New Releases: Touched by an Angel, Survior & Dr.Who: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Doug MacLean, Jun 8, 2004.

  1. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    On August 24th Lion's Gate will release the recent television disaster mini
    series 10.5. The specs are full screen and Dolby Surround audio with a list
    price of $19.98.

    Also from Lion's Gate on August 10th is Clifford's Puppy Days: Helping Paws
    / Puppy Playtime. Set for release on August 17th the have:
    Million To Juan
    Huck & The King Of Hearts
    Chopping Mall

    Paramount has set for a release on August 31st a couple of television season
    packs.
    Survivor: All-Stars - The Complete Season
    Touched By An Angel: The Complete First Season
    Listing for $49.98 each set
    I Love Lucy: The Complete Second Season
    Listing for $59.98

    Paramount also has ready for August 31st a mostly dramatic line up
    including:
    Desire Under The Elms
    Country Girl
    Come Back, Little Sheba
    Rose Tattoo
    Riding High
    Black Orchid
    Broadway Bill

    Finally for August 31st Paramount has also announced:
    Rugrats Holiday Celebration
    All Grown Up: Lucky 13
    Curious Buddies: Exploring At The Beach
    Curious Buddies: Helping At Home
    Dora The Explorer: Dora's Halloween
    South Park: The Passion Of The Jew / Christian Rock Hard / Red Hot Catholic
    Love

    Koch has a couple of World War II documentaries for release on September
    7th:
    Genocide
    They Looked Away

    They also have set for September 7th:
    Starship: In Concert
    Iron Butterfly: In Concert
    DC Video (Deluxe Edition)
    Jimi Hendrix: Jimi
    Jackie Gleason
    Liberation
    Mariza: Live In London
    Mark Farner & Grand Funk Railroad: In Concert

    Doctor Who fans can look forward to a couple of recent announcements from
    BBC Home Video.
    Doctor Who: Pyramids Of Mars
    Will be released on September 7th followed by
    Doctor Who: Earthshock
    The following week, Spetember 14th.

    BBC will also release on September 7th:
    All Creatures Great And Small: Series #4
    Are You Being Served? Again!
    Funny Ladies

    in several formats as well as daily changes. The official list now features
    44,147 titles with 155 additions or changes and 548 Pre-Release
    announcements. The All Titles list has 44,695 titles. Recent releases
    include: Last Week 424, This Week 234 and Next Week 229 titles.

    Previews of Blazing Saddes, Butterfly Effect, Six Feet Under Season 2, Dead
    Like Me Season 1, and Paycheck, Recent reviews include The Company ,
    Monster, Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, Great Escape, Smallville
    Season 2 Master & Commander: The Far Side of the World, Kill Bill Vol. 1,
    The Cooler, Girl with a Pearl Earring, Final Countdown, Freaks & Geeks,
    Schindler's List, House of Sand and Fog.Classic reviews: Them and Steambath,
    Coming titles listed before all the specs are in can be found in a the list,
    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/pre-releases.htm

    Updated lists for discontinued, cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles
    as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and
    original release dates now being added to the database. There is also a
    greatly expanded list of titles that were rescheduled or reissued. Search
    function for the database, (now including UPC search) complements of site
    partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem http://www.dvdlist.kazart.com and
    DVDLister.

    Updates to the DVD database, including release specs usually made twice
    daily.

    Please stop by and visit.
    Thank you.

    Doug MacLean
    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/
    Doug MacLean, Jun 8, 2004

  2. Doug MacLean

    Mister X Guest

    Re: New Releases: Touched by an Angel, Survior & Dr.Who -- Too much self-promotion

    "Doug MacLean" <> wrote in message
> [...]
    > World, Kill Bill Vol. 1, The Cooler, Girl with a Pearl Earring, Final
    > Countdown, Freaks & Geeks, Schindler's List, House of Sand and
    > Fog.Classic reviews: Them and Steambath, Coming titles listed before
    > all the specs are in can be found in a the list,
    > http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/pre-releases.htm
    >
    > Updated lists for discontinued, cancelled, postponed and rescheduled
    > titles as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX and Superbit titles. UPC
    > numbers and original release dates now being added to the database.
    > There is also a greatly expanded list of titles that were rescheduled
    > or reissued. Search function for the database, (now including UPC
    > search) complements of site partner and friend, Michael's Movie
    > Mayhem http://www.dvdlist.kazart.com and DVDLister.
    >
    > Updates to the DVD database, including release specs usually made

    This one at least has a couple of crumbs of useful info, but the
    self-promotion runs several paragraphs and should instead be limited to
    a 4 line or less sig.
    --
    Buford T. Justice
    Mister X, Jun 8, 2004