New Releases: Spider-Man 2, Fox 3 Packs: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Doug MacLean, Aug 27, 2004.

  1. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    Set for release on August 31st form Music Video Distributors:
    Ahi Viene Veronica
    Antonio Aguilar 4 Movie Feature
    Barrio Murders (Spanish Dub)
    Black Belt Theatre Box Set, Volume 1
    Cavalier
    Condena Para Un Illegal
    Eastern Heroes Collection
    El Corrido Del Bato Loco
    Escuadron De La Muerte
    Flaming Swords
    Invincible Super Chan
    Miseria Maldita

    Fox will release some three film packs on December 7th. Most are genre
    oriented. There is some overlap in the sets, some films are featured in more
    than one three pack.
    Action Pack A (3 Pack) Never Die Alone / Transporter / Kiss Of The Dragon
    Action Pack B (3 Pack) Daredevil / Phone Booth / Order
    Cinematography Pack (3 Pack) Master & Commander / Last Of The Mohicans /
    Cast Away
    Comedy Pack A (3 Pack) Club Dread-Rated / Super Troopers / Kung Pow-Enter
    The Fist"
    Comedy Pack B (3 Pack) Office Space / Dude Where's My Car / Just Married
    Drama & Action Pack (3 Pack) Runaway Jury / Antwone Fisher / High Crimes
    Family & Comedy Pack A (3 Pack) Welcome To Mooseport / Catch That Kid /
    Jingle All The Way
    Family Comedy Pack B (3 Pack) Welcome To Mooseport / Mrs. Doubtfire / Joe
    Somebody
    Family Pack (3 Pack) Garfield As Himself / Ice Age / Home Alone
    Farelly Bros (3 Pack) Stuck On You / There's Something About Mary / Shallow
    Hal
    Female Comedy Pack (3 Pack) Le Divorce / Bend It Like Beckham / Banger
    Sisters
    Horror Pack (3 Pack) 28 Days Later / Wrong Turn / Joy Ride
    Superheroes Pack (3 Pack) League Of Extraordinary Gentleman / X-Men /
    Daredevil
    Teen Pack (3 Pack) Bend It Like Beckham / Drumline / Like Mike
    War Pack (3 Pack) Master & Commander / Antwone Fisher / Behind Enemy Lines
    Each set will retail for $39.95 and have the same specifications as the
    original individual releases.

    Fox has some of their family oriented flicks as well as some other of their
    titles set for release on December 14th:
    Man Trouble
    Jack The Bear
    Epoch: Evolution
    Dragon Storm
    Curse Of The Komodo
    Beverly Hillbillies
    Each will list for $9.98.

    Columbia/TriStar has several discs due out on November 2nd:
    Facing Windows
    Renegade
    More The Merrier
    California Split
    Cirque Du Soleil: La Nouba
    Cirque Du Soleil: Fire Within / Varekai (2 Pack)
    Cirque Du Soleil: Fire Within
    Philadelphia (Anniversary Edition)

    New Line will release a couple of cult classics on November 2nd:
    Rapture
    Even Cowgirls Get The Blues
    Each will retail for $19.97

    Columbia/TriStar is gearing up for a big push for the DVD release of
    Spider-Man 2. There will be various ways to get this film.
    Packaged with Spider-Man:
    Spider-Man / Spider-Man 2 (Pan & Scan 2 Pack) ($39.95)
    Spider-Man / Spider-Man 2 (Widescreen 2 Pack) ($39.95)

    Superbit:
    Spider-Man-2 (Superbit) ($39.95)

    Special Editions:
    Spider-Man 2: 2 Disc Special Edition (Pan & Scan) ($29.95)
    Spider-Man 2: 2 Disc Special Edition (Widescreen) ($29.95)

    Deluxe Gift Pack:
    Spider-Man 2: 2 Disc Special Edition (Widescreen) ($49.95)

