New Releases: Sky Captain, Half Baked & Miami Vice: Updated complete downloadable DVD R1 DVD DB & in

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Doug MacLean, Nov 12, 2004.

  1. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    Sky Captain And The World Of Tomorrow will be released on February 1st by
    Paramount. There will be separate P&S and widescreen releases, each listing
    for $29.98. Both will have Dolby 5.1 audio. Extras include:
    5 Featurettes Include Background on: The film's groundbreaking special
    effects
    The vision behind the film's animation
    A front row seat at the original short that catapulted Sky Captain into a
    major motion picture
    Deleted Scenes
    Gag Reel

    Paramount also has Jamie Kennedy Experiment: Season #3 set for release on
    January 25th retailing for $39.99. They also have the three season box set
    for $99.98 on the same date.

    MacGyver: Complete Season 1 will be released by Paramount on January 25th
    with a list price of $39.95.

    On February 1st Paramount has Charmed: Complete Season 1. Retail price is
    $49.95.

    Paramount has Cheers: The Complete 4th Season ready for sale on February
    1st. It will list for $39.95. On that date they also have the first four
    season box set for $159.95.

    For more golden age television Paramount will release I Love Lucy: The
    Complete 3rd Season on February 1st for $59.95.

    From Music Video Distributors:
    January 11th:
    Inside Black Sabbath: 1970-1992
    Inside Emerson Lake & Palmer: 1970-1995
    Mostly Autumn: The V Shows
    Shadow Dancers #1: Let's Get This Party Started

    January 25th:
    Outkast: Dare To Be Different
    Pietasters: Live At the 9:30 Club
    Street Dog
    Tension And Release: Springin The Blues

    Feburary 1st:
    Inside Led Zeppelin: 1968-1972

    Universal will release Half Baked on February 15th. They will have separate
    P&S and Widescreen releases, both with Dolby 5.1 audio. Each list for
    $19.98. The extras include:
    10 Deleted Scenes
    Alternate Ending
    Five Minutes With the Guy On the Couch
    Different Types of Smokers Featurette
    Granny's Guide to Bakin'
    Feature Commentary with Director Tamra Davis

    Football flick Friday Nights will be released by Universal on January 18th.
    Again, separate P&S and Widescreen releases with Dolby 5.1 audio listing for
    $29.98. Extras include:
    Deleted Scenes
    Tim McGraw: Off the Stage-The country music star's transition to the silver
    screen.
    Player Cam: Experience first hand all the action that ensues when 40
    actors/athletes live and work together for six wild weeks.
    Real Life, Real Games, Real People: Experience the real Permian High players
    and fans

    Also from Universal set for release on March 15th:
    Yanks
    White Palace
    Paradise Alley
    Ghost Dad
    D. C. Cab
    Each will retail for $9.99.

    Universal has Orgazmo back on the pending list. The new street date is
    February 15th listing for $19.98.

    Miami Vice: Complete Season One will be released by Universal on February
    8th. The tech specs are Dolby 5.1 audio and full screen and will include all
    21 episodes and the two hour pilot. Extras are:
    5 behind-the-scenes featurettes
    Series Introduction from Michael Mann
    The Vibe of Vice, Back-Story: Miami Vice
    The Fashion
    Original music

    in several formats as well as daily changes. Currently the main database
    contains 53,697 titles. Changes and additions this week number 1,455 and
    there are 2,370 due to be released titles. Updated lists for discontinued,
    cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX
    and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and original release dates are included in
    the fields. There is also a comprehensive list of titles that were
    rescheduled or reissued. Search function for the database, (including UPC
    search) complements of site partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem
    http://www.dvdlist.kazart.com.

    Current previews include Spider-Man 2, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of
    Askaban Recent reviews include Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Dazed and
    Confused, Day After Tomorrow, Star Wars Trilogy, THX-1138, Videodrome,
    Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind, Saved!, 5ive Days to Midnight, The
    Punisher, Magnum Season 1, Columbo Season 1, American Dreams Season 1, Duel,
    Sugarland Express, Kill Bill Volume 2, Marx Brothers Collection, W.C. Fields
    Collection. Updates to the DVD database, including release
    specifications usually made twice daily.

    Please stop by and visit.
    Thank you.

    Doug MacLean
    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/

    Doug MacLean, Nov 12, 2004

  2. Doug MacLean

    Bob Flaminio Guest

    Doug MacLean wrote:
    > Miami Vice: Complete Season One will be released by Universal on
    > February 8th.

    Cool. The conventional wisdom was that Miami Vice as a season set would
    never show up on DVD because the licensing for the music would be
    prohibitively expensive.

    Waitaminute -- I notice you didn't list a price for this one. Uh-oh...

    --
    Bob

    Bob Flaminio, Nov 12, 2004

  3. Doug MacLean

    kaydigi Guest

    "Bob Flaminio" <> wrote in message
    > Doug MacLean wrote:
    > > Miami Vice: Complete Season One will be released by Universal on
    > > February 8th.

