New releases: Memoirs of a Geisha, King Kong Collection & Napoleon Dynamite CE: Updated complete dow

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Doug MacLean, Feb 14, 2006.

  1. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    On April 25th Universal will release more two film packs. Each will list for
    $26.99.
    40-Year-Old Virgin (R-Rated Version/ Widescreen) / American Wedding (Special
    Edition/ Widescreen/ ...)
    40-Year-Old Virgin (Unrated Version/ Widescreen) / American Wedding
    (Extended Party Edition/ Widescreen/ ...)
    American Pie: Band Camp (R-Rated Version/ Pan & Scan) / American Pie 2
    (Special Edition/ Pan & Scan/ ...)
    American Pie: Band Camp (Unrated Version/ Widescreen) / American Pie
    (Special Edition/ Unrated Version)
    Broken Flowers / Lost In Translation (Widescreen)
    Cinderella Man (Widescreen) / Seabiscuit (2003/ Special Edition/ Widescreen)
    Perfect Man (Special Edition/ Widescreen) / Wedding Date (Special Edition/
    Widescreen)
    Serenity (Widescreen) / Chronicles Of Riddick (Widescreen)
    Skeleton Key (Widescreen) / Cry_Wolf [Cry Wolf] (Unrated Version/
    Widescreen)

    Warner Brothers/HBO will release Everybody Loves Raymond: The Complete 6th
    Season on May 9th, The list price will be $44.98.

    Rumor Has It Will also be released by Warner Brothers on May 9th. There will
    be both Pan & Scan and anamorphic widescreen, both with Dolby 5.1 audio and
    listing for $28.99.

    Fox has a number of titles just added to their release list:
    April 4th:
    God's Ambassador

    April 25th:
    Dr Dolittle Giftset (Pan & Scan)
    Dr Dolittle Giftset (Widescreen)
    Dr Dolittle 3

    May 2nd:
    King Of The Hill: Season 6

    May 9th:
    Family Guy: Freakin Sweet Collection (UMD)
    Poseidon Adventure (2 Disc/Special Edition)
    Towering Inferno (2 Disc)
    X2: X-Men United (UMD)
    X-Men (UMD)

    May 16th:
    Big Valley: Season #1
    Hill Street Blues: The Complete 2nd Season
    Napoleon Dynamite (2 Disc/Collector's Edition)
    Ringer

    May 23rd:
    100 Rifles
    Back Door To Hell
    Boondock Saints (Unrated/Special Edition / UMD)
    Boondock Saints (Unrated/Special Edition)
    Boston Legal: Season #1
    Cheaper By The Dozen 2
    Compulsion
    Culpepper Cattle Company
    Decision Before Dawn
    Donnie Darko (UMD)
    Guns At Batasi
    Immortal Sergeant
    Kingdom Of Heaven (4 Disc/Director's Cut)
    Last Wagon
    M*A*S*H (MASH): Season 10
    Murder, Inc.
    Proud One
    Seven Ups
    That 70's Show:- Season 4
    These Thousand Hills
    Yellow Sky
    You're In The Navy Now

    Coming soon from Paramount:
    April 11th:
    Mission Impossible (Special Edition)
    Mission Impossible Collector's Set
    Mission: Impossible 2 (2 Disc)

    May 16th:
    Lazytown: Sports Candy Festival

    May 23rd:
    Alvin & The Chipmunks: Chipmunk Adventure
    Blue Iguana
    Catherine The Great (2005)
    Fairly Oddparents: Fairy Idol
    Wings: Seasons 1-2

    May 30th:
    Avatar Book 1 #3
    Backyardigans: Surf's Up

    Tales From The Crypt: Seasons 1-3 will be released by Warner Brothers/HBO on
    February 28th listing for $106.95.

    Due out from A&E on June 27th:
    Amityville: The Haunting
    Cola Wars
    Earp Brothers: Lawmen Of The West
    Edward R. Murrow: Voices Of America
    Guardian Of The Ages: The Great Sphinx
    History Of Toys And Games
    Inside The Mind Of A Suicide Bomber
    Johnny Depp
    Larry Flynt: Fighting Dirty
    Lost Castles Of England
    Miraculous Canals Of Venice
    Nelson Rockefeller: Passionate Millionaire
    Pirate Ships
    Sacred Places
    Saddam's Bombmaker
    Strom Thurmond
    Sunken City
    Viking Explorers
    Witches
    Each has a list price of $24.95.

    Sony Pictures has a new variation of the two pack, bundling the DVD and UMD
    versions together. They will release a couple of these hybrid packs on March
    28th:
    Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (UMD/DVD 2 Pack)
    Grudge (UMD/DVD 2 Pack)
    Suggested retail price is $28.95.