    The special editions will contain the following extras:
    Three featurettes
    Hero in Crisis,
    Eight Arms to Hold You
    The Women of Spider-Man
    Making the Amazing
    Spidey Sense Triva Subtitle mode
    Train's Ordinary music video
    Enter the Web Multiangle Pier Scene
    Commentary with Sam Raimi, producer Avi Arad, co-producer Grant Curtis and
    star Tobey Maguire
    Commentary with FX supervisor John Dykstra and his effects team

    In addition, the Gift set has:
    Reproduction of Spider-Man #50 Spider-Man No More
    25-page portfolio of artwork from numerous comic book artists
    Set of 5 collector's cards

    The widescreen Editions will feature Dolby 5.1 audio and 2.40:1 video.

    in several formats as well as daily changes. Currently the main database
    contains 48,666 titles. Changes and additions this week number 846 and there
    are 2,954 due to be released titles. Updated lists for discontinued,
    cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX
    and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and original release dates are included in
    the fields. There is also a comprehensive list of titles that were
    rescheduled or reissued. Search function for the database, (including UPC
    search) complements of site partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem
    http://www.dvdlist.kazart.com.

    Current previews include THX-1138, The Punisher and Videodrome. Recent
    reviews include Girl Next Door Unrated, Gia Unrated, Duel, Sugarland
    Express, Goodfellas, Godsend, Kill Bill Volume 2, Predator, Sliders: Seasons
    1 & 2, Knight Rider Season 1, Hellboy, The Apprentice, Night Gallery and
    The Dreamers. Updates to the DVD database, including release specifications
    usually made twice daily.

    Please stop by and visit.
    Thank you.

    Doug MacLean
    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/
    Doug MacLean, Aug 27, 2004

  2. Doug MacLean

    Dick Sidbury Guest

    Re: New Releases: Spider-Man 2, Fox 3 Packs: Updated complete downloadableR1 DVD DB & info lists

    Doug MacLean wrote:
    > Superbit:
    > Spider-Man-2 (Superbit) ($39.95)

    does the superbit version have any extras?

    dick
    Dick Sidbury, Aug 27, 2004

  3. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    "Dick Sidbury" <> wrote in message
    > Doug MacLean wrote:
    > > Superbit:
    > > Spider-Man-2 (Superbit) ($39.95)
    > >

    > does the superbit version have any extras?
    >
    > dick

    There where none listed in the announcement and when I asked the rep she
    stated that the extras where only confirmed for the special editions. Of
    course, the studios have the habit of changing things rapidly for high
    profile titles like this.

    --

    Doug MacLean
    Home Theater Info
    Doug MacLean, Aug 27, 2004
  4. Doug MacLean

    TSKO Guest

    "Doug MacLean" <> wrote in message
    > "Dick Sidbury" <> wrote in message
    >> Doug MacLean wrote:
    >> > Superbit:
    >> > Spider-Man-2 (Superbit) ($39.95)
    >> >

    >> does the superbit version have any extras?
    >>
    >> dick

    > There where none listed in the announcement and when I asked the rep she
    > stated that the extras where only confirmed for the special editions. Of
    > course, the studios have the habit of changing things rapidly for high
    > profile titles like this.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Doug MacLean
    > Home Theater Info
    > http://www.hometheaterinfo.com
    > home of the web's most complete and frequently updated downloadable list
    > of all region one DVDs including out of print, future and current
    > releases,
    > DVD Reviews and Home Theater Advice

    Do Superbit titles EVER have any extras?? I was under the impression they
    never did.
    TSKO, Aug 27, 2004
  5. Doug MacLean

    TSKO wrote:

    > Do Superbit titles EVER have any extras?? I was under the impression they
    > never did.

    Some two disk sets do -- charlie's angels for example.

    dick
    --maybe others
    Dick Sidbury, Aug 28, 2004
  6. Doug MacLean

    Mark Jones Guest

    > Superbit:
    > Spider-Man-2 (Superbit) ($39.95)

    For this much money, this needs to be a 2 disk set with extras
    on the 2nd DVD.
    Mark Jones, Aug 28, 2004