New Releases: LIve & Die in LA, Escape from NY, Homicide: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB &

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Doug MacLean, Sep 9, 2003.

  1. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    Another new week and we are still in the annual September slow announcement
    stretch. MGM/UA has announced some additions to their low end catalog for
    release on December 2nd. Most are full screen and in stereo with a cost of
    $14.98. Included in this series of releases are; Buster, Car 54 Where Are
    You, Cops And Robbers, He Walked By Night, Livin' Large, Odds Against
    Tomorrow, Once Upon A Crime and Real Men.

    Two sultry thrillers are also coming by way of MGM on December 2nd. These
    are in mono audio with what was reported as non-anamorphic widescreen video.
    Crime Of Passion for $14.98 and the Julie Christie breakout flick, Darling
    for $19.98.

    MGM does have a few releases for those with 16:9 enhanced televisions. Lord
    Love A Duck comes out on December 2nd. Also on that date is To Live And Die
    In L.A. (Special Edition) with Dolby 5.1 audio. Extras were given as Deleted
    Scenes; Alternate Ending Featurettes; "Counterfeirt World: The Making of To
    Live And Die In L.A." Documentary; Audio Commentary by Director William
    Friedkin; Photo Gallery; Original Theatrical Trailers. The suggested price
    is $19.98.

    On December 16th MGM releases Escape From New York (Special Edition). Also
    reported with Dolby 5.1 audio and anamorphic video this $29.98 release is
    slated to include Exclusive Comic Book: Special Edition of John Carpenter's
    Snake Plissken Chronicles; Director and Producer Commentaries; Deleted
    Opening Sequence; "Return to Escape From New York" Featurette; Photo
    Gallery; Trailers.

    Finally from MGM on October 14th is It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World (Special
    Edition/ Re-Issue). This is a movie only release, no reported extras
    included. The technical specifications are Dolby 5.1 and anamorphic video
    for $14.95.

    From A.D. Vision the anime release Original Dirty Pair #4: Flight 005
    Conspiracy will come out on November 11th. Gene Roddenberry's Earth: Final
    Conflict: Face The Horizon (Season Five) will be released on October 28th in
    Dolby Surround audio and anamorphic video for $69.98.

    A&E will release Homicide: Life On The Street: Season 3 on October 28th for
    $99.98. So far the video looks to be full screen with stereo audio.

    From EMI set for September 16th; Bill And Gloria Gaither: Rocky Mountain
    Homecoming, Passion: Scared Revolution: Live From Oneday 03, Bill And Gloria
    Gaither: Red Rocks Homecoming, Blow-Up! and Pat Benatar: Choice Cuts:
    Complete Video Collection (Special Edition).

    HBO has Pumping Iron: 25th Year Anniversary set for release on November 11th
    for $19.98. The extras have not been made official yet. A must have for
    Californian election fans.

    From Rhino on October 14th. Fleetwood Mac: Tango In The Night, Chicago: A&E
    Network Live By Request, Laugh-In: Boxed Set 2: Best Of Rowan And Martin's
    Laugh-In, Transformers: Season #3: Volume #1, Transformers: Season #3:
    Volume #2, Transformers: Season #3: Volume #3 and the Box set for the three
    Transformer releases.

    Ventura has some far east action flicks due out on November 4th from the
    Shaw brothers. Each is a double feature costing $14.98. Included are Iron
    Fist Adventure / Thundering Ninja (Double Feature), Challenge Of Master
    Killer / Invincible Super Guy (Double Feature), Guns Of Master Killer /
    Raiders Of Buddhist Kung Fu (Double Feature), Begger Of No Equal / Warrior
    Of Fire (Double Feature) and Shaolin Quick Draw / White Lotus Trio (Double
    Feature).

    First Run Features will release the cult classic Boy And His Dog (Special
    Edition). While the announcement included the phrase 'Special Edition' no
    extras where provided in the announcement. Look for a suggested price of
    $24.95.

    For baseball fans you might want to check out MLB: 100 Years Of The World
    Series (Special Edition) coming from WEA on October 7th for $19.95.

    As per an announcement from Fox, Shield: The Complete 2nd Season has moved
    from the status of Postponed to Cancelled. No word as to any immediate plans
    for the release. Considering how the first season was handled it will be a
    disappointed by some.

    Universal Music has some titles set for next week, September 16th. Included
    are Jimi Hendrix: Jimi Plays Berkeley, Best Of Slednecks, Limite: Gracias
    and Urban Street: Bike Warriors.

    in several formats as well as daily changes. The official list now
    features32,786 titles with 128 additions or changes and 500 Pre-Release
    announcements. The All Titles list has 33,286 titles. Recent releases
    include: Last Week 252, This Week 208 and Next Week 175 titles.