    King Kong Collection: King Kong (1933/ 2-Disc w/ tin) / Mighty Joe Young /
    Son Of Kong will be released on March 28th listing for $49.95.

    Memoirs of a Geisha will be released by Sony Pictures on March 28th. There
    are six ways to get this film so far, either the Pan & Scan or widescreen or
    packaged with another film:
    Memoirs of a Geisha (Fullscreen) / Little Women: Collector's Series (2 Pack)
    Memoirs of a Geisha (Fullscreen) / Seven Years in Tibet (2-Pack)
    Memoirs of a Geisha (Widescreen) / Little Women: Collector's Series (2 Pack)
    Memoirs of a Geisha (Widescreen) / Seven Years in Tibet (2 Pack)
    The single film releases will list for $28.95 with $36.95 for the two film
    packs.

    Sony Pictures also has announced Breakfast On Pluto for release on April
    18th retailing for $24.95.

    A couple of new titles from Amine Works, set for release on February 14th:
    Kite (Anime Works/ w/ T-Shirt)
    Mezzo (Anime Works/ w/ T-Shirt)
    Each will list for $29.95.

    Due out from Delta Entertainment with a release date of March 21st:
    Essential Blackjack: A Guide For Players And Dealers
    Essential Craps: A Guide For Players And Dealers
    Essential Roulette: A Guide For Players And Dealers
    How To Make Money Playing Texas Hold'em Poker
    Rudolph Valentino: The Great Lover
    Space Mission: Reaching For The Stars
    Space Views: A Journey Around The World With Spectacular Pictures From The
    Space Shuttle
    List price for each is $6.99.

    Koch has a few releases set for May 2nd:
    Bootleggers
    Funkmaster Flex: Car Show
    Night With Chieli Minucci & Special Efx
    Pirates Of The Silver Screen Collection
    Ultimate Film Noir Collection

    Major League Baseball Bloopers will be released by Sony Pictures on June
    27th. Retail price will be $19.95.

    Please note: UMD refers to Universal Media Discs, a variation used by
    Playstation 2 devices.

    in several formats as well as daily changes. Currently the main database
    contains 79,935 titles. Changes and additions this week number 339 and there
    are 2,724 due to be released titles. Updated lists for discontinued,
    cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX
    and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and original release dates are included in
    the fields. There is also a comprehensive list of titles that were
    rescheduled or reissued. Search function for the database, (including UPC
    search) complements of site partner and friend, Michael's Movie
    Mayhemhttp://www.dvdlist.kazart.com.

    Current previews include Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Rent and Pulse
    (Kairo) and The Untold Story of Emmett Louis Till. Recent reviews include
    Grey's Anatomy: Season One, Tori Amos Collection, Emergency Season 2, Magnum
    PI Season 3, Knight Rider Seaqson 3, A-Team Season 3, Repo Man, Dune
    (1984), The War Within, The Aristocrats, Flightplan and Streets of Legend,
    Enron: Smartest Guys in the Room, Broken Flowers and Two for the Money, .
    Updates to the DVD database, including release specifications usually made
    twice daily.

    Please stop by and visit.
    Thank you.

    Doug MacLean

    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/.

    Doug MacLean, Feb 14, 2006

  2. Doug MacLean

    Bratboy Guest

    "Doug MacLean" <> wrote in message

    > King Kong Collection: King Kong (1933/ 2-Disc w/ tin) / Mighty Joe Young /
    > Son Of Kong will be released on March 28th listing for $49.95.
    >

    > Please stop by and visit.
    > Thank you.
    >
    > Doug MacLean
    >
    > http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/.

    Hasn't this set been out since before xmas? I seem to recall I picked it up
    back in Dec at least. Or did you mean there is a UMD set coming?

    Bratboy, Feb 14, 2006

  3. Doug MacLean

    jayembee Guest

    "Bratboy" <> wrote:

    > "Doug MacLean" <> wrote
    >
    >> King Kong Collection: King Kong (1933/ 2-Disc w/ tin) / Mighty Joe
    >> Young / Son Of Kong will be released on March 28th listing for
    >> $49.95.

    > Hasn't this set been out since before xmas? I seem to recall I picked
    > it up back in Dec at least. Or did you mean there is a UMD set coming?

    Depends on what you mean. There was a general release boxed set that
    included all three films. There was also a Best Buy exclusive set
    that had all three films, with the original KK in a "collectible tin".
    From Doug's description, tt sounds like this latter is getting a wider,
    non-exclusive release.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Feb 15, 2006