New Releases: ROTK-X, Fox 2-Packs & Criterion: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Doug MacLean, Oct 5, 2004.

  1. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    While the release date has been known for sometime, the official UPCs have
    been announced by New Line for the December 14th release of the extended
    version of Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. Similar to the last two
    releases there will be both a gift set and a regular release. The gift set
    retails for $79.95 with $39.95 set for the list price of the regular
    edition. You can also get the three pack of all extended editions for
    $199.99. The extras where announced as including:
    50 Minutes of New and Extended Scenes Added by Director Peter Jackson
    New Score by Howard Shore
    Over 300 New Digital Effects.
    Commentaries
    Documentaries
    Interactive Maps
    Featuring In-Depth Interviews with the Cast and Crew
    Behind the Scenes Footage Captured During Filming, at Weta Workshop
    Production Meetings and at the Film's Premieres Around the World

    The Gift set also includes:
    Minas Tirith Polystone 2 piece statue signed by director Peter Jackson.
    Exclusive Bonus DVD: Creating The Lord Of The Rings Symphony by Howard
    Shore: 52 minute program featuring Academy Award winning composer Howard
    Shore conducting the Montreal Symphony Orchestra

    It also looks like the Two Towers Extended edition gift set will be
    discontinued shortly.

    Fox has a number of two film box sets set for release on December 28th. All
    the technical specifications are identical to the original single film
    releases. Included are:
    Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story (Special Edition/ Widescreen) / Stuck On
    You (Widescreen) (Back-To-Back)
    Garfield: The Movie / Garfield As Himself (Back-To-Back)
    Garfield: The Movie / Cheaper By The Dozen (2003) (Back-To-Back)
    Day After Tomorrow (Special Edition/ Widescreen) / X2: X-Men United
    (Widescreen) (Back-To-Back)
    Day After Tomorrow (Special Edition/ Widescreen) / Master And Commander: The
    Far Side Of The World (Widescreen) (Back-To-Back)
    Day After Tomorrow (Special Edition/ Widescreen) / Independence Day (1-Disc
    Special Edition/ Widescreen) (Back-To-Back)
    Garfield: The Movie / Ice Age (Special Edition) (Back-To-Back)
    Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story (Special Edition/ Widescreen) / Super
    Troopers (Special Edition) (Back-To-Back)
    Man On Fire (Special Edition) / Antwone Fisher (Special Edition/ Widescreen)
    (Back-To-Back)
    Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story (Special Edition/ Widescreen) / Office
    Space (Widescreen) (Back-To-Back)
    Garden State (Special Edition)
    Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story (Special Edition/ Widescreen) / There's
    Something About Mary (Collector's Ed.) (Back-To-Back)
    Garfield: The Movie / Ice Age (Special Edition) (Side-By-Side)
    Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story (Special Edition/ Widescreen) / Office
    Space (Widescreen) (Side-By-Side)
    Man On Fire (Special Edition) / Transporter (Special Edition) (Side-By-Side)
    Garfield: The Movie / Cheaper By The Dozen (2003) (Side-By-Side)
    Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story (Special Edition/ Widescreen) / There's
    Something About Mary (Collector's Ed.) (Side-By-Side)
    Man On Fire (Special Edition) / Antwone Fisher (Special Edition/ Widescreen)
    (Side-By-Side)
    Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story (Special Edition/ Widescreen) / Stuck On
    You (Widescreen) (Side-By-Side)
    Day After Tomorrow (Special Edition/ Widescreen) / X2: X-Men United
    (Widescreen) (Side-By-Side)
    Garfield: The Movie / Home Alone (Back-To-Back)
    Man On Fire (Special Edition) / The Siege (Side-By-Side)
    Day After Tomorrow (Special Edition/ Widescreen) / Master And Commander: The
    Far Side Of The World (Widescreen) (Side-By-Side)
    Garfield: The Movie / Garfield As Himself (Side-By-Side)
    Day After Tomorrow (Special Edition/ Widescreen) / Independence Day (1-Disc
    Special Edition/ Widescreen) (Side-By-Side)
    Man On Fire (Special Edition) / Courage Under Fire (Special Edition)
    (Side-By-Side)
    Garfield: The Movie / Home Alone (Side-By-Side)
    Man On Fire (Special Edition) / Transporter (Special Edition) (Back-To-Back)
    Man On Fire (Special Edition) / The Siege (Back-To-Back)
    Man On Fire (Special Edition) / Courage Under Fire (Special Edition)
    (Back-To-Back)
    Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story (Special Edition/ Widescreen) / Super
    Troopers (Special Edition) (Side-By-Side)
    Each set will retail for $39.98.

    BMG Music will release Britney Spears: Greatest Hits: My Prerogative on
    November 9th listing for $19.98.

