New releases: Unleashed, Monster-In-Law and StewieGriffin: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB a

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Doug MacLean, Jul 5, 2005.

  1. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    Fox Television will release Family Guy Presents Stewie Griffin: The Untold
    Story! on September 27th. Included will be a secondary, unedited audio
    track. List price will be $29.98.

    New Line will release the Jennifer Lopez/Jane Fonda romantic comedy,
    Monster-In-Law on August 30th. The technical specifications include Dolby
    5.1 and anamorphic video. the retail price is set as $29.95.

    Universal has a number of titles set for release.
    August 23rd:
    Cape Fear (1991/ Movie-Only Edition)
    E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial (Single-Disc Edition/ Pan & Scan)
    E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial (Single-Disc Edition/ Widescreen)
    Monty Python's The Meaning Of Life (Universal/ Single-Disc Edition)

    August 30th:
    Bourne Identity (UMD)

    October 4th:
    Satan's Little Helper

    November 1st:
    Brat Pack Collection: The Breakfast Club / Sixteen Candles / Weird Science

    Warner Brothers will release Adventures Of Superman: The Complete 1st Season
    on October 18th, listing for $39.95.

    Coming soon from Brentwood, set for release on September 20th:
    Cantinflas Collection #06 - 10
    Dosha Yoga
    Gone In 60 Seconds (Collectors Edition)
    Gone In 60 Seconds (Director's Cut/ UMD)
    Holiday Family Collection: 4 Movie Classics
    Holiday Family Collection: 8 Television Classics
    King Of The Cage: Aftershock
    King Of The Cage: Unfinished Business
    Pride FC Legacy #2
    Pride FC: Body Blow
    Pride FC: Final Conflict 2004 (2-Disc)
    Rides: The Complete 2nd Season

    A.D.Vision has a blitz of releases just announced for release in August.
    Included are many anime titles.
    August 2nd:
    Chrono Crusade #7: Hellfire
    Najica Blitz Tactics #1 - 3: Complete Collection
    Sister Princess #7: Brother, Where Art Thou?

    August 9th:
    Farscape Season #1, Vol. #05 (Starburst Edition)
    Get Backers #8: Memories, Mementos & Monkeys
    Gilgamesh #2: Cage Without A Key
    Pretear #1 - 4: Complete Collection
    Saiyuki Double Barrel 4

    August 16th:
    Cromartie High School #4: Mount Rockmore!
    Gatchaman (A.D. Vision) #3 & 4: Collection
    Gatchaman (A.D. Vision) #3: Icebergs & Africa
    Gatchaman (A.D. Vision) #4: Speed Racers & Neon Giants
    Maburaho #3: The Witching Hour
    Madlax #3: The In Between

    August 23rd:
    DNAngel #7: The Light Breaks
    Final Fantasy Unlimited: Phase 1 - 7: Collection

    August 30th:
    New Fist Of The North Star #1 - 3
    Orphen Season 2 #1 - 6 Complete Collection

    Sony Pictures has a number of releases set for release on September 6th,
    included are a number of classic old westerns.
    3-Iron
    Ace In The Hole
    Battlefield Diaries (3-Disc Set)
    Boogeyman (1980/ Return Of The Boogeyman
    Cirque Du Soleil: Midnight Sun
    Giuseppe Verdi's Rigoletto Story
    Gunslinger's Revenge
    Last Frontier (1955)
    Lawless Street
    Longest Drive
    Man In The Saddle
    Marksman
    Nero
    Sante Fe
    Stephen King's Kingdom Hospital: The Beginning
    Stranger Wore A Gun
    Ten Wanted Men

    The latest Jet Li flick, Unleashed, will be released by Universal on October
    11th. There are three versions slated as of now, P&S R rated, Widescreen R
    rated and and unrated widescreen. Each version has both Dolby 5.1 and DTS
    audio and will list for $29.98.

    Warner Brothers has something for Ab Fab fans. Series sets are to be
    released on September 13th:
    Absolutely Fabulous: Absolutely Special
    Absolutely Fabulous: Series #1
    Absolutely Fabulous: Series #2
    Absolutely Fabulous: Series #3
    Absolutely Fabulous: Series #4
    Absolutely Fabulous: Series #5

    The WB also has the first four seasons of the Gilmore Girls ready for
    release on September 27th listing for $239.95.

    in several formats as well as daily changes. Currently the main database
    contains 67,033 titles. Changes and additions this week number 219 and there
    are 2,797 due to be released titles. Updated lists for discontinued,
    cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX
    and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and original release dates are included in
    the fields. There is also a comprehensive list of titles that were
    rescheduled or reissued. Search function for the database, (including UPC
    search) complements of site partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem
    http://www.dvdlist.kazart.com.

    Current previews include Dead Like Me: Season 2, Million Dollar Baby, Punk:
    Attitude, Admissions. Recent reviews include Admissions, Prozac Nation,
    Fantastic Four (1994 Animated), Outer Limits Collections The Sopranos:
    Season 5, The Aviator, Moonlighting: Seasons 1 & 2, Assult on Preccinct 13,
    Six Feet Under: Season 3, Kinsey Phantom of the Opera (2004), Blade Trinity,
    Book of Love (2004) and Meet the Fockers. Updates to the DVD database,
    including release specifications usually made twice daily.

    Please stop by and visit.
    Thank you.

    Doug MacLean

    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/

    Doug MacLean, Jul 5, 2005

  2. Doug MacLean

    FAQmeister Guest

    "Doug MacLean" <> wrote in message
    > New Line will release the Jennifer Lopez/Jane Fonda romantic comedy,
    > Monster-In-Law on August 30th. The technical specifications include
    > Dolby 5.1 and anamorphic video. the retail price is set as $29.95.

    And shortly after it's release, it'll set a new speed record for
    movement to Walmart's bargain bin.
    --
    The alt.video.dvd faq is located at:
    http://aww-faq.org/dvdfaq.html

    FAQmeister, Jul 5, 2005

  3. Doug MacLean

    Dennis M Guest

    Have you reported on the upcoming "ultimate" Wizard of Oz reissues from
    Warner Home Video yet? I just read in USA Today that they're planning a
    2-disc Special Edition with a new documentary, and a 3-disc Collectors
    Edition with a pre-'39 B&W version for Oct. 23. Both sets with new digital
    transfers of the main flick that let you see "a pimple on Judy Garland's
    face."

    Dennis M, Jul 9, 2005
  4. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    "Dennis M" <> wrote in message
    > Have you reported on the upcoming "ultimate" Wizard of Oz reissues from
    > Warner Home Video yet? I just read in USA Today that they're planning a
    > 2-disc Special Edition with a new documentary, and a 3-disc Collectors
    > Edition with a pre-'39 B&W version for Oct. 23. Both sets with new digital
    > transfers of the main flick that let you see "a pimple on Judy Garland's
    > face."

    Not yet, I haven't received the official announcement from Warner Brothers
    including the UPC and techincal specs yet. I'll be sure to contact the
    studio reps and include it as soon as possible. They have already announced
    the discontinuation of the previous WB releases of the title so it should be
    soon.

    Thank you for the reminder!!

    --
    Doug MacLean