New Releases: Jerry Lewis, Alamo & Ladykillers: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Doug MacLean, Jun 15, 2004.

  1. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    Paramount comes in with an unusually large number of up coming DVD
    announcements. There is a little something for almost any taste including
    some previously released titles being included in their 'Collector's
    Edition' series.

    For fans of Jerry Lewis Paramount has quite a few of his films set for
    release. On October 5th they have set most of the well known films ranging
    from 1951 when he was still part of Martin an Lewis up to 1970. Included in
    the release announcements are:
    The Stooge
    Delicate Delinquent
    Bellboy
    Ladies' Man
    Errand Boy
    Patsy
    Disorderly Orderly
    Family Jewels
    Cinderfella
    Each title will list for $14.99.
    Also on that date but for $19.99 will be:
    Nutty Professor (Collector's Edition)

    Footloose (Collector's Edition) will be released by Paramount on September
    28th listing for $19.99. Extras are listed as including 'numerous
    featurettes and bonus songs'.

    Paramount will release Untouchables (Collector's Edition) on October 5th
    also for $19.99. As with the other Collector's Editions extras are pending.

    Then on October 19th Paramount has Deep Impact (Collector's Edition) ready
    for release.

    Top Gun gets two separate Collector's Editions, one in anamorphic video the
    other in P&S. Both are set for release on November 16th with a suggested
    retail price of, you guesses it, $19.99.

    Other titles announced for release by Paramount are as follows. Unless
    otherwise noted the lsit price for each title will be $14.99:
    August 31st:
    Teletubbies: The Magic Pumpkin and Other Stories
    Curious Buddies: Look And Listen At The Park (3-18 Months)
    Listing for $16.99 each.

    October 5th
    Godfather: Part II
    Godfather: Part III
    for $19.99

    All I Want For Christmas
    Bebe's Kids
    Black Beauty (1971)

    October 19th:
    Conquest Of Space
    Fire In The Sky
    The Explorers
    D.A.R.Y.L.

    October 26th:
    Thing Called Love
    Jimmy Hollywood

    November 9th:
    1492: Conquest Of Paradise
    Naked Jungle
    Ace High
    Arrowhead
    Last Train From Gun Hill

    November 16th:
    Testament
    Foul Play
    Ragtime
    Bopha!

    November 30th:
    Lords Of Discipline
    Keep
    It's All True
    Racing With The Moon

    December 21st:
    Show Of Force
    Distant Thunder (1988)

    January 2nd:
    Brain Donors

    Confirmation from Buena Vista that Ella Enchanted due for release on August
    24th will be available in both a P&S and anamorphic variation. Each will
    retail for $29.99.

    Speaking of Buena Vista, initial announcements have been received for a
    couple of high profile releases:
    The Ladykillers set to drop on September 14th. Extras where given as
    including:
    The Slap Reel (outtakes),
    Gospel of the Ladykillers (deleted music scenes),
    Danny Ferrington: The Man Behind the Band
    The Ladykillers Script Scanner (DVD-ROM script reader)


    Buena Vista has The Alamo due for release on September 28th. Extras are
    stated as including
    Walking in the Footsteps of Heroes,
    Return of a Legend: The Making of the Alamo
    Deep in the Heart of Texans),
    deleted scenes

    Both will have separate P&S and anamorphic widescreen releases and will
    retail for $29.99.

    Just a note to everyone that downloads the complete DVD database, there has
    been several cahgnes made to the files that are geared to the up coming
    addition of directo and actor information. Please check with the download
    page for details.

    Stop by for a complete downloadable information list of all region one DVDs
    in several formats as well as daily changes. Currently the main database
    contains 45,083 titles. Changes and additions this week number 301 and there
    are 2,302 due to be released titles. Updated lists for discontinued,
    cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX
    and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and original release dates are included in
    the fields. There is also a comprehensive list of titles that were
    rescheduled or reissued. Search function for the database, (including UPC
    search) complements of site partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem
    http://www.dvdlist.kazart.com.

    Current previews include The Dreamers, Butterfly Effect, Blazing Saddles
    30th Anniversary, Six Feet Under: Season 2, Under the Lighthouse Dancing and
    High Art. Recent reviews include Dead Like Me Season 1, Monster, The
    Company, Paycheck, The Great Escape and The Girl with a Pear Earring.
    Updates to the DVD database, including release specifications usually made
    twice daily.

    Please stop by and visit.
    Thank you.

    Doug MacLean
    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/
     
    Doug MacLean, Jun 15, 2004
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Re: New Releases: Jerry Lewis, Alamo & Ladykillers: Updated completedownloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists

    Doug MacLean wrote:

    > Paramount comes in with an unusually large number of up coming DVD
    > announcements. There is a little something for almost any taste including
    > some previously released titles being included in their 'Collector's
    > Edition' series.


    > November 30th:
    > Keep


    ....That's "THE Keep" to you, pal--
    And a generation of old-school DVD owners just crossed another
    impossible dream off their lists. :)

    > November 16th:
    > Foul Play


    (Okay, two of them...)

    Derek Janssen
     
    Derek Janssen, Jun 15, 2004
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. On Tue, 15 Jun 2004, Doug MacLean wrote:

    > For fans of Jerry Lewis Paramount has quite a few of his films set for
    > release. On October 5th they have set most of the well known films ranging
    > from 1951 when he was still part of Martin an Lewis up to 1970.


