New releases: My Brilliant Career, Dirty Shame & Stripes: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB &

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Doug MacLean, Apr 5, 2005.

  1. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    Blue Underground has announced the release of the 1979 drama, My Brilliant
    Career for May 31st. This two disc set will feature both the original mono
    soundtrack plus Dolby 2.0, Dolby 5.1 EX and DTS ES. The video will be in
    anamorphic 1.78:1. Extras will include:
    Interview with Director Gillian Armstrong
    Interview with Producer Margaret Fink
    Cannes Film Festival Premiere Featuring Star Judy Davis, Director Gillian
    Armstrong and Producer Margaret Fink
    The Miles Franklin Story
    Poster & Still Gallery
    Teachers' Study Guide (DVD-ROM)
    The retail price will be $29.95.

    Fox has a couple classic television sets for release in July:
    July 12th:
    Mary Tyler Moore Show: Season 2

    July 19th:
    Lost In Space: Season 3, Vol. 2

    Paramount will release Pope John Paul II: Builder Of Bridges on April 19th.

    Columbia/Tri-Star will release the Will Smith romantic comedy, Hitch, on
    June 14th. There will be separate P&S and anamorphic releases, each with
    Dolby 5.1 and listing for $28.98. No word yet as to any extras.

    Buena Vista has some addition UMD titles for release:
    April 19th:
    Pirates Of The Caribbean: The Curse Of The Black Pearl (UMD)

    May 3rd:
    Hero (UMD)
    National Treasure (UMD)
    Each retails for $29.95.

    Just announced for release by MGM/UA:
    May 31st:
    Swimming Upstream ($26.98)

    June 21st:
    Bigger Than The Sky ($26.98)

    July 12th:
    Garbage Pail Kids Movie
    Magic Sword
    Party Animal
    Sinbad Of The Seven Seas
    (Each listing for $14.98)

    July 26th:
    Gates Of Heaven ($19.98)

    New Line will release the latest opus from the strange mind of John Waters,
    Dirty Shame on June 14th. There will be both an Unrated and 'R' rated
    version. Each will have Dolby 5.1 audio and anamorphic video. The retail
    price will be $27.98.

    Paul McCartney: In Red Square will be released by A&E Video on June 14th.
    the list price will be $24.95.

    Just announced for release by Anchor Bay:
    June 14th:
    America's Prince
    Highlander: The Raven (Complete Series)
    Journalists Killed In The Line Of Duty
    Kenny & Co
    Macross Plus (2-Disc)
    Only The Lonely
    Thomas & Friends: Best Of James w/ Train
    Thomas & Friends: James Learns A Lesson
    Thomas & Friends: James Learns A Lesson w/ Train

    June 28th:
    Dirty Mary Crazy Larry
    Eyewitness
    Game Over: Complete Series

    BMG Music will release the following on May 3rd:
    Ciara: Goodies: The Videos
    Dido: Live At Brixton Academy
    Nagie Stone: Stone Live

    On June 7th from COlumbia/Tri-Star:
    D.E.B.S
    Dragon Tales: Playing Fair Makes Playing Fun
    Imaginary Heroes
    Karate Kid (Special Edition)
    Rescue Me: Season #1
    Sanford And Son: The Complete 6th Season
    Sanford And Son: The Complete 6th Season (Limited Edition)
    Stripes (Extended Cut)
    Tears Of The Sun (Director's Extended Cut)

    Father Of The Pride: The Complete Series (Special Edition) has been
    announced for a May 17th release date form Dreamworks. The list price will
    be $26.98

    On May 3rd Eagle Vision has ready for release:
    Man Show: Season 1 & 2
    Man Show: Season 3

    Coming soon from Paramount:
    May 21st:
    Coach Carter (Pan & Scan)
    Coach Carter (Widescreen)

    June 7th:
    Newlyweds: Seasons #2 & #3

    June 14th:
    Lightship
    Adam At 6 A.M.
    Fairly Oddparents: School's Out - The Musical
    Prime Cut
    Reivers
    Reno 911!: The Complete 2nd Season
    Target (1985)
    Walker, Texas Ranger: Final Season

    June 21st:
    Coach Carter (Pan & Scan/ Checkpoint)
    Coach Carter (Widescreen/ Checkpoint)
    Hustle (1975 / Paramount)
    I'm Dancing As Fast As I Can
    Lifeguard (1976)
    Starting Over

    in several formats as well as daily changes. Currently the main database
    contains 62,056 titles. Changes and additions this week number 415 there are
    2,548 due to be released titles. Updated lists for discontinued, cancelled,
    postponed and rescheduled titles as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX and
    Superbit titles. UPC numbers and original release dates are included in the
    fields. There is also a comprehensive list of titles that were rescheduled
    or reissued. Search function for the database, (including UPC search)
    complements of site partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem
    http://www.dvdlist.kazart.com.

    Current previews include Tweeked and A Love Song for Bobby Long, Recent
    reviews include Elektra, Greatest American Hero Season 2, Closer, First
    Invasion and French Revolution, Alfie (1966/2004), Kojak Season One, Cube
    Zero, Saw, Motorcycle Diaries, Ladder 49, Deadwood, Ray, Vanity Fair,
    Charmed: Season One, Sky Captain, Catwoman, Friday Night Lights, When will I
    be Loved , Farscape: The Peacekeer Wars, Mean Creek, First Daughter,
    Backbeat and the 5 Browns. Updates to the DVD database, including release
    specifications usually made twice daily.

    Please stop by and visit.
    Thank you.

    Doug MacLean
    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/
    Doug MacLean, Apr 5, 2005

  2. >"Doug MacLean" <> wrote:

    >Buena Vista has some addition UMD titles for release:
    >April 19th:
    >Pirates Of The Caribbean: The Curse Of The Black Pearl (UMD)
    >
    >May 3rd:
    >Hero (UMD)
    >National Treasure (UMD)
    >Each retails for $29.95.