New Releases: Return of the Sith, House of Wax & Dogtown: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB &

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Doug MacLean, Aug 2, 2005.

  1. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    Buena Vista has announced several titles:
    November 1st:
    Aliens Of The Deep

    November 15th:
    Old Yeller: 2 Movie Collection
    Scrubs: Season 2

    November 22nd:
    Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
    Golden Girls: The Complete 3rd Season
    Home Improvement: Season 3

    November 29th:
    Empire (2005)
    Their Eyes Were Watching God

    Delta Entertainment has some classic television sets for release on
    September 6th:
    Andy Griffith Show
    Beverly Hillbillies (1962), Vol. 1
    Beverly Hillbillies (1962), Vol. 2
    Beverly Hillbillies (1962), Vol. 3
    Beverly Hillbillies (1962), Vol. 4
    Bonanza Vol. 1
    Bonanza Vol. 2
    Bonanza Vol. 3
    Bonanza Vol. 4
    Burns And Allen
    Dragnet Vol. 1
    Dragnet Vol. 2
    Dragnet Vol. 3
    Lucy Show 1
    Lucy Show 2
    Lucy Show 3
    One Step Beyond (1959), Vol. 1
    One Step Beyond (1959), Vol. 2
    One Step Beyond (1959), Vol. 3
    One Step Beyond (1959), Vol. 4
    Each set will list for $4.49.

    Fox will release Star Wars: Episode 3: Revenge Of The Sith on November 1st.
    There will be separate P&S and anamorphic widescreen releases each with DTS
    ES audio and listing for $29.98. Extras so far look to include:
    video mastered directly from the original digital files for the film
    audio commentary with director George Lucas and members of his production
    crew
    documentary on the making of the film
    several featurettes
    deleted scenes

    Set for release from Allied Artists:
    August 9th:
    Farewell To Arms (1932)
    Pied Piper Hamelin
    Star Is Born (1937)

    August 30th:
    His Girl Friday
    Jack And The Beanstalk (1952)
    Last Time I Saw Paris
    Meet John Doe

    Just announced by Buena Vista:
    November 1st:
    Aliens Of The Deep

    November 15th:
    Old Yeller: 2 Movie Collection
    Scrubs: Season 2

    November 22nd:
    Home Improvement: Season 3

    Coming on October 4th from MGM/UA:
    Billion Dollar Brain
    Cop
    Dead Cert
    The Fog (Special Remastered Edition)
    Girl Most Likely To
    Innocent Lies
    Journey To The Center Of The Earth
    Little Girl Who Lives Down The Lane
    Robot Jox
    Siege At Ruby Ridge
    Spiral Staircase (MGM/UA)
    Stargate SG-1: Season #8
    True Confessions
    Wild Palms (2-Disc)

    Lords Of Dogtown will have several variations released by Sony Pictures on
    September 27th:
    Lords Of Dogtown (PG-13 Version)
    Lords Of Dogtown (Un-Rated Version/ Extended) / Dogtown And Z-Boys (Deluxe
    Edition)
    Lords Of Dogtown / Dogtown And Z-Boys (Deluxe Edition)
    Lords of Dogtown (UMD)

    Also from Sony on October 4th:
    Dark Backward
    Knight's Tale (Extended Cut)
    Knight's Tale (UMD)
    Monster High
    Mortuary Academy
    New Kids
    Pulse (1988)
    Torture Garden

    For those that would like to see Paris Hilton get brutally murdered, Warner
    Brothers will release House Of Wax on October 25th. There will be both P&S
    and anamorphic widescreen versions both retailing for $28.98.

    in several formats as well as daily changes. Currently the main database
    contains 68,504 titles. Changes and additions this week number 289 and there
    are 2,795 due to be released titles. Updated lists for discontinued,
    cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX
    and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and original release dates are included in
    the fields. There is also a comprehensive list of titles that were
    rescheduled or reissued. Search function for the database, (including UPC
    search) complements of site partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem
    http://www.dvdlist.kazart.com.

