New Releases: In Living Color, Roswell, Apes Deluxe: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Doug MacLean, Oct 18, 2003.

  1. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    Fox has announced that they will release the complete first season of In
    Living Color on February 3rd for $39.98. Considered to be a break out hit
    for the network many are surely looking forward to this release.

    On January 20th Warner Brothers will release several flicks from the
    eighties. All in this batch of releases are listed as having anamorphic
    video and original audio, usually stereo or mono. Included so far are
    Accidental Tourist, Best Friends (1982), Everybody's All American and Swing
    Shift. Each is slated for a price of $19.98.

    Coming soon from Warner Brothers, on October 28th is National Lampoon's
    Christmas Vacation (SE) / Christmas Story (2-Pack). Basically another
    repackaged deal with the same disks as previously released as separates. The
    two disk set goes for $29.95.

    For fans of British television comedy and Patricia Routledge in particular
    Warner Brothers has set for February 3rd the last seasons of Keeping Up
    Appearances. This includes Keeping Up Appearances: Everything's Coming Up
    Hyacinth, Keeping Up Appearances: Living The Hyacinth Life, Keeping Up
    Appearances: Some Like It Hyacinth and Keeping Up Appearances: Hats Off To
    Hyacinth for $24.98 each or a box set of the three, Keeping Up Appearances:
    Hyacinth Springs Eternal, for $79.98. Also on that date is Patricia
    Routledge In Three Portraits for $24.98.

    Warner Brothers will release some of their seventies films on January 13th
    including Let's Do It Again (1975), Piece Of The Action, Superfly and Uptown
    Saturday Night. As with the eighties movies these seem to also have
    anamorphic video and either stereo or mono audio. Each will go for $19.97.

    The Warner Music division also came up with a few announcements. November
    18th will bring The Monkees: Season Two (Special Edition), remixed for Dolby
    5.1 audio ($79.95) and Mystery Science Theater 3000: Box Set Volume 4 which
    will included the episodes Girl In Gold Boots; Space Mutiny; Hamlet;
    Overdrawn At The Memory Bank. This will run $59.95. They also have set for
    that date Blue Man Group: Complex Rock Tour Live and Red Hot Chili Peppers:
    Live At Slane.

    From New Line on January 13th; B.A.P.'s, Hangin' With The Homeboys and Who's
    The Man? followed on January 20th by Overnight Delivery. Each will go for
    $19.97.

    On February 3rd Fox will release Planet Of The Apes: 35th Anniversary
    Edition. This is the 1968 version not the remake. There will be both a P&S
    and anamorphic 2.35:1 anamorphic sets due out. Both will provide a Dolby 5.1
    audio and will cost $26.98. The reported extras include on disk one
    Commentary by Composer Jerry Goldsmith, Commentary by Actors Roddy McDowell,
    Natalie Trundy, Kim Hunter, Producer, Make-up Artist John Chambers Text
    Commentary by Eric Greene. The extras disk two has Behind The Planet Of The
    Apes Documentary; Behind The Planet Of The Apes Promo; Roddy McDowall Home
    Movies;Planet Of The Apes Dallies and Outtakes; A Look Behind The Planet Of
    The Apes; Planet Of The Apes Featurette; Original Theatrical Trailers; Looks
    at the directors of all five ape films; trailers from all five films; Film
    Reviews (34 Stills) and Galleries.

    On December 30th Fox has some foreign language action/adventure flicks. Some
    have been previously released by Tai Seng. Included are Duel To The Death,
    Eastern Condors, Heart Of Dragon, In The Line Of Duty 4 (1985) and My Lucky
    Stars. Each will run $9.98.

    Fox will release Diary Of Anne Frank on February 3rd. t will feature mono
    audio and 2.35:1 video. Looks like it will be anamorphic although
    confirmation is currently pending. The extras are listed as Commentary by
    George Stevens Jr. and Mille Perkins, George Stevens Press Conference, Mille
    Perkins Screen Test, Nobel Peace Prize to Belgian Priest, Academy Award
    Highlights, Theatrical Trailer, International Trailer and Still Gallery.
    Suggested list price is $19.98.

    Fox also has some popular television shows ready for release as full
    seasons. Angel: Season 3 will hit the shelves on February 10th with stereo
    sound and 1.78:1 anamorphic widescreen video. Extras for Angel are listed as
    Commentaries; Outtakes; Deleted Scenes; "Page to Screen" Featurette; Still
    Gallery; Screen Tests. Then on February 17th Roswell: Season 1 will come
    out. The initial announcement looks like it will be full screen but
    hopefully this will be changed shortly. Both have a list price of $59.95.
    Extras for Roswell include Commentaries; Gag Reels; Deleted Scenes; Music
    Video.

