New releases: M*A*S*H s9, more Criterion & CSI: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Doug MacLean, Sep 6, 2005.

  1. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    Coming from A.D. Vision on October 4th:
    Aquarian Age #1 - 3: The Complete Collection
    Farscape Season #2, Collection. #3 (Starburst Edition)

    Announced by Buena Vista:
    October 25th:
    Nightmare Before Christmas (Movie-Only Edition/ UMD)

    November 15th:
    Adventures Of Sharkboy And Lavagirl (UMD)
    Clerks (Movie-Only Edition/ UMD)
    Crow (Movie-Only Edition/ UMD)
    Incredibles (Widescreen/ UMD)

    December 6th
    Power Rangers S.P.D. #4: Boom
    Power Rangers S.P.D. #5: Zapped

    December 26th:
    Dark Water (2005/ PG-13 Version/ Pan & Scan)
    Dark Water (2005/ Unrated Version/ Widescreen)

    January 17th:
    Dead Poets Society (Special Edition)
    Good Morning, Vietnam (Special Edition)

    November 8th brings a few titles from Columbia/Tri-Star:
    Christmas With The Kranks
    Jumanji (Deluxe Edition/ w 3-Inch Mini UMD)
    Yes

    Criterion is adding to their collection series on November 15th:
    Pickpocket (Special Edition)
    Ran (Criterion/ Special Edition)
    Tales Of Hoffman
    Ugetsu (Special Edition)

    Fox has a number ot titles due for release over the next few months:
    October 4th:
    Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Spike: Love Is Hell

    November 15th:
    Tru Calling: The Complete 2nd Season

    December 6th:
    24: Season 4 (Special Edition)
    Dark Corner (Special Edition)
    Garfield And Friends, Vol..5
    Garfield: The Movie (Purrrfect Collector Edition)
    Kiss Of Death (1947/ Special Edition)
    M*A*S*H (MASH): Season #9 (Collector's Edition)
    Pet Alien Lighter Side Of Doom
    Where The Sidewalk Ends (Special Edition)

    December 13th:
    Next Stop, Greenwich Village
    Puddle Cruiser (Special Edition)
    Reba: The Complete 2nd Season
    Thunder And Lightning

    December 27th:
    Shield: The Complete 4th Season

    Universal has some titles announced for release soon:
    November 15th:
    8 Mile (UMD)
    Bourne Supremacy (UMD)
    Carlito's Way: Rise To Power (UMD)
    Happy Gilmore (UMD)

    November 29th:
    Jurassic Park Adventure Park

    December 20th
    Frankie & Johnny Are Married

    Buena Vista has announced the December 6th release of:
    Power Rangers SPD Volume 4: Boom
    Power Rangers SPD Volume 5: Zapped
    Each disc will retail for $19.95.

    Columbia/Tri-Star has several new titles coming soon:
    November 1st:
    Fifth Element (UMD)
    Good Times (1974): The Complete 1st Season(UMD)
    Sanford And Son: The 1st Season (UMD)

    November 8th:
    Jumanji (Deluxe Edition/ w 3-Inch Mini UMD)
    Yes

    Just announced for release by Goodtimes:
    November 1st:
    12 Days Of Christmas (Alternate UPC)
    Aladdin (1986/ En Espanol)
    Beauty And The Beast (1993/ En Espanol)
    Christmas Carol (1994/ En Espanol)
    Cinderella (1994/ En Espanol)
    Greatest Heroes And Legends Of The Bible: The Apostles (En Espanol)
    Greatest Heroes And Legends Of The Bible: The Last Supper, Crucifiction, And
    Ressurection (En Espanol)
    Greatest Heroes And Legends Of The Bible: The Miracles Of Jesus (En Espanol)
    Greatest Heroes And Legends Of The Bible: The Nativity (En Espanol)
    Greatest Heroes And Legends Of The Bible: The Story Of Moses (En Espanol)
    Jungle Book (2002/ En Espanol)
    Leo The Lion: King Of The Jungle (En Espanol)
    Little Mermaid (1997/ En Espanol)
    Magic Gift Of the Snowman (En Espanol)
    Megiddo: The Omega Code 2 (En Espanol)
    Pinocchio (1992/ En Espanol)
    Pocahontas (1994/ En Espanol)
    Pocahontas: The Legend (En Espanol)
    Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer: The Movie (En Espanol)
    Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer: The Island Of Misfit Toys (En Espanol)
    Thumbelina (UNK/ Goodtimes/ En Espanol)
    Toy Shop (En Espanol)

