New releases: Lost S3, Perfect Stranger & Veronica Mars: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & i

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Doug MacLean, Jun 12, 2007.

  1. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    Anchor Bay has made some announcements.
    August 7th:
    10 Minute Solution: Prenatal Pilates
    10 Minute Solution: Tone Trouble Zones
    Come As You Are
    Gettin' It
    Music In Exile
    Roseanne: The Complete 8th Season

    August 14th:
    Masters Of Horror: Mick Garris: Valerie On The Stairs
    Masters Of Horror: Tom Holland: We All Scream For Ice Cream

    August 28th:
    East Side Story
    Erik The Conqueror
    Leslie Sansone: Power Walk 3 Mile
    Leslie Sansone: Walk & Firm
    Martin Lawrence's First Amendment
    Masters Of Horror: Season 1, Box Set, Vol. 1
    Masters Of Horror: Season 1, Box Set, Vol. 2

    Buena Vista has a few titles some television season sets many may find
    interesting.
    August 21st:
    Ugly Betty: The Complete 1st Season (The Bettyfied Edition)
    Ugly Betty: The Complete 1st Season (The Bettyfied Edition/ En Espanol)

    September 4th:
    Desperate Housewives: The Complete 3rd Season (The Dirty Laundry Edition)
    Desperate Housewives: The Complete 3rd Season (The Dirty Laundry Edition/
    Espanol)
    Remember The Titans (PG Rated Version/ Widescreen/ Blu-ray)

    September 11th:
    Grey's Anatomy: The Complete 3rd Season (Seriously Extended)

    September 18th:
    Brothers & Sisters: The Complete 1st Season

    September 25th:
    What About Brian: The Complete Series

    December 11th:
    Lost (2004): The Complete 3rd Season (The Unexplored Experience)

    Coming soon from Columbia/Tri-Star.
    August 14th:
    Dark Crystal (Anniversary Edition)
    Labyrinth (Anniversary Edition)
    Taxi Driver (Limited Collector's Edition)

    August 21st:
    Berenstain Bears: Get Organized!
    Immortal Beloved (Blu-ray)
    It's A Big, Big, World: Time For Bed
    It's A Big, Big, World: Using Your Senses
    Perfect Stranger (Pan & Scan)
    Perfect Stranger (Widescreen)
    Perfect Stranger (Widescreen/ Blu-ray Hi-Def DVD: English Subtitles, French
    Subtitles, Widescreen)
    Perfect Stranger (Widescreen/ UMD)
    Til Death: The Complete 1st Season

    DreamWorks has Blades of Glory on August 28th in several formats; Pan & Scan
    Widescreen, Blu ray and HD-DVD.

    Fox has also added to their release list.
    September 4th:
    Garfield And Friends: Dreams & Schemes
    It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia: Seasons 1 & 2
    Prison Break (2005): Season 2

    September 11th:
    Bones (2005): Season 2
    Casper Meets Wendy (Family Fun Edition)
    Even Money
    Fantastic Four (2006): World's Greatest Heroes, Vol. 2
    Goosebumps: It Came From Beneath The Sink
    Goosebumps: Night Of The Living Dummy
    Goosebumps: Say Cheese And Die

    September 18th:
    Beyond The Gates (R-Rated Version)
    Beyond The Gates (Unrated Version)
    Boston Legal: Season 3
    Commando (Director's Cut)
    Family Guy, Vol. 5
    Wall Street (20th Anniversary Edition)

    September 25th:
    My Name Is Earl: Season 2
    TV Set
    Unit: Season 2

    Lion's Gate has made the following announcements for August 28th:
    Grandes Comediantes, Vol. 1
    Grandes Luchadores, Vol. 1
    I Love Miami
    Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Friends: Bug-A-Boo Day Play

    And from the Lyons Group for September 11th:
    Barney: Dino-Mite Birthday
    Bob The Builder: Scrambler To The Rescue
    Bob The Builder: Scrambler To The Rescue (w/ Toy)
    Fraggle Rock: Season 3

    Just announced for release from Paramout.
    August 7th:
    Beneath

    August 14th:
    Amazing Johnathan: Wrong On Every Level (Uncensored Version)
    Brian Regan: Standing Up
    Shooter (Widescreen) / Four Brothers (Widescreen/ Special Edition) (2-Pack)

    August 17th:
    Barnyard (Pan & Scan/ Party Animal Book Cover Promo)
    Barnyard (Widescreen/ Party Animal Book Cover Promo)
    Charlotte's Web (2006/ Pan & Scan/ Party Animal Book Cover Promo)
    Charlotte's Web (2006/ Widescreen/ Party Animal Book Cover Promo)
    Flushed Away (Pan & Scan/ Party Animal Book Cover Promo)
    Flushed Away (Widescreen/ Party Animal Book Cover Promo)
    Madagascar (Pan & Scan/ Party Animal Book Cover)
    Madagascar (Widescreen/ Party Animal Book Cover Promo)
    Over The Hedge (Pan & Scan/ Party Animal Book Cover Promo)
    Over The Hedge (Widescreen/ Party Animal Book Cover Promo)

