New Releases: Lost in Space, Pirates Of The Caribbean and more TV: Complete updated R1 DVD DB & info

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Doug MacLean, Aug 24, 2004.

  1. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    Fox will release Lost In Space: Season 2, Vol. 1 on September 14th. The list
    price for this box set will be $39.95. Lost In Space: Season 2, Vol. 2 will
    follow on November 30th.

    Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Season #7 (Special Edition) will hit the streets
    care of Fox on November 16th. The announced technical specifications are the
    same as the previous editions with a retail price of $59.95.

    Fox has Tru Calling: Season One ready for release on November 30th. It looks
    like stereo audio and full frame listing for $59.95.

    Daredevil (Director's Cut) will be released by Fox on November 30th. This is
    the 124 minute version of the film that features commentary with Mark Steven
    Johnson and Ari Avid. Also included is a making of featurette and both a
    Dolby 5.1 and DTS audio. The list price is $19.95.

    Fox has M*A*S*H (MASH): Season #7 (Collector's Edition) due out on December
    12th. The retail price was given as $39.95.

    Also on December 12th are:
    24: Season #3 (Special Edition) ($69.95)
    Garfield And Friends, Volume 2 ($39.95)

    Rounding out the announcements from Fox is King Of The Hill: Season 3
    (Special Edition) on December 28th for $39.95.

    Warner Brothers has some two packs coming on November 16th. All are set with
    the lower than normal price of 16.98. Included are:
    Blade Runner: (Director's Cut) / The Fugitive (Special Edition)
    (Back-To-Back)
    Insomnia (2002/ Special Edition/ Widescreen) / Devil's Advocate (Special
    Edition) (Side-By-Side)
    Batman Beyond: The Return Of The Joker / Batman Beyond: The Movie
    (Back-To-Back)
    Challenge Of The SuperFriends: Attack Of The Legion Of Doom / Challenge Of
    The SuperFriends: United They Stand (Side-By-Side)
    Collateral Damage (Special Edition) / Exit Wounds (Side-By-Side)
    Heartbreak Ridge / Blood Work (Widescreen)
    Batman The Animated Series / Justice League (Back-To-Back)
    Scooby-Doo 2-Pack: Scooby-Doo's Original Mysteries / Scooby-Doo's Spookiest
    Tales (Side-By-Side)
    Two Weeks Notice / Divine Secrets Of The Ya-Ya Sisterhood (2 Pack)
    Thirteen Days / 15 Minutes (2 Pack)
    Training Day / Swordfish (2 Pack)
    Thin Line Between Love & Hate / Love Jones (2 Pack)
    You've Got Mail / Joe Versus The Volcano (2 Pack)
    Ocean's Eleven / Knockaround Guys (2 Pack)
    Rush Hour / Little Nicky (2 Pack)
    Perfect Storm / Deep Blue Sea (2 Pack)

    Also on November 16th Warner Brothers has the animated cult hit Space Ghost
    Coast To Coast: Volume 2 retailing for $29.98.

    On Movember 2nd Warner Brothers will release West Wing: The Complete 3rd
    Season retailing for $59.98.

    For hockey fans Warner Brothers will release a couple for your enjoyment:
    NHL: Mark Messier: Leader, Champion, And Legend (Special Edition) ($19.95)
    NHL: Ultimate Gretzky (Special Edition) ($49.95)

    Pirates Of The Caribbean: The Curse Of The Black Pearl (Special Edition)
    will be released by Buena Vista on November 2nd. It will feature Dolby 5.1
    and anamorphic video and will retail for $29.98. The extras where given as
    inclding:
    19 Deleted & Alternate Scenes
    Blooper Reel
    Multiple Audio Commentaries: Gore Verbinski and Johnny Depp; Jerry
    Bruckheimer; Keira Knightley and Jack Davenport; Writers Ted Elliot & Terry
    Rossio and Stuart Beattie and Jay Wolpert
    "An Epic At Sea": The Making of Pirates
    "Moonlight Serenade": Scene Progression
    "Below Deck": An Interactive History of Pirates
    "Fly on the Set": Featurette
    "Diary of a Pirate"
    "Diary of a Ship" Video Journal
    Producer's Diary with Jerry Bruckheimer
    Image Galleries
    Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color
    THX Certified

    Turner Home Entertainment will release Aqua Teen Hunger Force: Volume 3 on
    November 16th listing for $29.98.

    Also on November 16th New Line will release Jason X (Special Edition) /
    Nightmare On Elm Street (Special Edition) (2-Pack) with a retail price of
    $18.98.

    in several formats as well as daily changes. Currently the main database
    contains 48,587 titles. Changes and additions this week number 746 and there
    are 2,876 due to be released titles. Updated lists for discontinued,
    cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX
    and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and original release dates are included in
    the fields. There is also a comprehensive list of titles that were
    rescheduled or reissued. Search function for the database, (including UPC
    search) complements of site partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem
    http://www.dvdlist.kazart.com.

    Current previews include THX-1138, The Punisher and Videodrome. Recent
    reviews include Girl Next Door Unrated, Gia Unrated, Duel, Sugarland
    Express, Goodfellas, Godsend, Kill Bill Volume 2, Predator, Sliders: Seasons
    1 & 2, Knight Rider Season 1, Hellboy, The Apprentice, Night Gallery and
    The Dreamers. Updates to the DVD database, including release specifications
    usually made twice daily.

    Please stop by and visit.
    Thank you.

