New Releases: Steve McQueen, Darkness & Final Conflict: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & in

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Doug MacLean, Feb 1, 2005.

  1. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    Due out fromA.D. Vision:
    February 1st:
    BeastMaster: Season 1, Vol. 2

    February 15th:
    Medabots #01: Transport Metabee! (Essential Anime)
    MegaMan #1: A Hero Is Born (Essential Anime)

    March 1st:
    BeastMaster: Season 1, Vol. 3
    BeastMaster: Season 1, Vol. 4
    Cheaters
    Getter Robo: Resurrection
    Yokai Monsters: Complete Collection

    March 8th:
    Eden's Bowy
    Neo Ranga #1: A God Is Risen (Essential Anime)

    March 15th:
    Gene Roddenberry's Earth: Final Conflict: Season 1, Vol. 1
    Gene Roddenberry's Earth: Final Conflict: Season 1, Vol. 2
    MegaMan #2: Battle For The Future (Essential Anime)
    Steam Detectives: Case 1 (Essential Anime)

    March 22nd:
    Burn Up Excess: Crimes & Missed Demeanors
    Zone Of The Enders: Countdown To Destiny

    March 29th:
    Dragon Blue
    Generator Gawl: Future Memory
    Medabots #03: Time To Robobattle! (Essential Anime)
    Reboot: The Viral Wars
    Shingu Secret Of The Stellar Wars #1
    Shingu Secret Of The Stellar Wars #1 (w/ Art Box)
    Street Fighter #2: Soul Powers (Essential Anime)
    Those Who Hunt Elves
    Weird-Ohs #2
    Wild Arms: The Good, The Bad & The Greedy

    Some titles, mostly horror, from Artisan are coming in April.
    April 5th:
    Dead Doll

    April 19th:
    Stephen King's Riding The Bullet

    April 26th:
    Black Gate
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Season 2

    Buena Vista will have two versions of Darkness set for release on April
    26th. Both will have Dolby 5.1 audio. There will be a P&S R rated version as
    well as an Unrated widescreen. Both will list for $29.99.

    Buena Vista also has some family faire due out soon.
    May 3rd:
    Heidi (1993)
    In Search Of The Castaways
    Summer Magic
    That Darn Cat!

    May 10th:
    Kim Possible Movie: So The Drama

    May 31st:
    Get A Clue (2002)
    Parent Trap (1998 / Special Edition)
    All are set to list for $19.98.

    Due for release from Columbia/Tri-Star on April 5th:
    Berenstain Bears: Bears Take A Car Trip
    Bonanza Town
    Desperadoes
    Dragon's World: A Fantasy Made Real
    Lust For Gold
    Professionals (Special Edition)
    Suburban Madness
    Texas (1941)
    Texican
    Violent Men

    MGM/UA has ready for release:
    Dance With Me, Henry
    Hour Of The Gun
    Hunting Party
    I'll Take Sweden
    Invitation To A Gunfighter
    More Dead Than Alive
    Princess And The Pirate
    Sam Whiskey
    Scalphunters
    Steve McQueen Collection: Great Escape / Junior Bonner / Magnificent Seven /
    Thomas Crown Affair
    The release date is May 17th.

    in several formats as well as daily changes. Currently the main database
    contains 58,171 titles. Changes and additions this week number 205 there are
    2,190 due to be released titles. Updated lists for discontinued, cancelled,
    postponed and rescheduled titles as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX and
    Superbit titles. UPC numbers and original release dates are included in the
    fields. There is also a comprehensive list of titles that were rescheduled
    or reissued. Search function for the database, (including UPC search)
    complements of site partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem
    http://www.dvdlist.kazart.com.

    Current previews include Greatest Amercain Hero, Deadwood, Saw, and the 5
    Browns. Recent reviews include Ray, Vanity Fair, Charmed: Season One, Sky
    Captain, Catwoman, Friday Night Lights, When will I be Loved , Farscape: The
    Peacekeer Wars, Ice Station Zebra, Mean Creek, First Daughter and Backbeat.
    Updates to the DVD database, including release specifications usually made
    twice daily.

    Please stop by and visit.
    Thank you.

    Doug MacLean
    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/
    Doug MacLean, Feb 1, 2005

  2. Doug MacLean

    MauiJNP Guest

    due out today....
    charmed season 1 dvd- bought it!
    wonderfalls complete series- yeah, bought it too

    MauiJNP, Feb 1, 2005

  3. Doug MacLean

    Dennis M Guest

    >Steve McQueen Collection: Great Escape / Junior Bonner / Magnificent
    >Seven / Thomas Crown Affair
    >The release date is May 17th.

    Wonder what's holding up Warners with The Cincinnati Kid? They could even
    get a nice little boost from the Ray Charles theme song with the current
    popularity of the Ray movie.
    Dennis M, Feb 6, 2005
  4. Doug MacLean

    jayembee Guest

    (Dennis M) wrote:

    >> Steve McQueen Collection: Great Escape / Junior Bonner / Magnificent
    >> Seven / Thomas Crown Affair
    >> The release date is May 17th.

    > Wonder what's holding up Warners with The Cincinnati Kid? They could even
    > get a nice little boost from the Ray Charles theme song with the current
    > popularity of the Ray movie.

    Warner doesn't own it. MGM distributed the film, but it was produced
    by Filmways. The Filmways catalog eventually ended up with Orion, and
    the Orion catalog ended up with MGM Home Entertainment, which is now
    owned by Sony.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Feb 7, 2005
  5. Doug MacLean

    Dennis M Guest

    In article <>, jayembee
    <> wrote:

    > (Dennis M) wrote:
    >
    >>> Steve McQueen Collection: Great Escape / Junior Bonner / Magnificent
    >>> Seven / Thomas Crown Affair
    >>> The release date is May 17th.

    >> Wonder what's holding up Warners with The Cincinnati Kid? They could even
    >> get a nice little boost from the Ray Charles theme song with the current
    >> popularity of the Ray movie.

    >Warner doesn't own it. MGM distributed the film, but it was produced
    >by Filmways. The Filmways catalog eventually ended up with Orion, and
    >the Orion catalog ended up with MGM Home Entertainment, which is now
    >owned by Sony.

    I was going by the description given for the VHS edition on Amazon.com's
    site. According to them Warner Home Video released it on June 24, 1992, so
    I assumed they still had the rights for a DVD.

    But as I look closer at the tiny image provided of the cover that does look
    like an MGM/UA logo, so Amazon could have screwed up (not that I can fault
    them with the history of ownership of MGM's library).

    At any rate, Sony should get off their ass then because TCK is probably my
    favorite McQueen movie.
    Dennis M, Feb 7, 2005