    August 21st:
    South Park: The Complete 10th Season

    August 28th:
    Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide: Field Trips, Permission Slips, And
    Weasels

    September 4th:
    Bosom Buddies: The 1st & 2nd Seasons: The Complete Series
    Cheech And Chong's Up In Smoke (High-larious Edition)
    Demetri Martin. Person.
    Football Double Feature: Longest Yard (2005) / Varsity Blues
    Football Triple Feature: Necessary Roughness / North Dallas Forty / Longest
    Yard (1974/ Lockdown Edition)
    Naked Brothers Band: Battle Of The Bands
    Zodiac (2007/ Widescreen) / Primal Fear (Special Edition) (2-Pack)

    September 11th:
    Charmed: The Complete 1st - 8th Seasons: The Complete Series Pack
    Charmed: The Complete 8th Season: The Final Season
    Wonder Pets: Save The Unicorn!

    September 18th:
    Backyardigans: Super Secret Super Spy
    Ghost Whisperer: The Complete 2nd Season

    Universal has some titles for release.
    July 31st:
    Hot Fuzz (Pan & Scan)
    Hot Fuzz (Widescreen)
    Hot Fuzz (Widescreen/ HD-DVD)

    August 28th:
    Curious George Takes A Job And More Monkey Business
    Dawn Of The Dead (2004/ Widescreen/ HD-DVD)
    Notting Hill (HD-DVD)

    September 18th:
    Arnold Schwarzenegger: Comedy Favorites Collection:Twins / Kindergarten Cop
    / Junior
    John Candy: Comedy Favorites Collection: Uncle Buck / Great Outdoors / Going
    Beserk

    September 25th:
    Dawn Of The Dead (2004/ Widescreen) / Land Of The Dead (2 Movie Collection)
    Great Northfield Minnesota Raid

    Also some new announcements from Warner Brothers.
    July 24th:
    Out For Justice (Blu-ray)
    Out For Justice (HD-DVD)
    Purple Rain (Blu-ray)
    Purple Rain (HD-DVD)

    August 7th:
    TMNT (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
    TMNT (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/ Blu-ray)
    TMNT (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/ DVD & HD-DVD Combo)

    August 14th:
    Best Of Blu-ray, Vol. 1: Blazing Saddles / Departed / Goodfellas / Superman
    Returns
    Best Of Blu-ray, Vol. 2: Fugitive (1993) / Last Samurai (2003) / Phantom Of
    The Opera (2004) / Unforgiven (1992)
    Best Of Blu-ray, Vol. 3: Blazing Saddles / Departed / Goodfellas / Superman
    Returns
    Best Of HD-DVD, Vol. 1: Lethal Weapon / Road Warrior / Swordfish / Training
    Day
    Best Of HD-DVD, Vol. 2: Fugitive (1993) / Last Samurai (2003) / Phantom Of
    The Opera (2004) / Unforgiven (1992)
    Best Of HD-DVD, Vol. 3: Blazing Saddles / Departed / Goodfellas / Superman
    Returns

    September 4th:
    History Of Wisconsin Football
    NFL America's Game: Dallas Cowboys
    NFL America's Game: Pittsburgh Steelers
    NFL America's Game: San Francisco 49ers
    NFL Indianapolis Colts: Road To XLI Collector's Edition

    September 11th:
    Supernatural: The Complete 1st & 2nd Seasons

    September 18th:
    NFL America's Game: Denver Broncos
    NFL America's Game: Miami Dolphins
    NFL America's Game: New York Giants

    October 10th:
    NFL America's Game: Green Bay Packers
    NFL America's Game: New England Patriots
    NFL America's Game: Raiders
    NFL America's Game: Washington Redskins

    October 23rd:
    Veronica Mars: The Complete 3rd Season

    in several formats as well as daily changes. Currently the main database
    contains 112,380 titles. 390 Changes and additions this week number there
    are 2,771 due to be released titles. Updated lists for discontinued,
    cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX
    and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and original release dates are included in
    the fields. There is also a comprehensive list of titles that were
    rescheduled or reissued. Search function for the database, (including
    UPCsearch) complements of site partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem
    http://www.dvdlist.kazart.com.

    Current previews include: Black Snake Moan, Girl Positive, Deadwood: Season
    3, Ghost Rider, Hannibal Rising, Ice Road Truckers (THC), Star Wars: The
    Legacy Revealed (THC), Scareface (1932). Recent reviews include: Kyle XY:
    Season 1, Scrubs: Season 5, Diggers, Breaking and Entering, Because I Said
    So, Ironside: Season One, The 4400: Season Three, Dreamgirls Dinosaurs:
    Seasons 3 & 4, Alpha Dog & Beverly Hills, 90210 Season 2, The Queen & Deja
    Vu, Payback, Flannel Pajamas, Last King of Scottland, Freedom Writers,
    Flannel Pajamas, Payback & Bobby. Updates to the DVD database,including
    release specifications usually made twice daily.

