian The Demolition Man Little, Feb 16, 2005

  3. Hmm, interesting. It looks like the Anthology was later broken up into
    separate movies, as you can buy Rocky separately as seen here (which is the
    02/08/2005 DVD that I referred to):

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...ef=sr_1_26/102-3158193-5444929?v=glance&s=dvd

    Not necessarily bad news, as I always welcome improved transfers, but it
    does mean another episode of double dipping for me...

    Given that the new DVD has such an improved transfer, and that it's a
    significant title (um, Oscar winner?), it's surprising that my favorite DVD
    sites (Digital Bits, DVDFile) haven't reviewed it...

    Charles C. Shyu, Feb 16, 2005