    November 8th:
    Boyfriend For Christmas
    Carol Christmas
    Single Santa Seeks Mrs. Claus

    December 6th:
    Adventure Collection
    Enchantment Collection
    Kung Fu Collection (Box Set)
    Lesle Sansone: Walk Diet
    Superhero Collection
    TV Laugh Pack

    MGM/UA has a number of releases announced for the coming weeks:
    October 25th:
    Species (UMD)
    Terminator (Movie-Only Edition/ MGM/UA UMD)

    November 1st:
    Mad Max (Special Edition/ MGM/UA/ UMD)
    Ronin (UMD)

    November 8th:
    Blizzard
    Burn!
    Dry White Season
    Fugitive Kind
    Missouri Breaks
    Rock-A-Doodle (MGM/UA)

    November 22nd brings some new releases from Paramount:
    Aeon Flux: The Complete Animated Collection
    Andy Griffith Show (Paramount): The Complete 1st - 4th Seasons
    Andy Griffith Show (Paramount): The Complete 4th Season
    CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: Miami: The Complete 1st - 3rd Seasons
    CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: Miami: The Complete 3rd Season
    CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: The Complete 1st - 5th Seasons
    CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: The Complete 5th Season
    Honeymooners (2005)
    King Kong (1976)

    Leave It To Beaver (1957): The Complete 1st Season (Limited Lunchbox
    Edition) will be released by Universal on November 22nd listing for $69.95.

    Newly added to Warner Brothers release list:
    November 8th:
    Dungeons & Dragons 2: The Elemental Might / Dungeons & Dragons (Special
    Edition) (Back-To-Back)
    Dungeons & Dragons 2: The Elemental Might / Dungeons & Dragons (Special
    Edition) (Side-By-Side)
    Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath Of The Dragon God

    December 6th:
    Batman: The Animated Series, Vol. 1 - 4 (Box Set/ DigiPak)
    Superman: The Animated Series, Vol. 1 & 2
    Thundercats: Season 1, Vol. 1 & 2
    Thundercats: Season 1, Vol. 2, Disc 1 - 2
    Thundercats: Season 1, Vol. 2, Disc 3 - 4
    Thundercats: Season 1, Vol. 2, Disc 5 - 6

    in several formats as well as daily changes. Currently the main database
    contains 70,156 titles. Changes and additions this week number 1,448 and
    there are 3,309 due to be released titles. Updated lists for discontinued,
    cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX
    and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and original release dates are included in
    the fields. There is also a comprehensive list of titles that were
    rescheduled or reissued. Search function for the database, (including UPC
    search) complements of site partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem
    http://www.dvdlist.kazart.com.

    Current previews include Desperate Housewives, Smallville Season 4, Crash
    (2004) and Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Recent reviews include Lost:
    Season One, Ring 2, Punk: Attitude, Six Feet Under Season 4, Sin City, Brown
    Bunny, Greatest American Hero: Season 3, Dead Like Me: Season 2, Million
    Dollar Baby, Admissions, Prozac Nation, Fantastic Four (1994 Animated),
    Columbo Season 3, McMillan and Wife Season One, McCloud Seasons 1 & 2,
    Phantom of the Opera (2004), Blade Trinity and Book of Love (2004). Updates
    to the DVD database, including release specifications usually made twice
    daily.

    Please stop by and visit.
    Thank you.

