New Releases: Master & Commander, Unrated Wild Thing: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Doug MacLean, Feb 12, 2004.

  1. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    On April 20th Fox will release three variations of the Oscar nominated
    Master & Commander: The Far Side Of The World. The first two, retailing for
    $29.95 each are the regular anamorphic 2.40:1 and P&S sets. The third choice
    is the deluxe two disc collector's edition for $39.95. With this edition the
    extras are to included The Hundred Days, In The Wake Of O'Brian, Cinematic
    Phasmids, Sound Design Featurette, Interactive Sound Recording Demo, Six
    Deleted Scenes totaling over twenty minutes, The HBO First Look featurette,
    Four multi-angle scene studies, Four Art Galleries, Domestic and
    International Trailers, Teasers and Planet of The Apes 35th Anniversary
    Trailer. The film is presented in both Dolby 5.1 and DTS audio.

    Kultur has some collections 'gathered' by top 40 list maven Casey Kasem for
    release on April 27th. Included are Casey Kasems Rock N Roll Goldmine:
    British Invasion, Casey Kasems Rock N Roll Goldmine: Elvis - Echo Will Never
    Die, Casey Kasems Rock N Roll Goldmine: San Francisco Sound, Casey Kasems
    Rock N Roll Goldmine: Sixties and Casey Kasems Rock N Roll Goldmine: Soul.
    Each will run $14.95. You can also opt for the box set listing at $59.95.

    March 3rd brings some more music from the Universal Music division. Included
    are James Brown: Soul Survivor, Sissel In Concert: All Good Things, Beatles:
    With Tony Sheridan, Historia Video Musical: Los Angeles Azule and Tristan
    Und Isolde.

    Columbia/TriStar will release League Of Their Own (Special Edition) on April
    20th. Featuring an all star cast the film will be presented in anamorphic
    2.35:1 video and purportedly contain a Dolby 5.1 audio track. The list price
    was given as $24.96. Extras include Deleted Scenes, Director's Commentary,
    Exclusive Documentary, Music Video: "This Used To Be My Playground" By
    Madonna.

    Columbia has an Unrated version of the 1998 Neo-Noir flick, Wild Things set
    for release on April 20th. Listing at $19.95 it features previous unseen
    footage. They also have the direct to video sequel Wild Things 2 listing at
    $24.98. Strange that the DTV sequel lists for more but that is waht the
    announcement stated. Both will feature Dolby 5.1 audio and anamorphic video.
    You can also choose to get both in a two pack for $36.95.

    King Of Queens: 2nd Season will be released by Columbia also on April 20th
    listing at $39.95.

    Fox adds a few titles to their April 20th release of 'golden age musicals.
    Now included in this batch are Call Me Madam, Give My Regards To Broad St.
    and the source for the hit musical Chicago, Roxy Hart. Each has a suggested
    price of $14.98.

    Anime is being featured as usual by Bandai Entertainment. March 3rd will
    bring Please Teacher! #1: Hot For Teacher, Please Teacher! #2: Meet The
    In-Laws, Please Teacher! #3: Honeymoon's Over, Please Teacher! #4: Hello
    Again, Witch Hunter Robin #1: Arrival and Witch Hunter Robin #2: Belief.
    Specs where given as original language with English subtitles and full
    screen with a price of $29.95.

    Goodtimes can help you tone up with the April 20th release of Leslie
    Sansone: You Can Do Abs, Leslie Sansone: You Can Do Pilates and Leslie
    Sansone: You Can Do Yoga for $19.95 or the three pack for $49.95.

    Also due out from Goodtimes on April 20th is the animated TV show Totally
    Spies!: Volume One - First Secret Mission and Totally Spies!: Volume Two -
    The Getaway for $14.95. On April 27th they have an addition to their
    Biblical series, Apocalypse for $19.95.

    in several formats as well as daily changes. The official list now features
    38,667 titles with 212 additions or changes and 345 Pre-Release
    announcements. The All Titles list has 39,012 titles. Recent releases
    include: Last Week 258, This Week 291 and Next Week 141 titles.

    Previews of 21 Grams, Mona Lisa Smile, Wonderland and Texas Chainsaw
    Massacre (2003). Recent reviews include Lost in Translation, Thirteen,
    Underworld, Seabiscuit, Family Business, Firefly, Taken, Cabin Fever and The
    Shield:Season 2. Classic reviews include 12 Angry Men, the Barbarians
    (History Channel) Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) Bedford Incident and Them.
    Coming titles listed before all the specs are in can be found in a new list,
    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/pre-releases.htm

    Updated lists for discontinued, cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles
    as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and
    original release dates now being added to the database. There is also a
    greatly expanded list of titles that were rescheduled or reissued. Search
    function for the database, (now including UPC search) complements of site
    partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem http://www.dvdlist.kazart.com and
    DVDLister.

    Updates to the DVD database, including release specs usually made twice
    daily.

    Please stop by and visit.
    Thank you.

