New releases: The Prisoner (40th Anniversary), V For Vendetta & Criterion: Updated complete download

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Doug MacLean, May 23, 2006.

  1. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    Anchor Bay has an eclectic group of releases, mostly for the younger set,
    coming up soon:
    August 8th:
    Toothfairy

    August 15th:
    Do You Like Hitchcock?
    Heart like A Wheel
    Masters Of Horror: Dario Argento: Jenifer
    Masters Of Horror: Dario Argento: Jenifer / John McNaughton: Haekel's Tale
    Masters Of Horror: John McNaughton: Haekel's Tale
    Thomas (The Tank Engine) & Friends: On Site With Thomas
    Thomas (The Tank Engine) & Friends: On Site With Thomas W/Toy
    Thomas (The Tank Engine) & Friends: Percy & The Dragon
    Thomas (The Tank Engine) & Friends: Percy & The Dragon W/Toy

    August 22nd:
    Satan's Playground

    August 29th:
    Aunt Rose
    Roseanne: Halloween Special
    Scary Godmother 2: Revenge Of Jimmy
    Thomas (The Tank Engine) & Friends: Thomas Halloween Adventures
    Thomas (The Tank Engine) & Friends: Thomas Halloween Adventures W/Toy

    Buena Vista has made a few announcements for the next few months:
    August 29th:
    Brother Bear 2

    September 5th:
    Escape To Witch Mountain (Special Edition) / Return From Witch Mountain
    (Special Edition)

    October 10th:
    Bad Santa (Director's Cut)

    November 14th:
    Disney's Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: Mickey Saves Santa And Other Mouseketales

    Columbia/Tri-Star has some more additions to their release list:
    July 25th:
    Benchwarmers
    Benchwarmers (Blu-ray)
    Benchwarmers / The Animal (2001/ Special Edition)
    Joe Dirt (Special Edition)

    August 1st:
    Alice In Wonderland (1985)
    Alice In Wonderland (1985) / Rodgers And Hammerstein's Cinderella
    Good Times (1974): The Complete 6th Season
    Hazel: The Complete 1st Season

    August 8th:
    Beautiful People: The Complete 1st Season
    Don't Come Knocking

    Some new faire from A&E Home Entertainment set for release on July 25th:
    D-Days In The Pacific
    Decoding The Past: Secrets Of The Koran
    Digging For The Truth: The Complete 1st Season
    Roald Dahl's The BFG: The Big Friendly Giant
    Vintage World Series Films Phillies

    Also from A&E on July 25th is The Prisoner (40th Anniversary Collector's
    Edition). The set will list for $139.95, extras announced so far include:
    Ultra-rare Original Footage of the 1966 Location Shooting, Accompanied by
    Commentary with Bernie Williams
    Bonus Program: The Prisoner Video Companion
    Rare, Alternate Version of the Episode "The Chimes of Big Ben"
    Rarely Seen "Foreign File Cabinet" Footage
    Rarely Seen "Textless" Intro & Outro
    Original Broadcast Trailers
    Original Series Promotional Trailer
    Galleries of Original Production and Promotional Materials
    Production Stills Galleries
    Interactive Map of the Village
    Prisoner Trivia

    Coming soon from BBC:
    August 15th:
    Charles Dickens Collection 2
    David Copperfield (1999)
    Dombey And Son
    Pickwick Papers

    September 5th:
    Charlie & Lola, Vol. 1
    Charlie & Lola, Vol. 2
    Doctor Who The Web Planet
    Doctor Who: Inferno

    September 19th:
    Miracles Of Jesus

    Just announced by Columbia/Tri-Star:
    Basic Instinct 2: Risk Addiction (R-Rated Version)
    Basic Instinct 2: Risk Addiction (Unrated Version)

    July 25th:
    Hudson Hawk (Special Edition)

    Additions to the Criterion Collection have been announced:
    August 15th:
    Six Moral Tales By Eric Rohmer

    August 22nd:
    Kicking And Screaming
    Seduced And Abandoned

    Lion's Gate will release on August 8th:
    Haunted Highway
    Ultimate Avengers 2

    June 6th will bring some releases from Magnolia Pictures:
    Bikini Destinations
    Bikini Destinations (HD-DVD)
    Bubble (2005/ Special Edition)
    Bubble (2005/ Special Edition/ HD-DVD)
    Enron: The Smartest Guys In The Room (HD-DVD)
    Enron: The Smartest Guys In The Room (Special Edition)
    One Last Thing (HD-DVD)
    One Last Thing (Special Edition/ Alternate UPC)
    Shuttle Discovery
    Shuttle Discovery (HD-DVD)
    War Within (Alternate UPC)
    War Within (HD-DVD)

    MGM/UA has made some additions to their list of August 1st releases:
    Alamo (1960)
    Battle Of Britain (1969)
    Benny & Joon (Special Edition)
    Birdcage
    Get Shorty
    Graduate (MGM/UA)
    Magnificent Seven (1960/ Special Edition)
    Quigley Down Under
    Secret Of NIMH
    Spaceballs (Special Edition)
    Thelma & Louise (Special Edition)
    This Is Spinal Tap (Special Edition)
    West Side Story (Movie-Only Edition)
    Yours, Mine And Ours (1968)

