New releases: One Step Beyond, Universal music, WB Animation: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD D

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Doug MacLean, Jan 27, 2004.

  1. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    From Universal Music a few more in their 20th Century Masters series. 20th
    Century Masters: Scorpions: Best Of DVD Collection, 20th Century Masters:
    Tears For Fears: Best Of DVD Collection, 20th Century Masters: Billy Ray
    Cyrus: Best Of DVD Collection, 20th Century Masters: Boyz II Men: Best Of
    DVD Collection, 20th Century Masters: Donna Summer: Best Of DVD Collection,
    20th Century Masters: Kiss: Best Of DVD Collection, 20th Century Masters:
    Kool & The Gang: Best Of DVD Collection, 20th Century Masters: Moody Blues:
    Best Of DVD Collection, 20th Century Masters: New Edition: Best Of DVD
    Collection and 20th Century Masters: Tracy Byrd: Best Of DVD Collection all
    drop on February 24th for $9.99 each. They also have Aaron Neville: Nature
    Boy Standards Album (DVD-Audio) also on the 24th for $19.95. For those in
    need of some exercise you can try Bellydance Superstars and Bellyqueen:
    Bellydance Jam for $19.95 each. Rounding out this set of announcements for
    that date are David Sanborn: Time Again (DVD-Audio), Historia Video Musical:
    Liberacion and La Ley: El Comienzo De Una Historia.

    Some out there may remember the television show One Step Beyond. Each week
    it featured strange tales of the unknown hosted by John Newell. Delta has 12
    sets each with about 4 episodes due out on February 24th. Each set retails
    for $6.99. For the die hard collector the complete 12 sets will be in one
    box set for a list price of $89.98.

    If you have heard a lot about anime but are not quite sure Central Park has
    some test packs containing episodes from various anime series. Included are
    Anime Test Drive: Descendants Of Darkness, Anime Test Drive: Revolutionary
    Girl Collection and Anime Test Drive: Slayers for $9.98 each. If you want to
    really take the plunge there is Anime Test Drive (8-Pack Brick) for $63.95.

    Recently featured on a VH1 list of mistakes was Mary & Rhoda, the television
    reunion of characters from the classic Mary Tyler Moore show. Ventura is
    releasing this flick on April 20th for $14.95.

    Just a few status changes that have been confirmed. Some are well known by
    now but I like studio confirmation before they hit the database. Ed Wood,
    set for release on February 3rd, has been postponed yet again. They also
    listed as postponed are Sonatine and The Third Wheel. Disney is putting off
    some of their foreign and cult classic titles in order to devote more of
    their resources on their limited edition classic animated titles and other
    more recent popular films. BMG Music has postponed Christina
    Aguilera:Stripped...Live In The UK. Blue Underground has cancelled Girl
    From Rio originally set for release on January 27th.

    BFS Entertainment has some 'classic' box sets due out on March 9th. Included
    are Great Comedy Team Movies: Africa Screams / Check And Double Check / The
    Flying Deuces, Classic Hitchhiker Movies (Ginger In The Morning / The
    Hitchhiker / Detour), Great Ghetto Action Movies: The Black 6 / Mean Johnny
    Barrows / Velvet Smoothand and Classic Award Winning Movies (A Farewell To
    Arms / The Private Life Of Henry VIII / Blood On The Sun). Each has a
    suggested price of $9.99.

    BMG Music has some March releases announced. Britney Spears: In The Zone on
    March 9th for $19.95; Big Boi's Boom Boom Room on March 16th ($14.95); on
    March 23rd there is Gustavo Cerati: Once Episodios Sinfonicos ($19.95),
    Kelly Osbourne: Live At The Electric Ballroom and Queensryche: The Art Of
    Live, $24.95 each and Ringo Starr/Harry Nilsson: The Point for $14.95.

    Buena Vista has the latest Eddie Murphy family flick, Haunted Mansion, set
    for release on April 20th. Typically, there will be separate P&S and
    anamorphic widescreen versions. Each does have Dolby 5.1 audio and will list
    for $29.99.

    Fans of classic television animation can look forward to the upcoming Warner
    Brothers releases of Flintstones: Season #1 and Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?
    Seasons One & Two. Both will street on March 16th with retail prices of
    $64.92 each set.