    Doug MacLean
    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/

    Doug MacLean, Feb 12, 2004

  2. Doug MacLean

    Richard Guest

    "Doug MacLean" <> wrote in message news:<tODWb.14307$>...
    > On April 20th Fox will release three variations of the Oscar nominated
    > Master & Commander: The Far Side Of The World. The first two, retailing for
    > $29.95 each are the regular anamorphic 2.40:1 and P&S sets. The third choice
    > is the deluxe two disc collector's edition for $39.95. With this edition the
    > extras are to included The Hundred Days, In The Wake Of O'Brian, Cinematic
    > Phasmids, Sound Design Featurette, Interactive Sound Recording Demo, Six
    > Deleted Scenes totaling over twenty minutes, The HBO First Look featurette,
    > Four multi-angle scene studies, Four Art Galleries, Domestic and
    > International Trailers, Teasers and Planet of The Apes 35th Anniversary
    > Trailer. The film is presented in both Dolby 5.1 and DTS audio.

    There is nothing as annoying as reading lists stuck together as
    paragraphs.
    -Rich

    Richard, Feb 12, 2004

  3. Doug MacLean

    SRT Guest

    > > On April 20th Fox will release three variations of the Oscar nominated
    > > Master & Commander: The Far Side Of The World. The first two, retailing

    for
    > > $29.95 each are the regular anamorphic 2.40:1 and P&S sets. The third

    choice
    > > is the deluxe two disc collector's edition for $39.95. With this edition

    the
    > > extras are to included The Hundred Days, In The Wake Of O'Brian,

    Cinematic
    > > Phasmids, Sound Design Featurette, Interactive Sound Recording Demo, Six
    > > Deleted Scenes totaling over twenty minutes, The HBO First Look

    featurette,
    > > Four multi-angle scene studies, Four Art Galleries, Domestic and
    > > International Trailers, Teasers and Planet of The Apes 35th Anniversary
    > > Trailer. The film is presented in both Dolby 5.1 and DTS audio.
    > >

    > There is nothing as annoying as reading lists stuck together as
    > paragraphs.
    > -Rich

    --DITTO-- the format of your posts are definitely not reader friendly. Glad
    to see somebody else finally comment on that. One alternative would be to
    just LIST the new releases and refer your readers to your web site for the
    specifics or details about the specs and special content (which by the way,
    is usually meaningless junk for the most part - like knowing that a release
    has "Four multi-angle scene studies" and "Four Art Galleries" is really
    going to make someone run out and buy that specific edition).

    srt

    SRT, Feb 14, 2004
  4. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    "SRT" <> wrote in message
    > "Richard" <> wrote in message
    > > "Doug MacLean" <> wrote in message

    > > > On April 20th Fox will release three variations of the Oscar nominated
    > > > Master & Commander: The Far Side Of The World. The first two,

    retailing
    > for
    > > > $29.95 each are the regular anamorphic 2.40:1 and P&S sets. The third

    > choice

    > --DITTO-- the format of your posts are definitely not reader friendly.

    Glad
    > to see somebody else finally comment on that. One alternative would be to
    > just LIST the new releases and refer your readers to your web site for the

    Always willing to listen to constructive comments. If you noticed I changed
    to a more list oriented format with the very next post. I hope this new
    format is easier on the eyes. Thank you for your comments.
    --

    Doug MacLean
    Home Theater Info

    Doug MacLean, Feb 14, 2004
  5. Doug MacLean

    SRT Guest

    > > --DITTO-- the format of your posts are definitely not reader friendly.

    > Glad
    > > to see somebody else finally comment on that. One alternative would be

    > > just LIST the new releases and refer your readers to your web site for

    the

    > Always willing to listen to constructive comments. If you noticed I

    changed
    > to a more list oriented format with the very next post. I hope this new
    > format is easier on the eyes. Thank you for your comments.
    > --
    >
    > Doug MacLean
    > Home Theater Info
    > http://www.hometheaterinfo.com
    > home of the web's most complete and frequently updated downloadable list
    > of all region one DVDs including out of print, future and current

    releases,
    > DVD Reviews and Home Theater Advice

    yes, you did good, I believe a definite improvement.

    srt

    SRT, Feb 21, 2004
  6. In article <OQLZb.14697$>,
    "SRT" <> writes:
    > "Doug MacLean" <> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > --DITTO-- the format of your posts are definitely not reader friendly.

    >> Glad
    >> > to see somebody else finally comment on that. One alternative would be

    >> > just LIST the new releases and refer your readers to your web site for

    > the
    >> >

    >> Always willing to listen to constructive comments. If you noticed I

    > changed
    >> to a more list oriented format with the very next post. I hope this new
    >> format is easier on the eyes. Thank you for your comments.

    > yes, you did good, I believe a definite improvement.

    I agree, I would almost always skip your posts since it was too
    difficult to find the DVD titles without careful reading. The list
    format is much better.

    David E. Bath, Feb 21, 2004