New Releases: More No Doubt, Jonny Quest & Sealab: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info li

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Doug MacLean, Mar 6, 2004.

  1. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    Ventura has some Spanish language films set for release.
    March 15th:
    Enredate Y Veras (a.k.a. I Don't Want To Get Married).
    May 4th:
    La Sombra Del Caudillo (a.k.a. The Shadow Of A Leader).
    May 25th:
    Tirando A Gol (a.k.a. Shot On Goal),
    El Gangster (a.k.a. The Gangster).
    June 15th:
    Sound Of The Sea.
    August 8th:
    Masterpiece.
    August 13th:
    Dying Of Laughter.

    Ventura also has some special interest discs coming out over the next couple
    of months.
    March 23rd:
    128th Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show.
    May 11th:
    Seth II.
    May 18th:
    Lenny Wilkins: The Basics.
    May 25th:
    Hashiriya,
    Chick Fights.
    June 8th:
    Ryan Capes: My Way To The Record,
    Baby Know It All: Colors & 123's.
    June 15th:
    Foundation European Tour,
    Choppers #1: Wild West.

    On May 18th Artisan will release some exercise discs:
    Denise Austin: Power Zone: Ultimate Metabolism Boosting Workout,
    Stott Pilates: Firm & Fit,
    Stott Pilates: Secret To Flat Abs.

    Koch has a number of DVDs set for release on June 8th:
    A To Zeppelin: The Story Of Led Zeppelin,
    Becoming Queen,
    Brian Epstein: Inside The Fifth Beatle,
    Carlinhos Brown: World Music Portrait Series,
    Elvis: 50 Years In Show Business,
    Going Hollywood: The War Years,
    Golden Gong: The British Cinema Collection,
    Hit Celebrity TV Commercials,
    Red Skelton Comedy Collection.

    A few more announcements from Universal Music. On March 30th:
    20th Century Masters: Mavericks,
    20th Century Masters: Olivia Newton John,
    20th Century Masters: Toby Keith.
    On April 6th:
    No Doubt: Live In The Tragic Kingdom,
    Polyphonic Spree: Adventure Of Listening.

    On May 25th Paramount will release:
    Cheers: The Complete 3rd Season ($49.99),
    Winds Of War (89.99).

    Some older television animation is coming from Turner Home Entertainment.
    On May 11th they have
    Jonny Quest: Season 1 ($64.92).
    Following on June 15th:
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force: Volume 2 ($39.98),
    Sealab 2021: Season 1 ($29.98).

    Buena Vista has two sets of announcements. Most are their family oriented
    faire.
    On June 1st:
    Saintly Switch,
    Disney's Flight Of The Navigator,
    Freaky Friday (1976),
    Happiest Millionaire,
    Power Rangers Dino Thunder #1: Day Of The Dino,
    Far Off Place,
    Map Of The Human Heart.
    On September 7th:
    Tiger Town,
    One Little Indian,
    Squanto: A Warrior's Tale,
    Never Cry Wolf,
    Tex,
    Davy Crockett: 50 Anniversary Edition,
    Hans Brinker Or The Silver Skates,
    Island At The Top Of The World: 30th Anniversary Edition.
    All are set with a $19.98 retail price.

    in several formats as well as daily changes. The official list now features
    39,801 titles with 425 additions or changes and 376 Pre-Release
    announcements. The All Titles list has 40,177 titles. Recent releases
    include: Last Week 360, This Week 265 and Next Week 220 titles.

    Previews of 21 Grams, Mona Lisa Smile, Gothika, Final Countdown and Texas
    Chainsaw Massacre (2003). Recent reviews include Lost in Translation,
    Thirteen, Wonderland, Underworld, Seabiscuit, Family Business, Matchstick
    Men and In the Cut. Classic reviews include 12 Angry Men, Texas Chainsaw
    Massacre (1974) Bedford Incident and Them. Coming titles listed before all
    the specs are in can be found in a new list,
    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/pre-releases.htm

    Updated lists for discontinued, cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles
    as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and
    original release dates now being added to the database. There is also a
    greatly expanded list of titles that were rescheduled or reissued. Search
    function for the database, (now including UPC search) complements of site
    partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem http://www.dvdlist.kazart.com and
    DVDLister.

    Updates to the DVD database, including release specs usually made twice
    daily.

    Please stop by and visit.
    Thank you.

    Doug MacLean
    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/

    Doug MacLean, Mar 6, 2004

  2. Doug MacLean

    jayembee Guest

    "Doug MacLean" <> wrote:

    > Some older television animation is coming from Turner Home
    > Entertainment. On May 11th they have
    > Jonny Quest: Season 1 ($64.92).

    I still can't figure out why Warner is calling this set
    "Season 1", rather than "The Complete Original Series".
    There wasn't any Season 2, only a brief series revival
    22 years later.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Mar 6, 2004

  3. Re: New Releases: More No Doubt, Jonny Quest & Sealab: Updated completedownloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists

    jayembee wrote:

    > "Doug MacLean" <> wrote:
    >

    >>Some older television animation is coming from Turner Home
    >>Entertainment. On May 11th they have
    >>Jonny Quest: Season 1 ($64.92).

    > I still can't figure out why Warner is calling this set
    > "Season 1", rather than "The Complete Original Series".
    > There wasn't any Season 2, only a brief series revival
    > 22 years later.

    They're probably leaving themselves open in case the Turner half of
    Warner *still* wants to release their grave-stomping "Real Adventures of
    JQ" as canon...

    Derek Janssen (...Jessie Bannon??--No. That would've been unthinkable
    in the '64 version)

    Derek Janssen, Mar 6, 2004