New Releases: Married...With Children, Nemo, more 2 packs: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB &

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Doug MacLean, Jul 31, 2003.

  1. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    Idem Home Video seems to be a new studio checking in. Their first set of
    releases are for those out there that enjoy swing music. Each will cost
    $29.98 and are already released. Included are Nat King Cole: Swing Era,
    George Shearing: Swing Era, Dinah Washington: Swing Era, Benny Goodman:
    Swing Era, Stan Kenton: Swing Era, Dizzy Gillespie: Swing Era, Duke
    Ellington In Hollywood: Swing Era and Sarah Vaughan: Swing Era.

    Universal is releasing what they are calling value packs on August 19th for
    $32.95. So far the titles include Carlito's Way/Mobsters: Value Pack,
    Scorpion King/The Mummy Returns: Value Pack, Big Lebowski/Half Baked: Value
    Pack, Deliver Us From Eva/The Best Man: Value Pack (5.1/DTS) and Fast & The
    Furious/Bring It On: Value Pack (5.1/DTS) all have anamorphic video.

    From Rhino: Pretenders: The Isle Of View, Battle Of The Planets: The
    Ultimate Box Set ($59.95) and Battle Of The Planets: The Ultimate Box W/Toy
    ($69.95) will street on September 9th. On September 23rd they have Attack Of
    The Killer Tomatoes ($14.95) and Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes (25th
    Anniversary/ Special Edition) ($24.95). The special edition is listed as
    featuring commentary by writer/director John DeBello, Co-star Steve peace,
    and "Creator" Costa Dillon; deleted scenes; 6 exclusive featurettes; Do They
    Accept Travelers Checks in Babusuland, the movie that inspired "Attack of
    the Killer Tomatoes", with commentary; Original theatrical trailer and Radio
    spots.

    MPI has some digitally re-mastered releases of Sherlock Holmes flicks from
    the early forties. The video is reported to be excellent, I'll let you know
    when I get my preview copies. Included are Sherlock Holmes: The Secret
    Weapon, Sherlock Holmes: Faces Death and Sherlock Holmes: In Washington. The
    release date is October 28th for $19.98.

    Shanachie has a couple of documentaries for release on September 23rd. Lau
    Of Malaita, The: The Lau Of The Solomon Islands and Masai Women: The Masai
    Of Kenya.

    Koch has some special interest discs due out on September 23rd. They are
    basically supplement discs without the films. Each will cost $7.98 and
    include Making Of Bullitt, Making Of The Ten Commandments, Making Of The
    Guns Of Navarone, Making Of Westworld and Making Of Lawrence Of Arabia. They
    include cast and crew interviews, making of featurettes, award show footage
    and other behind the scenes material.

    Koch also has set for release on September 23rd: Oscar's Black Odyssey: From
    Hattie To Halle, Riverdance: Live From Geneva and Daniel O'Donnell &
    Friends.

    A very preliminary announcement from Buena Vista that Finding Nemo will be
    released on November 4th. So far it looks like 5.1 audio and full screen but
    that is very subject to changes. The two disc set will be loaded with extras
    including a Pixar short, a tour of Pixar, a virtual aquarium, production
    features and galleries, a game, deleted scenes and more all for $29.98.

    Warner Brothers has listed Matrix (Special Edition/ Digi-Pack), the version
    with DTS audio as cancelled. The UPC is 085392456628. No information yet as
    to the ultimate fate of this release.

    Married...With Children (The Complete 1st Season) will be released by
    Columbia/TriStar on October 7th. It looks light on the extras according to
    this initial announcement but things can change. The suggested price is
    $29.98.

    There are several studios that seem to be out to make anime fans happy. From
    AnimEigo: Rupan III: The Fuma Conspiracy, You're Under Arrest: Box Set #1,
    Macross: Box Set #1 on August 26th. Lone Wolf And Cub: Baby Cart At The
    River Styx on September 9th and You're Under Arrest: Box Set #2 for
    September 23rd.

    Central Park Media has October 14th slated for DNA2 #5: Epiphany, DNA2
    Collection, Legend Of The Dragon Kings: Red Dragon, Patlabor: Mobile Police
    / Original Series Collection, Revolutionary Girl Utena: Revelation and Time
    Stranger.

    Media Blaster joins the fray with Space Pirate Mito: First Season
    Collection, Mirage Of Blaze 03: Darkness Descends, Samurai Deeper Kyo 03:
    The Sea Of Trees and Gun Frontier: Guns Blazing (Episodes 11-13) being
    released on October 28th.

    Media Blasters also has Flesh For The Beast being released on October 28th
    as both an 'R' rated and Unrated version, each with a $19.99 suggested
    price.

    Koch announced that Eddie Izzard: Circle will be released on September 23rd.
    Also on that date is Janice Beard 45 WPM and Intimacy. For September 9th the
    will release Legend Lives On: A Tribute To Bill Monroe and In Search Of
    Peace: Part One 1948-1967.

    A new studio Full Moon has Killer Eye and Creepozoids hitting the streets on
    September 9th. While the announcement stated Full Moon the prefix of the UPC
    was consistent with a release by Koch. The same prefix is used for Vampire
    Resurrection from Shadow Entertainment.

    in several formats as well as daily changes. The official list now
    features30,815 titles with 174 additions or changes and 574 Pre-Release
    announcements. The All Titles list has 31,389 titles. Recent releases
    include: Last Week 242, This Week 210 and Next Week 194 titles.

    Featured review this week is Dr. Strangelove, previews of Them, and Chicago
    DVDs. Recent film reviews include Daredevil, May, Phone Booth, Gangs of New
    York, It Came From Beneath the Sea, Children of Dune, The Hulk Original TV
    Pilot, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, , Killing Me Softly, Real
    Women Have Curves, The Day the Earth Stood Still , Invaders
    From Mars (1953), Usual Suspects and Gormenghast . Coming titles listed
    before all the specs are in can be found in a new list,
    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/pre-releases.htm

    Updated lists for discontinued, cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles
    as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and
    original release dates now being added to the database. There is also a
    greatly expanded list of titles that were rescheduled or reissued. Search
    function for the database, (now including UPC search) complements of site
    partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem
    (http://kazart.com/mec/DVDList2.html) and DVDLister.

    Updates to the DVD database, including release specs usually made twice
    daily.

    Please stop by and visit.
    Thank you.
    --
    Doug MacLean
    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com
    Doug MacLean, Jul 31, 2003

  2. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    "Scot Gardner" <> wrote in message
    > "Doug MacLean" <> wrote in message
    >
    > Doug:
    >
    > Your new site "Contents" map is terrific! Now, you have one single page
    > which catalogs everything on your site:

    Thank you Scott. It's been around for awhile now in response to some people
    that found the auto generated contents page a bit of a long download. Always
    willing to work on suggestions!
    --

    Doug MacLean
    Home Theater Info