    > Also on that date but for $19.99 will be:
    > Nutty Professor (Collector's Edition)


    That figures...I just picked up the no-frills original in a bargain bin.
    That almost guarantees the release of a special edition.

    swac
    No need to thank me...
     
    Stephen Cooke, Jun 15, 2004
    #3
  4. Doug MacLean

    Eric Guest

    Re: New Releases: Jerry Lewis, Alamo & Ladykillers: Updatedcomplet...

    (Doug MacLean) wrote:
    > October 19th:
    > Fire In The Sky


    That is great news! I have been wanting this movie on DVD for quite
    awhile, as I think it is an underrated sci-fi/alien thriller that
    deserved more credit than it got.

    Thanks for the great post, Doug.

    Eric
     
    Eric, Jun 15, 2004
    #4
  5. Re: New Releases: Jerry Lewis, Alamo & Ladykillers: Updated complet...

    Eric wrote:
    > (Doug MacLean) wrote:
    >
    >>October 19th:
    >>Fire In The Sky


    And when you throw in the Trek:Classic season boxes (and yeah, the
    Animated Series is coming out in '05), "Brain Donors" and "D.A.R.Y.L",
    it just me, or does it seem like EVERY last single remaining Paramount
    title fans ever asked for since the very beginning of DVD's is just
    coming out between now and November?--
    Could they have possibly missed anything??

    Derek Janssen (this's....this's not Paramount--This's just getting SPOOKY)
     
    Derek Janssen, Jun 16, 2004
    #5
  6. Re: New Releases: Jerry Lewis, Alamo & Ladykillers: Updated complet...

    Derek Janssen <> wrote:

    > Eric wrote:
    > > (Doug MacLean) wrote:
    > >
    > >>October 19th:
    > >>Fire In The Sky

    >
    > And when you throw in the Trek:Classic season boxes (and yeah, the
    > Animated Series is coming out in '05), "Brain Donors" and "D.A.R.Y.L",
    > it just me, or does it seem like EVERY last single remaining Paramount
    > title fans ever asked for since the very beginning of DVD's is just
    > coming out between now and November?--
    > Could they have possibly missed anything??
    >
    > Derek Janssen (this's....this's not Paramount--This's just getting SPOOKY)
    >



    Nah, it's just you. They've haven't announced anything about
    Kieslowski's "The Double Life Of Veronique'... Assuming they still have
    video rights...

    --Frank
     
    Frank Malczewski, Jun 16, 2004
    #6
  7. Re: New Releases: Jerry Lewis, Alamo & Ladykillers: Updated complet...

    On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 00:15:53 -0600, (Frank
    Malczewski) wrote:

    >Derek Janssen <> wrote:
    >
    >> Eric wrote:
    >> > (Doug MacLean) wrote:
    >> >
    >> >>October 19th:
    >> >>Fire In The Sky

    >>
    >> And when you throw in the Trek:Classic season boxes (and yeah, the
    >> Animated Series is coming out in '05), "Brain Donors" and "D.A.R.Y.L",
    >> it just me, or does it seem like EVERY last single remaining Paramount
    >> title fans ever asked for since the very beginning of DVD's is just
    >> coming out between now and November?--
    >> Could they have possibly missed anything??
    >>
    >> Derek Janssen (this's....this's not Paramount--This's just getting SPOOKY)
    >>

    >
    >
    >Nah, it's just you. They've haven't announced anything about
    >Kieslowski's "The Double Life Of Veronique'... Assuming they still have
    >video rights...
    >
    >--Frank


    And there's "Robinson Crusoe on Mars."

    While controlled by Universal there must be some 100 titles from 1927
    to the second world war made by Paramount that I'd like to see. To say
    that Paramount's "want list" has been fulfilled is far, far from the
    mark.

    .Steve .
     
    Steve(JazzHunter), Jun 16, 2004
    #7
  8. Doug MacLean

    Mike Kohary Guest

    Re: New Releases: Jerry Lewis, Alamo & Ladykillers: Updatedcomplet...

    Eric wrote:
    > (Doug MacLean) wrote:
    >> October 19th:
    >> Fire In The Sky

    >
    > That is great news! I have been wanting this movie on DVD for quite
    > awhile, as I think it is an underrated sci-fi/alien thriller that
    > deserved more credit than it got.


    What sank this film for me was the claim that it was based on a "true
    story", and then watching it in that context. Just like "The Amityville
    Horror"! ;)

    Mike
     
    Mike Kohary, Jun 16, 2004
    #8
  9. Doug MacLean

    Jay Stewart Guest

    Re: New Releases: Jerry Lewis, Alamo & Ladykillers: Updatedcomplet...

    "Eric" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    (Doug MacLean) wrote:
    > October 19th:
    > Fire In The Sky


    That is great news! I have been wanting this movie on DVD for quite
    awhile, as I think it is an underrated sci-fi/alien thriller that
    deserved more credit than it got.

    Thanks for the great post, Doug.

    Eric

    Ditto. I have been waiting for this one for a long time.
     
    Jay Stewart, Jun 16, 2004
    #9
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.

Share This Page