New Releases: Reality Bites, X-Files #8, Frasier #3: Updated complete downloadable R1 DB & info list

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Doug MacLean, Mar 4, 2004.

  1. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    Universal Music has some video collections due out. On March 30th they have
    Sheryl Crow: Best Of The Videos followed by No Doubt: The Videos 1992-2003
    on April 6th. Both have a list of $19.95. Initial announcements indicate
    they will have Dolby 5.1 audio.

    For baseball fans WEA will release Baseball's Greatest Rivalries on April
    6th with Rising Sons Return: Matsui, Ichiro and More! following on April
    13th. Both will list for $19.95

    Universal has a few announcements. Along Came Polly will be released on June
    8th. It will sport both Dolby 5.1 and DTS audio. There will be separate Pan
    & Scan and anamorphic widescreen releases. Extras will include
    audio commentary with director John Hamburg,
    alternate opening,
    deleted scenes (with optional director's commentary),
    outtakes,
    The Making of Along Came Polly featurette,
    the Rodolfo Goes Hollywood featurette,
    the theatrical trailer
    cast and filmmakers bios
    The list price is $26.98.

    Universal also has the 20th anniversary edition of Reality Bites. It looks
    like it will have Dolby 5.1 and anamorphic video. Again, the announcement is
    bare bones so no extras where announced as of yet. The list price is $19.96.

    Universal also has the first season of Monk set for release on June 15th.
    Extras include Mr. Monk And His Origins
    Mr. Monk And His O.C.D.
    Mr. Monk And His Fellow Sufferers
    MR. Monk And His Emmy Award Winning Performance
    Mr. Monk And His Partners In Crime
    List price is $59.95.

    Three's Company: Season 2 will be released by Anchor Bay on May 4th for
    $39.98.

    From Paramount, The Ben Afflick Sci-Fi thriller Paycheck will be released on
    May 18th. There will be separate P&S and anamorphic versions, both with
    Dolby 5.1 audio. The list price was given as $29.99. So far the extras
    include a commentary track by the director and screen writer.

    Paramount has Star Trek: Voyager Season 2 set for release on may 18th. The
    list price is $129.98.

    On May 25th Paramount has Frasier: The Complete 3rd Season set for release.
    List price is $49.99. The extras will include:
    The Crane Brothers Remember Season 3:
    Features Interviews With Kelsey Grammer and David Hyde Pierce
    A Conversation With Art Director Roy Christopher
    Bulldog Crazy
    The Mystery Of Maris: The Breakup Begins
    Celebrity Voices: Including Matthew Broderick, Carrie Fisher, Teri Garr,
    Laura Dern, Cyd Charisse, Ray Liotta, Jodie Foster, Joan Allen, Jane Pauley,
    David Duchovney

    For the kids Paramount has:
    Blue's Clues: Blue Talks (May 25th),
    SpongeBob SquarePants: SpongeGuard On Duty (June 1st),
    Dora The Explorer: Suepr Silly Fiesta! (June 1st).
    Each lists for $16.99.

    Paramount is releasing the recently announced Gunsmoke television movies in
    a box set. Gunsmoke Movie Collection: Return To Dodge / The Last Apache / To
    The Last Man will be released on May 11th for $39.95.

    Some flicks from Paramount will be released on June 1st. Most where
    announced with Dolby 5.1 audio and anamorphic video. They list for $14.99.
    Included are:
    Funny About Love,
    Summer School,
    Back To The Beach.

    From Columbia/Tri-Star set for release on May 11th:
    The Code (La Mentale),
    Down To Earth,
    Fog of War: Eleven Lessons from the Life of Robert S. McNamara,
    Japanese Story: Special Edition.

    Warner Brothers will release a P&S and anamorphic widescreen version of
    Torque on May 18th. Both have Dolby 5.1 audio and will list for $27.95.

    in several formats as well as daily changes. The official list now features
    39,707 titles with 235 additions or changes and 320 Pre-Release
    announcements. The All Titles list has 40,027 titles. Recent releases
    include: Last Week 360, This Week 265 and Next Week 220 titles.