    Sony Music has somethig for Harry Connick fans. On October 19th they have:
    Harry Connick, Jr.: Harry For the Holidays
    Harry Connick, Jr.: Harry For the Holidays (DVD/CD Combo)
    Harry Connick, Jr.: Harry For the Holidays (DVD/CD Combo/ Jewel Case)
    Harry Connick, Jr.: Only You: In Concert (DVD/CD Combo)
    Harry Connick, Jr.: Only You: In Concert (DVD/CD Combo/ Jewel Case)
    List price for each is $21.98.

    Goldhil Home Video has some instructional DVDs for the musician in you.
    Play Guitar Overnight: Basics
    Play Guitar Overnight: Rock
    Play Harmonica Overnight
    Play Harmonica Overnight (with/ Harmonica)
    Play Piano Overnight
    Play Piano Overnight: The Blues
    Each disc will have a suggested price of $24.95.

    MGM/UA has some $14.98 flick set for release on January 25th:
    Fall (1997)
    Jeremy
    Nobody's Fool (1986)
    Paperback Romance
    Anna Lucasta

    They also has the television movie on the life of Martin Luther King, King,
    set for release on January 11th.

    Criterion will release King Of Kings on December 7th. The initial
    specifications indicate Dolby 5.1 audio and anamorphic 2.35:1 video listing
    for $39.95. The have also announced a couple of titles that are now
    discontinued:
    Blood For Dracula (Special Edition)
    Flesh For Frankenstein (Special Edition)

    Home Vision has announced for release on December 21st:
    Hester Street
    Mikey And Nicky
    Both will list for $29.95.

    On November 9th Warner Brothers will release Before Sunrise / Before Sunset
    listing for $35.98.

    Publishers Group West has several DVDs due on January 4th for the arm chair
    travelers, each listing for $19.95:
    Rick Steves' Europe: Britain
    Rick Steves' Europe: Eastern Europe
    Rick Steves' Europe: France And Benelux
    Rick Steves' Europe: Germany, Swiss Alps And Travel Skills (2005)
    Rick Steves' Europe: Ireland
    Rick Steves' Europe: Italy (2005)
    Rick Steves' Europe: Spain And Portugal

    in several formats as well as daily changes. Currently the main database
    contains 51,030 titles. Changes and additions this week number 402 and there
    are 2,511 due to be released titles. Updated lists for discontinued,
    cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX
    and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and original release dates are included in
    the fields. There is also a comprehensive list of titles that were
    rescheduled or reissued. Search function for the database, (including UPC
    search) complements of site partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem
    http://www.dvdlist.kazart.com.

    Current previews include Day After Tomorrow. Recent reviews include Star
    Wars Trilogy, THX-1138, Videodrome, Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind,
    Saved!, I Wanna Hold your Hand, The Punisher, Magnum Season 1, Columbo
    Season 1, American Dreams Season 1, Duel, Sugarland Express, Goodfellas,
    Kill Bill Volume 2, Predator, Law & Order S14, Law & Order SVU 5, Law &
    Order CI S3, I Married a Monster from Outer Space and Night Gallery.
    Updates to the DVD database, including release specifications usually made
    twice daily.

    Please stop by and visit.
    Thank you.

    Doug MacLean
    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/

    Doug MacLean, Oct 5, 2004

  2. Doug MacLean

    jayembee Guest

    "Doug MacLean" <> wrote:

    > Criterion will release King Of Kings on December 7th. The initial
    > specifications indicate Dolby 5.1 audio and anamorphic 2.35:1 video listing
    > for $39.95.

    Someone's confused. The version of KING OF KINGS that Criterion's
    releasing in December is DeMille's 1927 version.

    http://www.criterionco.com/asp/release.asp?id=266

    It's 1.33:1, not 2.35:1. And it has DD1.0 Mono, not 5.1.

    Looks like someone took the specs for Warner's 1961 version.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Oct 6, 2004

  3. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    "jayembee" <> wrote in message
    > "Doug MacLean" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Criterion will release King Of Kings on December 7th. The initial
    > > specifications indicate Dolby 5.1 audio and anamorphic 2.35:1 video

    listing
    > > for $39.95.

    > Someone's confused. The version of KING OF KINGS that Criterion's
    > releasing in December is DeMille's 1927 version.
    >
    > http://www.criterionco.com/asp/release.asp?id=266
    >
    > It's 1.33:1, not 2.35:1. And it has DD1.0 Mono, not 5.1.
    >
    > Looks like someone took the specs for Warner's 1961 version.
    >
    > -- jayembee

    Thank you very much. Too much manual entry got to me. I sit corrected and
    will adjust the database. Again, many thanks.

    --

    Doug MacLean
    Home Theater Info

    Doug MacLean, Oct 6, 2004