    Preview of Sopranos Season 4 and Smallville, Scarface. Reviews of Kiss
    Symphony, Outer Limits Season 2, The Two Towers, Chicago and All That Jazz.
    Past film reviews include Wait Until Dark, Daredevil, Them, Phone Booth,
    Gangs of New York, It Came From Beneath the Sea, Spun, The Hulk Original TV
    Pilot, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Real Women Have Curves, The
    Day the Earth Stood Still , Them, Usual Suspects and Gormenghast . Coming
    titles listed before all the specs are in can be found in a new list,
    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/pre-releases.htm

    Updated lists for discontinued, cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles
    as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and
    original release dates now being added to the database. There is also a
    greatly expanded list of titles that were rescheduled or reissued. Search
    function for the database, (now including UPC search) complements of site
    partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem
    (http://kazart.com/mec/DVDList2.html) and DVDLister.

    Updates to the DVD database, including release specs usually made twice
    daily.

    Please stop by and visit.
    Thank you.
    --
    Doug MacLean
    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com
    Doug MacLean, Sep 9, 2003

  2. > As per an announcement from Fox, Shield: The Complete 2nd Season has moved

    What the ****?!?!?!?! Why????
    ominousspiritous, Sep 9, 2003

  3. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    "ominousspiritous"
    <o123misssn456ous789spfdwweirit9887ofewfusYOURsaaafsewqfCLaffadfOTHES@at654t
    biYOURCLOTHEaaaaaaaaaSfds.c321om> wrote in message

    > > As per an announcement from Fox, Shield: The Complete 2nd Season has

    moved
    > > from the status of Postponed to Cancelled. No word as to any immediate

    > plans
    > > for the release. Considering how the first season was handled it will be

    > > disappointed by some.

    > What the f__k?!?!?!?! Why????

    Typical of postponement and cancellation announcements no reason was
    provided. Since status can change without notice for most studios there is
    some hope that the DVD release of season two may be revived once season
    three starts.
    --

    Doug MacLean
    Home Theater Info
    Doug MacLean, Sep 9, 2003
  4. Re: New Releases: LIve & Die in LA, Escape from NY, Homicide: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lis

    >. Also on that date is To Live And Die
    >In L.A. (Special Edition) with Dolby 5.1 audio.

    woo hoo!!!
    Vlvetmorning98, Sep 9, 2003
  5. Doug MacLean

    Jeeters Guest

    "Vlvetmorning98" <> wrote in message
    > >. Also on that date is To Live And Die
    > >In L.A. (Special Edition) with Dolby 5.1 audio.

    > woo hoo!!!

    Yup! I think instead of "Special Edition", it should be the "Frickin' About
    Time Edition".
    Jeeters, Sep 10, 2003
  6. Doug MacLean

    Dec Berd Guest

    On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 20:36:21 -0400, "Jeeters" <> wrote:

    >"Vlvetmorning98" <> wrote in message
    >> >. Also on that date is To Live And Die
    >> >In L.A. (Special Edition) with Dolby 5.1 audio.

    >> woo hoo!!!

    >Yup! I think instead of "Special Edition", it should be the "Frickin' About
    >Time Edition".

    Do you spoiled juvenile delinquents ever sit and read what you type?

    It's pathetic sometimes. You'll just wait until it's time for a DVD to be released, no matter how much you
    stamp your little feet.

    Prof. Speedbyrd :>
    Dec Berd, Sep 10, 2003
  7. Re: New Releases: LIve & Die in LA, Escape from NY, Homicide:Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lis

    in article , Dec Berd at
    wrote on 9/9/03 8:07 PM:

    > On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 20:36:21 -0400, "Jeeters" <> wrote:
    >

    >> "Vlvetmorning98" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> woo hoo!!!

    >> Yup! I think instead of "Special Edition", it should be the "Frickin' About
    >> Time Edition".
    >>

    > Do you spoiled juvenile delinquents ever sit and read what you type?
    >
    > It's pathetic sometimes. You'll just wait until it's time for a DVD to be
    > released, no matter how much you
    > stamp your little feet.
    >
    > Prof. Speedbyrd :>

    Have you ever once in your life offered *anything* that contributes in
    anyway to any thread?

    Is there a reason why you change your name every other day? Is this to make
    it harder to filter your idiotic one-liner responses?

    As far as To Live and Die in LA...this is one of my favorite movies of all
    time. I'm pretty excited to see it released in 5.1.
    MR_ED_of_Course, Sep 10, 2003