    > Cool. The conventional wisdom was that Miami Vice as a season set would
    > never show up on DVD because the licensing for the music would be
    > prohibitively expensive.
    >
    > Waitaminute -- I notice you didn't list a price for this one. Uh-oh...
    >
    > --
    > Bob

    $41.99

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...75032/sr=11-1/ref=sr_11_1/104-2630383-8716753

    kaydigi, Nov 12, 2004
  4. Doug MacLean

    TMA Guest

    > On February 1st Paramount has Charmed: Complete Season 1. Retail price is
    > $49.95.

    About damn time. Finally, my friends can stop asking me when it comes out.

    TMA, Nov 12, 2004
  5. Doug MacLean

    jayembee Guest

    "Bob Flaminio" <> wrote:

    > Cool. The conventional wisdom was that Miami Vice as a
    > season set would never show up on DVD because the licensing
    > for the music would be prohibitively expensive.
    >
    > Waitaminute -- I notice you didn't list a price for this
    > one. Uh-oh...

    Like most of Universal's TV season sets, the MSRP is $59.98.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Nov 12, 2004
  6. Doug MacLean wrote:
    > Also from Universal set for release on March 15th:
    > Ghost Dad

    I believe Image had previously released this with a P&S
    transfer. According to Univeral Home Video's website
    it will be 2.35:1 Anamorphic Widescreen. Most certainly
    looking forward to this. Campy fun movie, certainly worth
    buying for some cheap laughs. :)

    Brian The Demolition Man Little

    Brian The Demolition Man Little, Nov 13, 2004
  7. Doug MacLean

    Digital Dude Guest

    Re: New Releases: Sky Captain, Half Baked & Miami Vice: Updated completedownloadable DVD R1 DVD DB & info lists

    kaydigi wrote:
    > "Bob Flaminio" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Doug MacLean wrote:
    >>
    >>>Miami Vice: Complete Season One will be released by Universal on
    >>>February 8th.

    >>Cool. The conventional wisdom was that Miami Vice as a season set would
    >>never show up on DVD because the licensing for the music would be
    >>prohibitively expensive.
    >>
    >>Waitaminute -- I notice you didn't list a price for this one. Uh-oh...
    >>
    >>--
    >>Bob

    > $41.99
    >
    > http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...75032/sr=11-1/ref=sr_11_1/104-2630383-8716753

    Yes! Miami Vice rules!

    Digital Dude, Nov 13, 2004
  8. Doug MacLean

    ArchieLeach Guest

    "Doug MacLean" <> wrote in

    > Miami Vice: Complete Season One will be released by Universal on
    > February 8th. The tech specs are Dolby 5.1 audio and full screen and
    > will include all 21 episodes and the two hour pilot. Extras are:
    > 5 behind-the-scenes featurettes
    > Series Introduction from Michael Mann
    > The Vibe of Vice, Back-Story: Miami Vice
    > The Fashion
    > Original music

    And there was much rejoicing :). Nice to see someone finally get it
    right as far as original music and including the pilot (which was
    previously a standalone R2 release). After all it was Universal that
    gave us "copy-band" versions of Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, etc.
    and then rereleased them in their proper form. Fortunately they didn't
    have the licensing issues that kept the Twin Peaks pilot out of the
    Republic/Artisan boxset of that show's first season.

    ArchieLeach, Nov 13, 2004
  9. Doug MacLean

    ArchieLeach Guest

    "kaydigi" <> wrote in

    > "Bob Flaminio" <> wrote in message
    >> Doug MacLean wrote:
    >> > Miami Vice: Complete Season One will be released by Universal on
    >> > February 8th.

    >> Cool. The conventional wisdom was that Miami Vice as a season set would
    >> never show up on DVD because the licensing for the music would be
    >> prohibitively expensive.
    >>
    >> Waitaminute -- I notice you didn't list a price for this one. Uh-oh...
    >>
    >> --
    >> Bob

    > $41.99

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005JLEY/qid=1100275032/sr=11
    -1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/104-2630383-8716753

    Hmmm... this says THREE discs. That's gotta be a mistake - how're they
    gonna get 21 regular eps, the pilot, and all those extras on 3 discs?

    ArchieLeach, Nov 13, 2004
  10. Doug MacLean

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "ArchieLeach" <> wrote in message
    > http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005JLEY/qid=1100275032/sr=11
    > -1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/104-2630383-8716753
    >
    > Hmmm... this says THREE discs. That's gotta be a mistake - how're
    > they
    > gonna get 21 regular eps, the pilot, and all those extras on 3 discs?

    Double sided.

    Joshua Zyber, Nov 13, 2004
  11. Doug MacLean

    JF Sebastian Guest

    ArchieLeach wrote:
    > Hmmm... this says THREE discs. That's gotta be a mistake - how're they
    > gonna get 21 regular eps, the pilot, and all those extras on 3 discs?

    As a rule of thumb, count about 4 episodes per double-layered side,
    makes about 7 to 8 per double-sided disc.

    JF Sebastian, Nov 14, 2004
  12. Doug MacLean

    Jordan Lund Guest

    "Doug MacLean" <> wrote in message news:<Zo1ld.67106$>...

    > MacGyver: Complete Season 1 will be released by Paramount on January 25th
    > with a list price of $39.95.

    "And Patty and Selma were never heard from again..." :^)

    - Jordan

    Jordan Lund, Nov 16, 2004