New Revenge Of The Pink Panther - Music missing?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by PW, Apr 7, 2004.

  1. PW

    PW Guest

    Great. Now I have to hang on to my old copy of
    Revenge Of The Pink Panther.

    This is actually my favorite one out of all the
    Pink Panther movies, so when I bought the new
    DVD collection today, I watched this one first.

    There is the scene where Closeau tells Kato
    to "Warm up the Silver Hornet!", and the scene
    cuts to Clouseau's car driving off out of the
    driveway and falling apart.

    I always laughed at this scene because
    Mancini's musical score here adds to the humor
    by starting off "majestic" sounding and then just
    collapsing into noise, along with the car.

    On the new DVD this music is totally gone!
    Which to me totally ruins the humor in the scene.
    It is just not the same.
    What, did someone in remastering just decide to remove it?
    And I can't see this as being a rights issue.

    Glad I watched it before I got rid of my old copy
    at CD Warehouse....did anyone else notice this?
    And I wonder if any other of the DVDs contain missing music?

    Thanks!
    PW, Apr 7, 2004

  2. PW

    Wade365 Guest

    I'm deeply troubled... I loved those movies and I would hate to see Edwards'
    genius changed in any way no matter how slight. Mancini's music is critical to
    those movies.
    Wade365, Apr 7, 2004

  3. PW

    Jeffman Guest

    Any word on changes to others in the set.
    I would hate to sell my other copies and find things missing.

    Thanks!
    Jeffman
    Jeffman, Apr 8, 2004
  4. PW

    PW Guest

    OK, now I'm officially baffled.

    The music remains intact in the scene...
    if you switch over to the French or Spanish language tracks!

    It's just not present in the 5.1, or Dolby 2.0 tracks.

    Someone slipped up in mastering this disc!
    Guess I'll just hang on to my old copy...

    PW, Apr 9, 2004
  5. >OK, now I'm officially baffled.

    >The music remains intact in the scene...
    >if you switch over to the French or Spanish language tracks!
    >
    >It's just not present in the 5.1, or Dolby 2.0 tracks.
    >
    >Someone slipped up in mastering this disc!
    >Guess I'll just hang on to my old copy...

    Been following this thread with interest, as I haven't yet traded my individual
    MGM "Panther" DVDs for the new set... can you provide a time reference for the
    scene with the absent music?
    Stroke of Eight, Apr 10, 2004