    Previews of 21 Grams, Mona Lisa Smile, Gothika, Final Countdown and Texas
    Chainsaw Massacre (2003). Recent reviews include Lost in Translation,
    Thirteen, Wonderland, Underworld, Seabiscuit, Family Business, Cabin Fever
    and In the Cut. Classic reviews include 12 Angry Men, Texas Chainsaw
    Massacre (1974) Bedford Incident and Them. Coming titles listed before all
    the specs are in can be found in a new list,
    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/pre-releases.htm

    Updated lists for discontinued, cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles
    as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and
    original release dates now being added to the database. There is also a
    greatly expanded list of titles that were rescheduled or reissued. Search
    function for the database, (now including UPC search) complements of site
    partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem http://www.dvdlist.kazart.com and
    DVDLister.

    Updates to the DVD database, including release specs usually made twice
    daily.

    Please stop by and visit.
    Thank you.

    Doug MacLean
    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/
    Doug MacLean, Mar 4, 2004

  2. Doug MacLean

    jayembee Guest

    "Doug MacLean" <> wrote:

    (1) That should be Season 9, not 8.

    (2) I'd heard elsewhere (tvshowsondvd.com) that the MSRP would
    be $99.98.

    (3) tvshowsondvd.com also reports that on that date, Fox will
    be dropping the price on all of the previous XF sets to match
    this one.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Mar 4, 2004

  3. Doug MacLean

    Anthony Yes Guest

    Re: New Releases: Reality Bites, X-Files #8, Frasier #3: Updatedco...

    >Universal also has the 20th anniversary
    > edition of Reality Bites. It looks like it will have
    > Dolby 5.1 and anamorphic video. Again, the
    > announcement is bare bones so no extras
    > where announced as of yet. The list price is
    > $19.96.

    The current "Reality Bites" DVD release already has Dolby 5.1, and is
    anamorphic. I don't see why Universal would want to release a "20th
    anniversary edition" without extras, hopefully a commentary by Ben
    Stiller (and cast) will be included.
    Anthony Yes, Mar 4, 2004
  4. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    "jayembee" <> wrote in message
    > "Doug MacLean" <> wrote:

    > (1) That should be Season 9, not 8.
    >
    > (2) I'd heard elsewhere (tvshowsondvd.com) that the MSRP would
    > be $99.98.
    >
    > (3) tvshowsondvd.com also reports that on that date, Fox will
    > be dropping the price on all of the previous XF sets to match
    > this one.
    >
    > -- jayembee

    Thank you for the correction, you are right in both counts. My fumbling
    fingers made the typo. I'll correct the database with the next update. I
    haven't gotten anything from the studio yet as to the price drop, I'll ask
    when I speak to them next. Again, thank you for the correction.

    --

    Doug MacLean
    Home Theater Info
    Doug MacLean, Mar 4, 2004
  5. Doug MacLean

    CLOSEDOWN8 Guest

    Re: New Releases: Reality Bites, X-Files #8, Frasier #3: Updated

    >The current "Reality Bites" DVD release already has Dolby 5.1, and is
    >anamorphic. I don't see why Universal would want to release a "20th
    >anniversary edition" without extras, hopefully a commentary by Ben
    >Stiller (and cast) will be included.

    I could have sworn I was older than 2 when that movie came out.
    --------------------------------
    "That's the worst reverse-acting I've ever seen!" -Sam Raimi
    CLOSEDOWN8, Mar 4, 2004
  6. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    "CLOSEDOWN8" <> wrote in message

    > >The current "Reality Bites" DVD release already has Dolby 5.1, and is
    > >anamorphic. I don't see why Universal would want to release a "20th
    > >anniversary edition" without extras, hopefully a commentary by Ben
    > >Stiller (and cast) will be included.

    > I could have sworn I was older than 2 when that movie came out.
    > "That's the worst reverse-acting I've ever seen!" -Sam Raimi

    This has been my week for typos. The announcement did say 20th when it
    should have read 10th. Thanks for the correction. I gotta have a cup of
    coffee before going through the studio announcements. ;->

    --

    Doug MacLean
    Home Theater Info
    Doug MacLean, Mar 4, 2004