    Coming out care of Paramount:
    August 15th:
    Hogan's Heroes: The Complete 4th Season
    Larry The Cable Guy: Health Inspector

    August 29th:
    South Park: The Complete 8th Season

    Added to the release list by Universal:
    July 4th:
    Stoned (Unrated Version/ Alternate UPC)

    August 1st:
    Served: Forest Of The Dead

    August 22nd:
    Dog Whisperer, Vol. 3 (Episodes 9 - 11)
    Dog Whisperer, Vol. 4 (Episode 12 - 14)
    Dog Whisperer: More Stories From Cesar's Way
    Dog Whisperer: Focus Fears And Phobias

    August 29th:
    Karate Dog

    September 12th:
    Backdraft (Anniversary Edition)

    Warner Brothers has made a good sixe number of announcements:
    May 23rd:
    Full Metal Jacket (Warner Brothers/ HD-DVD)
    Unforgiven (1992/ HD-DVD)

    June 20th:
    Smallville: The Complete 1st Season / Lois & Clark / Adventures Of Superman:
    Season 1 Collection

    July 18th:
    The ATL (Pan & Scan)
    The ATL (Widescreen)

    August 1st:
    V For Vendetta (Pan & Scan)
    V For Vendetta (Widescreen)
    V For Vendetta (Widescreen/ Special Edition/ 2-Disc)

    August 15th:
    Full House: The Complete 1st - 4th Seasons

    August 29th:
    Looking For Comedy In The Muslim World
    Wayans Family Presents: Thugaboo Sneaker Madness

    September 5th:
    Flintstones: The Complete 1st - 6th Seasons
    Flintstones: The Complete 6th Season

    Please note: UMD refers to Universal Media Discs, a variation used by
    Playstation 2 devices.

    in several formats as well as daily changes. Currently the main database
    contains 86,276 titles. Changes and additions this week number 1,155 there
    are 2,459 due to be released titles. Updated lists for discontinued,
    cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX
    and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and original release dates are included in
    the fields. There is also a comprehensive list of titles that were
    rescheduled or reissued. Search function for the database, (including UPC
    search) complements of site partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem
    http://www.dvdlist.kazart.com.

    Current previews include: Ultraviolet and Underworld: Evolutioon. Recent
    reviews include the Deadwood Season 2, Dinosaurs, 4400 Season 2, MST3K: Vol.
    9, The Producers (2005), Something New, The Producers (2005), Aeon Flux,
    Hostel, Ellie Parker, Chronicals of Narnia, King Kong (2005), Six Feet Under
    S5, Huff Season 1 and Magnum: Season 4, Capote. Keane, Bukowski: Born into
    This, A History of Violence, Good Night, and Good Luck, Prime, Walk the Line
    and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Updates to the DVD database,
    including release specifications usually made twice daily.

    Please stop by and visit.
    Thank you.

    Doug MacLean

    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/

    Doug MacLean, May 23, 2006

  2. Doug MacLean

    karlpov Guest

    On Tue, 23 May 2006 01:50:11 -0400, "Doug MacLean" >June 20th:
    >Smallville: The Complete 1st Season / Lois & Clark / Adventures Of Superman:
    >Season 1 Collection

    That's Superboy, not Smallville.

    karlpov, Jun 17, 2006

  3. Doug MacLean

    jayembee Guest

    karlpov <> wrote:

    > On Tue, 23 May 2006 01:50:11 -0400, "Doug MacLean" >June 20th:
    >>Smallville: The Complete 1st Season / Lois & Clark / Adventures Of
    >>Superman: Season 1 Collection

    > That's Superboy, not Smallville.

    Actually, no. Doug was correct. While Warner was indeed releasing
    Season 1 of SUPERBOY this past week, the release mentioned here
    is a combo-package of the first seasons of SMALLVILLE, LOIS & CLARK
    and THE ADVS OF SUPERMAN.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Jun 26, 2006
  4. Doug MacLean

    Jordan Guest

    karlpov wrote:

    Sorry man, I'm replying to you because it says the original is too old
    and has been closed.

    > Also from A&E on July 25th is The Prisoner (40th Anniversary Collector's
    > Edition). The set will list for $139.95, extras announced so far include:
    > Ultra-rare Original Footage of the 1966 Location Shooting, Accompanied by
    > Commentary with Bernie Williams
    > Bonus Program: The Prisoner Video Companion
    > Rare, Alternate Version of the Episode "The Chimes of Big Ben"
    > Rarely Seen "Foreign File Cabinet" Footage
    > Rarely Seen "Textless" Intro & Outro
    > Original Broadcast Trailers
    > Original Series Promotional Trailer
    > Galleries of Original Production and Promotional Materials
    > Production Stills Galleries
    > Interactive Map of the Village
    > Prisoner Trivia

    Looks like this is 90% the same as the old A&E release.

    > August 1st:
    > V For Vendetta (Widescreen/ Special Edition/ 2-Disc)

    Heck yeah!

    > Please note: UMD refers to Universal Media Discs, a variation used by
    > Playstation 2 devices.

    UMD is the disc format for the hand-held PSP (Playstation Portable),
    they cannot currently be used on any other device, including the PS2.

    - Jordan

    Jordan, Jun 26, 2006