    Please stop by and visit.
    Thank you.

    --
    Doug MacLean
    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com

    Doug MacLean, Jun 12, 2007

  2. Doug MacLean

    JackShephard Guest

    On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 01:27:21 -0400, "Doug MacLean"
    <> wrote:

    >December 11th:
    >Lost (2004): The Complete 3rd Season (The Unexplored Experience)

    Why title your post "new releases" when this is over half a year away,
    dingledorf?

    You should at least consider something which more closely approximates
    fact, like Up-n-coming releases or such.

    Jeez, one would think that with the episodes already being digitized
    that ABC could get it out quicker. They sure as hell would sell a LOT
    more units if they pumped it out in July!

    JackShephard, Jun 13, 2007

  3. On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 17:21:31 -0700, JackShephard
    <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 01:27:21 -0400, "Doug MacLean"
    ><> wrote:
    >

    >>December 11th:
    >>Lost (2004): The Complete 3rd Season (The Unexplored Experience)

    > Why title your post "new releases" when this is over half a year away,
    >dingledorf?
    >
    > You should at least consider something which more closely approximates
    >fact, like Up-n-coming releases or such.
    >
    > Jeez, one would think that with the episodes already being digitized
    >that ABC could get it out quicker. They sure as hell would sell a LOT
    >more units if they pumped it out in July!

    Doug posts all new announcements, he has a list at his site for the
    details.

    I suspect the reason for the wait is to sell the 3rd season just prior
    to the beginning of the 4th season.

    grant kinsley, Jun 13, 2007
  4. Doug MacLean

    Hank Guest

    Rumor has it that grant kinsley put forth the following:

    >I suspect the reason for the wait is to sell the 3rd season just prior
    >to the beginning of the 4th season.

    I think the fact that a certain major gift giving holiday is right after the
    scheduled release date (Dec 11) just *might* have something to do with it, too.

    --

    Hank
    Dallas, TX "Religion is a smile on a dog..." (New Bohs)

    Hank, Jun 14, 2007
  5. Doug MacLean

    JackShephard Guest

    On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 23:00:32 GMT, Hank
    <> wrote:

    >Rumor has it that grant kinsley put forth the following:
    >

    >>I suspect the reason for the wait is to sell the 3rd season just prior
    >>to the beginning of the 4th season.

    >I think the fact that a certain major gift giving holiday is right after the
    >scheduled release date (Dec 11) just *might* have something to do with it, too.

    And I DO NOT care. I STILL say that if they released it in July, they
    would garner far far more sales. AB-SO-FUCKIN-LUTELY.

    JackShephard, Jun 14, 2007
  6. Doug MacLean

    GMAN Guest

    In article <>, JackShephard <> wrote:
    >On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 23:00:32 GMT, Hank
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Rumor has it that grant kinsley put forth the following:
    >>

    >>>I suspect the reason for the wait is to sell the 3rd season just prior
    >>>to the beginning of the 4th season.

    >>I think the fact that a certain major gift giving holiday is right after the
    >>scheduled release date (Dec 11) just *might* have something to do with it,

    > too.
    >

    > And I DO NOT care. I STILL say that if they released it in July, they
    >would garner far far more sales. AB-SO-FUCKIN-LUTELY.

    most people are spending money on vacations and summer activities. The summer
    months are very slow times for video sales. This is also why most shows arent
    first run in the summer months. people are outside playing etc....

    Once it gets colder outside and most start to hibernate upfront of their TV
    sets for the winter, all of the summer blockbuster movies and series from last
    season comes out for xmas presales.

    GMAN, Jun 15, 2007
  7. Doug MacLean

    JackShephard Guest

    On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 06:05:18 GMT, (GMAN)
    wrote:

    >In article <>, JackShephard <> wrote:
    >>On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 23:00:32 GMT, Hank
    >><> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Rumor has it that grant kinsley put forth the following:

    >>>I think the fact that a certain major gift giving holiday is right after the
    >>>scheduled release date (Dec 11) just *might* have something to do with it,

    >> too.
    >>

    >> And I DO NOT care. I STILL say that if they released it in July, they
    >>would garner far far more sales. AB-SO-FUCKIN-LUTELY.

    >most people are spending money on vacations and summer activities. The summer
    >months are very slow times for video sales. This is also why most shows arent
    >first run in the summer months. people are outside playing etc....
    >
    > Once it gets colder outside and most start to hibernate upfront of their TV
    >sets for the winter, all of the summer blockbuster movies and series from last
    >season comes out for xmas presales.

    Trust me... demand for "Lost" would be there. Huge demand.

    JackShephard, Jun 15, 2007