    Fox is also releasing the recent John Cleese/Alicia Silverstone/Woody
    Harrelson film Scorched on January 27th. Looks like the disk will have both
    full and widescreen versions as well as Dolby 5.1 audio.

    Sony has something coming up for the kids. The animated Arthur series has
    some titles coming out on January 27th including Arthur Makes The Team,
    Arthur Saves The Day, Arthur's Lost Library Book and Arthur's Pet Follies.
    Also on that date are Cookie Monster's Best Bites, Elmo's World: Elmo Has
    Two and Let's Eat: Funny Food Songs. Each will run $12.95.

    Red Distribution has some music titles due out soon. On November 18th; Hank
    Williams: The Man And His Music, Chet Atkins: A Tribute To Chet Atkins,
    Conway Twitty On The Mississippi and Cypress Hill: Smoke Out. Following on
    December 2nd are Little Feat: High Wire Act Live 2003 and John Mayall: 70th
    Birthday: Live. You may see these titles as coming from Eagle Records but
    the UPC is typically used by Red.

    in several formats as well as daily changes. The official list now features
    34,303 titles with 330 additions or changes and 481 Pre-Release
    announcements. The All Titles list has 34,784 titles. Recent releases
    include: Last Week 348, This Week 288 and Next Week 207 titles.

    Previews of Taken, Sopranos Season 4, Indiana Jones, Hulk, Avril Lavigne: My
    World and 28 Days Later. Reviews of Scarface(1983), Scarface (1932), Matrix
    Reloaded, Smallville, In Cold Blood, Kiss Symphony, Outer Limits Season 2,
    The Two Towers, Chicago and All That Jazz. Past film reviews include Wait
    Until Dark, Daredevil, Them, May, Phone Booth, Gangs of New York, Spun,
    Killing Me Softly, Real Women Have Curves, The Day the Earth Stood Still,
    Them and Usual Suspects . Coming titles listed before all the specs are in
    can be found in a new list,
    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/pre-releases.htm

    Updated lists for discontinued, cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles
    as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and
    original release dates now being added to the database. There is also a
    greatly expanded list of titles that were rescheduled or reissued. Search
    function for the database, (now including UPC search) complements of site
    partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem
    (http://kazart.com/mec/DVDList2.html) and DVDLister.

    Updates to the DVD database, including release specs usually made twice
    daily.

    Please stop by and visit.
    Thank you.
    --
    Doug MacLean
    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com
    Doug MacLean, Oct 18, 2003

  2. Doug MacLean

    JMas493 Guest

    I hear that the Roswell set will have some music substitutions because they
    were not able to license all of the original music for the DVD release.

    John
    JMas493, Oct 18, 2003

  3. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    "JMas493" <> wrote in message
    > I hear that the Roswell set will have some music substitutions because

    they
    > were not able to license all of the original music for the DVD release.
    >
    > John

    The studio rep mentioned that was a distinct possibility but she did not
    have 'official confirmation'. If I hear that is is a done deal that
    substitutions were made I'll including it in a future post.
    --

    Doug MacLean
    Home Theater Info
    Doug MacLean, Oct 18, 2003
  4. Doug MacLean

    CAndersen Guest

    "Doug MacLean" <> wrote:

    >November
    >18th will bring The Monkees: Season Two (Special Edition), remixed for Dolby
    >5.1 audio ($79.95)

    Are they keeping the original TV music, and tinkering with it to make it
    "5.1", or are they replacing it with remixed LP cuts? Often the TV show
    had different versions of the songs than were on the LPs.

    --
    Reply address munged. You can figure it out.
    CAndersen, Oct 18, 2003
  5. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    "CAndersen" <KimbaWLion_aol.com@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
    > "Doug MacLean" <> wrote:
    >
    > >November
    > >18th will bring The Monkees: Season Two (Special Edition), remixed for

    Dolby
    > >5.1 audio ($79.95)

    > Are they keeping the original TV music, and tinkering with it to make it
    > "5.1", or are they replacing it with remixed LP cuts? Often the TV show
    > had different versions of the songs than were on the LPs.
    >

    > --
    > Reply address munged. You can figure it out.

    When I check with the studio reps on Monday I'll ask. All I heard so far is
    it is a remix to 5.1.

    --

    Doug MacLean
    Home Theater Info
    Doug MacLean, Oct 18, 2003
  6. Doug MacLean

    CAndersen Guest

    "Doug MacLean" <> wrote:

    >When I check with the studio reps on Monday I'll ask. All I heard so far is
    >it is a remix to 5.1.

    Thanks. It'll be good to know.

    --
    Reply address munged. You can figure it out.
    CAndersen, Oct 18, 2003