New Releases: Marooned, BBC Alice in Wonderland, Pirates: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB &

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Doug MacLean, Sep 11, 2003.

  1. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    Warner Brother has two NC-17 rated dramas due out on November 4th. The
    Zalman King flick Delta Of Venus and Wide Sargasso Sea will be available for
    $19.98.

    A couple of technical specification updates. Blue Underground continues to
    demonstrate their dedication to quality with Mondo Cane Collection (Limited
    Edition) which has been confirmed as having the original mono sound track
    and anamorphic video. The aspect ration of the films range from 1.78:1 to
    2.35:1.

    For those of us of age to remember the first appearance of the Beatles on
    the Ed Sullivan show Goodtimes has captured these memories on DVD. Ed
    Sullivan Presents The Beatles comes to stores on October 28th for $29.95
    retail.

    On October 14th Warner Music will release Live & Swingin': The Ultimate Rat
    Pack Collection for $24.98.

    For those whose tastes lean more towards reggae there is Bob Marley:
    Spiritual Journey from Music Video Distributors.

    Anime continues to be a major genre for DVD with Central Park's December 2nd
    releases of Humanoid, Iczer Reborn, Legend Of The Dragon Kings: Iron Dragon
    and Spirit Warrior: Regent Of Darkness.

    Also on December 2nd from Pioneer are the anime titles Witch Hunter Robin
    #2: Belief, Heat Guy J #3: Sins Of The City and Master Keaton #4: Blood And
    Bullets.

    Don't try this at home, Red Distribution will release Out On Bail: The
    Steve-O Video #3 in both an R rated and Unrated form on October 21st for
    $19.98.

    Artisan has a few titles set for release on November 11th. Most are with a
    $14.98 suggested price and the initial announcements seem to indicate Dolby
    Stereo and full screen. Included are Cat Chaser, Criss Cross, Echo, Every
    Woman's Dream, Glory Years, Innocent Victims, Kiss Daddy Goodnight, Little
    Monsters, Snowy River: The McGregor Saga - The Race, Train Quest, Twister
    (1990), Would You Believe It? and Your Mother Wears Combat Boots. There is
    also Scheme (Special Edition) (confirmed for 5.1 audio and $19.98) and
    Tapped Out (also $19.98). They have also moved Gleaming The Cube to the
    cancelled list.

    Alpha Video has extended their $7.98 retail price line with a number of
    titles ready for release on November 27th. For those checking that is the
    atypical date of a Friday but it appears to be what they are doing. There
    are a lot of horror in this set but everything from westerns to silent
    dramas are represented. Included are; The Hand, Horrors Of Spider Island,
    Violent Years, Mill Of The Stone Woman, House Of Mystery, Bloody Brood,
    Seven Doors To Death, Beast Of The Yucca Flats, Corregidor, Intolerance (
    the D.W. Griffith classic silent film), Night Fright, 'Liane, Jungle
    Goddess', Black Book: The Reign Of Terror, Attack Of The Monsters, Cyrano De
    Bergerac (1950), Deadwood '76 and Great Guy.

    Buena Vista has come across with the UPC designation and official
    announcement for the summer hit Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the
    Black Pearl. The audio is going to be Dolby 5.1 with anamorphic 2.35:1
    video. There are three commentary tracks, one with audio commentary with
    director Gore Verbinski and star Johnny Depp and the other featuring
    producer Jerry Bruckheimer and the young actress Keira Knightley and finally
    a commentary with the screen writers Ted Elliot and Terry Rossio. There is a
    production commentary Epic at Sea, a featurette on the creation of the
    special effects and deleted scenes.

    From Columbia/Tri-Star a few titles some out there may want. November 18th
    brings Marooned, the SciFi thriller that predates the Apollo 13 reality by a
    few years with similar dire circumstances. There is also Sea Is Watching and
    the award wining documentary Winged Migration (Special Edition).