    Doug MacLean
    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/
    Doug MacLean, Aug 24, 2004

  2. Doug MacLean

    Manda Guest

    "Doug MacLean" <> wrote:

    > Pirates Of The Caribbean: The Curse Of The Black Pearl (Special
    > Edition) will be released by Buena Vista on November 2nd. It will
    > feature Dolby 5.1 and anamorphic video and will retail for $29.98. The
    > extras where given as inclding:
    > 19 Deleted & Alternate Scenes
    > Blooper Reel
    > Multiple Audio Commentaries: Gore Verbinski and Johnny Depp; Jerry
    > Bruckheimer; Keira Knightley and Jack Davenport; Writers Ted Elliot &
    > Terry Rossio and Stuart Beattie and Jay Wolpert
    > "An Epic At Sea": The Making of Pirates
    > "Moonlight Serenade": Scene Progression
    > "Below Deck": An Interactive History of Pirates
    > "Fly on the Set": Featurette
    > "Diary of a Pirate"
    > "Diary of a Ship" Video Journal
    > Producer's Diary with Jerry Bruckheimer
    > Image Galleries
    > Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color
    > THX Certified

    So in other words, exactly the same as the current release. What's the deal
    here?

    Manda
    Manda, Aug 24, 2004

  3. Doug MacLean

    Jim Burgan Guest

    > > Pirates Of The Caribbean: The Curse Of The Black Pearl (Special
    > > Edition) will be released by Buena Vista on November 2nd. It will
    > > feature Dolby 5.1 and anamorphic video and will retail for $29.98. The
    > > extras where given as inclding:
    > > 19 Deleted & Alternate Scenes
    > > Blooper Reel
    > > Multiple Audio Commentaries: Gore Verbinski and Johnny Depp; Jerry
    > > Bruckheimer; Keira Knightley and Jack Davenport; Writers Ted Elliot &
    > > Terry Rossio and Stuart Beattie and Jay Wolpert
    > > "An Epic At Sea": The Making of Pirates
    > > "Moonlight Serenade": Scene Progression
    > > "Below Deck": An Interactive History of Pirates
    > > "Fly on the Set": Featurette
    > > "Diary of a Pirate"
    > > "Diary of a Ship" Video Journal
    > > Producer's Diary with Jerry Bruckheimer
    > > Image Galleries
    > > Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color
    > > THX Certified

    > So in other words, exactly the same as the current release. What's the

    deal
    > here?

    That's what I was thinking...
    Jim Burgan, Aug 24, 2004
  4. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    "Manda" <> wrote in message
    > "Doug MacLean" <> wrote:
    >

    > > Pirates Of The Caribbean: The Curse Of The Black Pearl (Special
    > > Edition) will be released by Buena Vista on November 2nd. It will

    > So in other words, exactly the same as the current release. What's the

    deal
    > here?
    >

    > Manda

    That is exactly what I asked the studio rep. As of yet I have not recieved a
    reply. When I do I'll post the response. It does have a different UPC,
    786936258752 instead of the one from the previous edition, 786936224306 and
    now (Special Edition) has been added to the title.

    --

    Doug MacLean
    Home Theater Info
    Doug MacLean, Aug 24, 2004
  5. Doug MacLean

    Mike Jackson Guest

    >> So in other words, exactly the same as the current release. What's the
    > deal
    >> here?

    > That is exactly what I asked the studio rep. As of yet I have not recieved
    > reply. When I do I'll post the response. It does have a different UPC,
    > 786936258752 instead of the one from the previous edition, 786936224306
    > and
    > now (Special Edition) has been added to the title.

    I don't recall if the existing release is THX-certified, but if they added
    that and dropped the DTS track, that's just lame.

    Mike Jackson
    Editor & Web Developer, DVD Verdict
    www.dvdverdict.com
    Mike Jackson, Aug 24, 2004
  6. Pirates of the Caribbean three-disc SE (was Re: New Releases: Lost in Space, Pirates Of The Caribbean and more TV: Complete updated R1 DVD DB & info lists) (was: New Releases: Lost in Space, Pirates Of The Caribbean and more TV: Complete updated

    Mike Jackson wrote:
    > I don't recall if the existing release is THX-certified, but if they added
    > that and dropped the DTS track, that's just lame.

    The existing _Pirates of the Caribbean_ two-disc set is THX-certified.

    I wonder if maybe the new three-disc set isn't just the current two-disc
    version with a soundtrack CD included.

    doug

    --
    "Darling, evolution's getting on my nerves..."
    --The Jazz Butcher Conspiracy
    Douglas Bailey, Aug 24, 2004
  7. Doug MacLean

    GMAN Guest

    In article <TXIWc.5248$rT1.641@trndny02>, "Doug MacLean" <> wrote:
    >"Manda" <> wrote in message
    >> "Doug MacLean" <> wrote:
    >>

    >> > Pirates Of The Caribbean: The Curse Of The Black Pearl (Special
    >> > Edition) will be released by Buena Vista on November 2nd. It will

    >> So in other words, exactly the same as the current release. What's the

    >deal
    >> here?
    >>

    >> Manda

    >That is exactly what I asked the studio rep. As of yet I have not recieved a
    >reply. When I do I'll post the response. It does have a different UPC,
    >786936258752 instead of the one from the previous edition, 786936224306 and
    >now (Special Edition) has been added to the title.

    The extended and deleted scenes are reapplied into the movie.
    GMAN, Sep 2, 2004