    Doug MacLean

    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/
    Doug MacLean, Sep 6, 2005

  2. Doug MacLean

    Black Locust Guest

    In article <tt9Te.29363$>,
    "Doug MacLean" <> wrote:

    > November 15th:
    > Tru Calling: The Complete 2nd Season

    Or you can just go to Best Buy and get it now.
    Black Locust, Sep 6, 2005

  3. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    "Black Locust" <> wrote in message
    > In article <tt9Te.29363$>,
    > "Doug MacLean" <> wrote:
    >
    >> November 15th:
    >> Tru Calling: The Complete 2nd Season

    > Or you can just go to Best Buy and get it now.
    > --
    > "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we.
    > They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our
    > people,
    > and neither do we." - George Dumbya Bush

    Season one is already out but the second season is not scheduled until
    November 15th. The last I heard from the studio this date has not been
    changed. Thank you for the info, I'll have to double check to see if the
    date was pushed up.

    --
    Doug MacLean
    Home Theater Info
    Doug MacLean, Sep 13, 2005
  4. Doug MacLean

    jayembee Guest

    "Doug MacLean" <> wrote:

    > "Black Locust" <> wrote:
    >> "Doug MacLean" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> November 15th:
    >>> Tru Calling: The Complete 2nd Season

    >> Or you can just go to Best Buy and get it now.

    > Season one is already out but the second season is not scheduled until
    > November 15th. The last I heard from the studio this date has not been
    > changed. Thank you for the info, I'll have to double check to see if the
    > date was pushed up.

    Best Buy has been making deals with some of the studios to have a window in
    which they have an exclusive edition of some titles. TRU CALLING: Season 2 is
    one of them. The Best Buy Exclusive Edition came out on August 2nd.

    Among the other BBEEs are BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER: The Best of Spike (July 5),
    BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: Season 1 (July 26), and SPACE: ABOVE AND BEYOND: The
    Complete Series (Sept 6).

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Sep 13, 2005
  5. Doug MacLean

    Frank Sereno Guest

    Re: New releases: M*A*S*H s9, more Criterion & CSI: Updated completedownloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists

    jayembee wrote:
    > "Doug MacLean" <> wrote:

    >>>Or you can just go to Best Buy and get it now.

    >>Season one is already out but the second season is not scheduled until
    >>November 15th. The last I heard from the studio this date has not been
    >>changed. Thank you for the info, I'll have to double check to see if the
    >>date was pushed up.

    > Best Buy has been making deals with some of the studios to have a window in
    > which they have an exclusive edition of some titles. TRU CALLING: Season 2 is
    > one of them. The Best Buy Exclusive Edition came out on August 2nd.
    >
    > Among the other BBEEs are BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER: The Best of Spike (July 5),
    > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: Season 1 (July 26), and SPACE: ABOVE AND BEYOND: The
    > Complete Series (Sept 6).
    >
    > -- jayembee

    Best Buy has also been making deals for exclusive content. At least one
    season of the Highlander series had interviews and other extras that
    were not available if the sets were purchased from another vendor, not
    even directly from Panzer-Davis.
    Frank Sereno, Sep 14, 2005
  6. NunYa Bidness, Sep 14, 2005
  7. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    "jayembee" <> wrote in message
    > "Doug MacLean" <> wrote:

    >>> Or you can just go to Best Buy and get it now.

    >> Season one is already out but the second season is not scheduled until
    >> November 15th. The last I heard from the studio this date has not been
    >> changed. Thank you for the info, I'll have to double check to see if the
    >> date was pushed up.

    > Best Buy has been making deals with some of the studios to have a window
    > in
    > which they have an exclusive edition of some titles. TRU CALLING: Season 2
    > is
    > one of them. The Best Buy Exclusive Edition came out on August 2nd.
    >
    > Among the other BBEEs are BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER: The Best of Spike
    > (July 5),
    > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: Season 1 (July 26), and SPACE: ABOVE AND BEYOND: The
    > Complete Series (Sept 6).
    >
    > -- jayembee

    Thanks for the update, that's interesting. It looks like I'll have to have a
    little chat with the studio reps I deal with!

    --
    Doug MacLean
    Home Theater Info
    Doug MacLean, Sep 14, 2005