New Releases: Schindler's List, The Front, 10 Commandments: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Doug MacLean, Dec 11, 2003.

  1. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    The long wait for many is soon to be over. Schindler's List will be released
    on March 9th by Universal. Most of the details are still forthcoming but so
    far it looks like there are three versions planned, anamorphic 1.85:1, pan &
    scan and a deluxe version. The two regular versions will retail for $26.95
    while the deluxe will list at $79.99. Audio looks like Dolby 5.1 no extras
    have been formally announced yet. Just as a point of information, the retail
    sites that are taking orders right now typically have the UPC for these
    titles wrong, they do not pass the checksum test. The correct UPCs are
    Widescreen: 025192386626, P&S: 025192115226 and Deluxe: 025192423628.

    Columbia/Tri-Star will release the Front, a film staring Woody Allen
    concerning the infamous 1950's Communist black list in Hollywood. The
    release date is set for February 17th with a list of $24.95. Specs are
    stereo audio and anamorphic video.

    A&E will release several titles on February 24th including; Randall And
    Hopkirk (Deceased) (1969), Agatha Christie Megaset Collection (includes 13
    two hour movies for $139.98) and Barbarians.

    A few titles are being released by Fox Lorber on March 16th. Dangerous
    Liaisons (Les Liaisons Dangereuses), at least the fifth treatment of this
    book will be released as a regular edition featuring 2.0 audio and
    anamorphic video for $29.95. There is also listed Dangerous Liaisons (Les
    Liaisons Dangereuses) (Extended French Language) for $49.95 which has Dolby
    5.1 listed as the audio format. Still awaiting confirmation on the different
    audio formats. Also on that date is Dream Catcher (1999), Firefly Dreams and
    Under The Skin Of The City.

    New video has two documentaries set for release on February 24th, Death: A
    Love Story and It Was A Wonderful Life both listing at $24.95.

    Official confirmation of status change has been received for several titles.
    Discontinued by Columbia are: Arnold Schwarzenneger 2-Pack: 6th Day (Special
    Edition) / Last Action Hero, Basic / Formula 51 / A Few Good Men (3-Pack),
    Few Good Men (Special Edition) / Easy Rider (Special Edition) / As Good As
    It Gets, National Security 3-Pack: National Security / Money Train / Blue
    Streak and Stuart Little / Stuart Little 2 / Trumpet Of The Swan. MGM has
    discontinued Producers (MGM/UA/ Special Edition). Fox has discontinued Big
    Momma's House (Widescreen) / Me, Myself And Irene (Special Edition). Looks
    like some of those multi-packs are going out of print. Warner has added
    Wizard Of Oz (Deluxe Edition) to the list. As with all out of print titles
    please check the rescheduled list for possible replacement versions.

    Columbia/TriStar will release 'Masked And Anonymous' and 'Mambo Italiano' on
    Febraury 17th. Both are listed as having Dolby 5.1 audio and anamorphic
    video. Also on that are are Nina Takes A Lover and Under Pressure.

    Paramount has Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star due for release on February
    17th. There will be both a P&S and an anamorphic widescreen version
    released. According to the initial announcement the audio will be two
    channel Dolby surround. The announced extras include Commentary tracks by
    director Sam Weisman, writer/actor David Spade and Fred Wolf; 4 Featurettes;
    9 Deleted scenes; "Child Stars On Your Television" music video. Retail price
    was given as $29.95.

    Also from Paramount on that date are We're No Angels and Permanent Record.
    Both are slated for anamorphic video and will retail for $14.98.

    On March 9th Paramount has announced the release of Ten Commandments:
    Special Collector's Edition. Extras are listed as including Commentary by
    Katherine Orrison, the author of "Written In Stone-The Making Of The Ten
    Commandments"; 6-Part Documentary; Trailers 1956 "Making Of" Trailer; 1966
    Trailer; 1989 Trailer. As for the technical specifications, it looks like
    the anamorphic 1.85:1 version rather than the previously released 1.66:1.
    The audio is listed in the initial announcement as Dolby 5.1. The suggested
    list price is $19.99. Also on March 9th Paramount will release Brother Sun,
    Sister Moon in anamorphic video and mono audio.

    in several formats as well as daily changes. The official list now features
    35,327 titles with 243 additions or changes and 220 Pre-Release
    announcements. The All Titles list has 35,547 titles. Recent releases
    include: Last Week 268, This Week 232 and Next Week 389 titles.

    Previews of X2: X-Men United, Two Towers Extended Reviews of Hulk, Indy
    Collection, Taken, Sopranos Season 4, Matrix Reloaded, Avril Lavigne: My
    World Scarface(1983), Scarface (1932), Smallville, In Cold Blood, Kiss
    Symphony, The Two Towers, Chicago and All That Jazz. Past film reviews
    include Steve O Out on Bail, May, Phone Booth, 12 Angry Men (1957), Them,
    Usual Suspects and Gormenghast . Coming titles listed before all the specs
    are in can be found in a new list,
    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/pre-releases.htm

    Updated lists for discontinued, cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles
    as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and
    original release dates now being added to the database. There is also a
    greatly expanded list of titles that were rescheduled or reissued. Search
    function for the database, (now including UPC search) complements of site
    partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem
    (http://kazart.com/mec/DVDList2.html) and DVDLister.

    Updates to the DVD database, including release specs usually made twice
    daily.

    Please stop by and visit.
    Thank you.
    --
    Doug MacLean
    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com

    Doug MacLean, Dec 11, 2003

  2. Doug MacLean

    Mr. Moody Guest

    Mr. Moody, Dec 13, 2003

  3. Doug MacLean

    Black Locust Guest

    Re: New Releases: Schindler's List

    In article <>,
    Mr. Moody <> wrote:

    > Schindler's List has recently disappeared from preorder lists again, grumble
    > grumble. I think Stevie was just teasing us.

    I doubt it. There's an ad for it on the Seabiscuit DVD.

    --
    BL

    Black Locust, Dec 13, 2003