    Television comedy is also due out on November 18th from Columbia. King Of
    Queens: First Season ($39.95) and the ill-fated follow up to the smash
    theatrical film My Big Fat Greek Life: The Entire Series ($29.95).

    Home Vision has the 1966 BBC production of Alice In Wonderland set for
    release on November 18th. Also on that date are Brief Vacation and Pale
    Flower. Each is scheduled for a $29.98 price tag.

    in several formats as well as daily changes. The official list now
    features32,857 titles with 212 additions or changes and 492 Pre-Release
    announcements. The All Titles list has 33,349 titles. Recent releases
    include: Last Week 252, This Week 208 and Next Week 174 titles.

    Preview of Sopranos Season 4, Smallville and Scarface. Reviews of Kiss
    Symphony, Outer Limits Season 2, The Two Towers, Chicago and All That Jazz.
    Past film reviews include Wait Until Dark, Daredevil, Them, May, Phone
    Booth, Gangs of New York, It Came From Beneath the Sea, Spun, Killing Me
    Softly, Real Women Have Curves, The Day the Earth Stood Still , Them, Usual
    Suspects and Gormenghast . Coming titles listed before all the specs are in
    can be found in a new list, http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/pre-releases.htm

    Updated lists for discontinued, cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles
    as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and
    original release dates now being added to the database. There is also a
    greatly expanded list of titles that were rescheduled or reissued. Search
    function for the database, (now including UPC search) complements of site
    partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem
    (http://kazart.com/mec/DVDList2.html) and DVDLister.

    Updates to the DVD database, including release specs usually made twice
    daily.

    Please stop by and visit.
    Thank you.
    --
    Doug MacLean
    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com

    Doug MacLean, Sep 11, 2003

  2. Doug MacLean

    dsand Guest

    "Doug MacLean" wrote:

    > On October 14th Warner Music will release Live & Swingin': The Ultimate Rat
    > Pack Collection for $24.98.

    Hi Doug,

    Warner Vision is releasing in Europe several DVDs, and a couple of on-line retailers (MDT,
    Crotchet) indicate that these are to be NTSC. Would you have any way of finding out
    whether Warner intends to issue these DVDs in the U.S. and if so, when? The DVDs are:

    Andrea Chenier (1985)
    Arabella (1984)
    Les Contes d'Hoffmann (1981)
    La Fanciulla del West (1983)
    Die Fledermaus (1984)
    The Makropulos Case (1985)
    Manon Lescaut (1983)
    Peter Grimes (1981)

    I've checked their website and there isn't any information -- it states the website is
    still under construction.

    Thanks,
    Dana

    dsand, Sep 12, 2003

  3. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    "dsand" <> wrote in message
    > "Doug MacLean" wrote:
    >
    > > On October 14th Warner Music will release Live & Swingin': The Ultimate

    Rat
    > > Pack Collection for $24.98.

    > Hi Doug,
    >
    > Warner Vision is releasing in Europe several DVDs, and a couple of on-line

    retailers (MDT,
    > Crotchet) indicate that these are to be NTSC. Would you have any way of

    finding out
    > whether Warner intends to issue these DVDs in the U.S. and if so, when?

    The DVDs are:

    > Andrea Chenier (1985)
    > Arabella (1984)
    > Les Contes d'Hoffmann (1981)
    > La Fanciulla del West (1983)
    > Die Fledermaus (1984)
    > The Makropulos Case (1985)
    > Manon Lescaut (1983)
    > Peter Grimes (1981)
    >
    > I've checked their website and there isn't any information -- it states

    the website is
    > still under construction.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Dana

    Hi Dana,

    I can ask the studio rep later today. When I get some information I'll be
    sure to let you know.

    --

    Doug MacLean
    Home Theater Info

    Doug MacLean, Sep 12, 2003
  4. Doug MacLean

    dsand Guest

    "Doug MacLean" <> wrote
    > Hi Dana,
    >
    > I can ask the studio rep later today. When I get some information I'll be
    > sure to let you know.

    Thanks so much, Doug.

    Dana

    dsand, Sep 12, 2003