    Current previews include Six Feet Under Season 4, Sin City, Brown Bunny,
    Punk: Attitude and Greatest American Hero: Season 3 Recent reviews include
    Dead Like Me: Season 2, Million Dollar Baby, Admissions, Prozac Nation,
    Fantastic Four (1994 Animated), Outer Limits Collections The Sopranos:
    Season 5, The Aviator, Moonlighting: Seasons 1 & 2, Assult on Preccinct 13,
    Six Feet Under: Season 3, Kinsey Phantom of the Opera (2004), Blade Trinity,
    Book of Love (2004) and Meet the Fockers. Updates to the DVD database,
    including release specifications usually made twice daily.

    Please stop by and visit.
    Thank you.

    Doug MacLean

    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/

    Doug MacLean, Aug 2, 2005

  2. Doug MacLean

    Scooby Doo Guest

    "Doug MacLean" <> wrote in

    > Set for release from Allied Artists:
    > August 30th:
    > His Girl Friday

    Huh? After 536 awful public-domain versions this finally got released by
    Columbia in 2000. Is this the 537th PD version?

    And yes I know the 1940 film was a remake but the 1931 original was not
    called HGF but The Front Page (which was remade again as TFP in 1974)...

    Scooby Doo, Aug 2, 2005

  3. Doug MacLean

    jayembee Guest

    Scooby Doo <> wrote:

    > "Doug MacLean" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Set for release from Allied Artists:
    >> August 30th:
    >> His Girl Friday

    > Huh? After 536 awful public-domain versions this finally got released by
    > Columbia in 2000. Is this the 537th PD version?

    Given all of the other titles from "Allied Artists" mentioned, I'd say, yes,
    this is another P.D. edition.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Aug 2, 2005
  4. Doug MacLean

    Curtin/Dobbs Guest

    "Doug MacLean" <> wrote in message
> [...]
    > are included in the fields. There is also a comprehensive list of titles
    > that were rescheduled or reissued. Search function for the database,
    > (including UPC search) complements of site partner and friend, Michael's
    > Movie Mayhem http://www.dvdlist.kazart.com.
    >
    > Current previews include Six Feet Under Season 4, Sin City, Brown Bunny,
    > Punk: Attitude and Greatest American Hero: Season 3 Recent reviews include
    > Dead Like Me: Season 2, Million Dollar Baby, Admissions, Prozac Nation,
    > Fantastic Four (1994 Animated), Outer Limits Collections The Sopranos:
    > Season 5, The Aviator, Moonlighting: Seasons 1 & 2, Assult on Preccinct
    > 13, Six Feet Under: Season 3, Kinsey Phantom of the Opera (2004), Blade
    > Trinity, Book of Love (2004) and Meet the Fockers. Updates to the DVD
    > database, including release specifications usually made twice daily.

    Thanks for the list. but what does...

    >Lords of Dogtown (UMD)

    ....(UMD) mean?

    --Curtin/Dobbs

    Curtin/Dobbs, Aug 2, 2005
  5. Doug MacLean

    Jordan Guest

    UMD is a custom disc format currently only playable in the Sony PSP
    hand-held gaming machine.

    - Jordan

    Jordan, Aug 2, 2005
  6. Re: New Releases: Return of the Sith, House of Wax & Dogtown: Updatedcomplete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists

    > Thanks for the list. but what does...
    >

    >>Lords of Dogtown (UMD)

    > ...(UMD) mean?

    That's the Playstation handheld video format.

    drc :)

    Darrel Christenson, Aug 2, 2005
  7. Doug MacLean

    Black Locust Guest

    In article <>,
    "Curtin/Dobbs" <> wrote:

    > ...(UMD) mean?

    Universal Media Disc, used by that overpriced tech toy known as the
    Playstation Portable.

    Black Locust, Aug 3, 2005