    Sony Music has Freaks And Geeks: The Complete Series ready for release on
    April 6th for a suggested price of $69.95. The announced extras include
    Director's Cut Pilot Episode with Never-Before-Seen Footage; 29 Audio
    Commentaries by the actors, writers, directors, network executives, parents
    of cast members, teachers in character and dedicated fans of the show; Over
    60 deleted scenes and outtakes with commentary; 28-page booklet with essay
    by creator Paul Feig, Q&A with producer/writer Judd Apatow and illustrated
    by extremely geeky photos; Cast Auditions.

    March 23 will bring some music from Music Video Distributors. Included are
    Louis Jordan: Films & Soundies, Nat King Cole: Soundies & Telescriptions and
    Sarah Vaughan & Friends: Swing Era. Each disc will retail for $19.95.

    in several formats as well as daily changes. The official list now features
    38,094 titles with 105 additions or changes and 375 Pre-Release
    announcements. The All Titles list has 38,469 titles. Recent releases
    include: Last Week 221, This Week 277 and Next Week 227 titles.

    Previews of Lost in Translation, Mona Lisa Smile, Wonderland and Texas
    Chainsaw Massacre (2003). Recent reviews include Thirteen, Underworld,
    Seabiscuit, Family Business, Firefly, Taken, Cabin Fever and The Shield:
    Season 2. Classic reviews include 12 Angry Men, the Barbarians (History
    Channel) Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) Bedford Incident and Them. Coming
    titles listed before all the specs are in can be found in a new list,
    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/pre-releases.htm

    Updated lists for discontinued, cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles
    as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and
    original release dates now being added to the database. There is also a
    greatly expanded list of titles that were rescheduled or reissued. Search
    function for the database, (now including UPC search) complements of site
    partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem http://www.dvdlist.kazart.com and
    DVDLister.

    Updates to the DVD database, including release specs usually made twice
    daily.

    Please stop by and visit.
    Thank you.

    Doug MacLean
    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/
    Doug MacLean, Jan 27, 2004

  2. Doug MacLean

    jayembee Guest

    "Doug MacLean" <> wrote:

    >Some out there may remember the television show One Step Beyond. Each week
    >it featured strange tales of the unknown hosted by John Newell. Delta has 12
    >sets each with about 4 episodes due out on February 24th. Each set retails
    >for $6.99. For the die hard collector the complete 12 sets will be in one
    >box set for a list price of $89.98.

    How interesting. 12 discs at $6.99 each. That comes to $83.94. Or you
    can buy all 12 in a box set for $89.98. The box costs almost as much
    as one of the DVDs.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Jan 27, 2004

  3. Doug MacLean

    CNDA Guest

    "jayembee" <> wrote in message
    > "Doug MacLean" <> wrote:
    >
    > >Some out there may remember the television show One Step Beyond. Each

    week
    > >it featured strange tales of the unknown hosted by John Newell.

    I think you mean John Newland. One of my favorite series, it used to
    creep me out back then. That music theme....

    I wonder if the set has spanish subtitles/

    César.
    CNDA, Jan 31, 2004
  4. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    "CNDA" <> wrote in message

    > "jayembee" <> wrote in message
    > > "Doug MacLean" <> wrote:
    > >
    > > >Some out there may remember the television show One Step Beyond. Each

    > week
    > > >it featured strange tales of the unknown hosted by John Newell.

    > I think you mean John Newland. One of my favorite series, it used to
    > creep me out back then. That music theme....
    >
    > I wonder if the set has spanish subtitles/
    >
    > César.

    Thank you, I sit corrected. You are completely correct.

    Unfortunately, the announcement from Delta did not mention subtitles but it
    was a very bare bones announcement.

    --

    Doug MacLean
    Home Theater Info
    Doug MacLean, Jan 31, 2004
  5. Doug MacLean

    CNDA Guest

    "Doug MacLean" <> wrote in message

    > Thank you, I sit corrected. You are completely correct.

    No problemo.

    > Unfortunately, the announcement from Delta did not mention subtitles

    but it
    > was a very bare bones announcement.

    It's a shame, Harry Lubin is the composer of that creepy music. Thanks
    for the info.

    César

    CNDA, Feb 1, 2004