New Releases: Identity, Smallville, Brat Pack: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Doug MacLean, Jun 26, 2003.

  1. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    Warner Brothers has formalized the release information for the September
    23rd release of the complete first season of Smallville. This six disc set
    will have Dolby Surround audio and 1.77:1 anamorphic video. The included
    pilot episode will have a commentary by director David Nutter and producers
    Alfred Gough and Miles Millar. All 21 episodes will be included. The episode
    Metamorphosis will have a commentary track by Gough and Millar. Two episode
    will feature deleted scenes and there will be an interactive tour of
    Smallville. The list price is $64.92.

    Universal has announced a re-release of The Breakfast Club. This new release
    (UPC 025192315626) will feature both Dolby 5.1 and DTS audio as well as
    1.85:1 anamorphic video. The release date is September 2nd for $19.98. Also
    on that date you can pick up the Brat Pack set featuring Sixteen Candles,
    Weird Science, Breakfast Club also with DTS and anamorphic video for $39.98.

    Also from Universal is Three O'Clock High with Dolby Surround sound and
    anamorphic video on September 2nd. Minority Report (Single-Disc Edition)
    will be released on August 19th.

    Speaking of single disc editions, Dreamworks as Gladiator (2000/ Special
    Edition/ 1-Disc) set for release also on August19th.

    MGM/UA has made another announcement for Bowling For Columbine (Special
    Ediction) indicating a release date of August 19th.

    Columbia/Tri-Star will release Identity (Special Edition) on September 2nd.
    The video will include both a pan&scan version as well as a reported 2.40:1
    anamorphic transfer. The audio will be Dolby 5.1. Extras currently listed
    include an exclusive branched version of film with alternative ending and an
    additional scene, a director's commentary, additional deleted scenes with
    director's commentary, storyboard comparisons and STARZ Special: On the Set
    of Identity. The suggested price is listed as $27.94. There will also be a
    three film set Identity 3-pack (Identity, Trapped, Memento) for $53.95.

    Columbia has Boyz 'N The Hood (10th Anniversary Edition) set for September
    2nd. This two disc set also has both pan&scan as well as anamorphic 1.85:1
    video with Dolby Surround audio. No word yet as to what extras will
    populate the second disc but I should have something in a short while. The
    cost is listed as $27.94. The television division of Columbia has Best of
    Designing Women set for September 2nd as well.

    Ruby, the story of the man that shot Lee Harvey Oswald on national
    television will come out on September 2nd, also from Columbia. That date
    will also bring out Under Suspicion (1992) and Endurance (a documentary of
    the ill fated exploration of Sir Ernest Shackleton). All are currently
    listed as being widescreen with stereo audio.

    Spacecraft Films has several titles that should be of interest to those of
    us that grew up watching the American space program, Apollo 8 - Leaving the
    Cradle, Apollo 11 - Men on the Moon, Apollo 14 - Complete Downlink Edition,
    Apollo 15 - Complete Downlink Edition, Apollo 16 - Complete Downlink
    Edition, Mighty Saturns - Part I - The Early Missions, Mighty Saturns - Part
    II - The Saturn V and STS-109 - Columbia and Hubble. Fox is assuming the
    release of these titles for wider distribution. All are due out on August
    19th.

    Paramount has provided additional information about the September 23rd
    release of James Clavell's Shogun (Special Edition). It is now confirmed
    that the audio has been remixed to Dolby 5.1. So far the extras have been
    described as including 3 historical perspective featurettes, The Making of
    Shogun - A 13-segment featurette and commentary by director Jerry London on
    select scenes.

    On July 22nd Kino has In Celebration ready for release. The audio is listed
    as Dolby Stereo with anamorphic 1.85:1 video. The extras are listed as
    including Interviews with Alan Bates and playwright David Storey, "David
    Storey and In Celebration" an essay by Michael Feingold, AFT Cinebill for In
    Celebration and an American Film Theatre Scrapbook. Also on that date are
    The Man In The Glass Booth featuring interview with director Arthur Hiller
    and Edie Landau; "Robert Shaw and The Man in the Glass Booth" an essay by
    Michael Feingold, AFT Cinebill for The Man in the Glass Booth, Ely Landau:
    In Front of the Camera promotional reel. In addition July 22nd brings Three
    Sisters with an interview with Alan Bates, The American Film Theatre
    Scrapbook "Anton Chekhov and Three Sisters" an essay by Michael Feingold;
    The AFT Cinebill for Three sisters. They are also in Dolby Stereo and
    anamorphic video. Each are listed at $29.95.

    BFS Entertainment has Many Faces Of Sherlock Holmes, Golf: The Ridiculous
    Obsession and Coming Through due out on October 28th. They also have Rudy:
    The Rudy Giuliani Story, the recent bio-pic of the former New York City
    mayor ready for release on September 2nd.

    in several formats as well as daily changes. The official list now features
    29,378 titles with 162 additions or changes and 631 Pre-Release
    announcements. The All Titles list has 30,009 titles. Recent releases
    include: Last Week 166, This Week 248 and Next Week 155 titles.

    Featured review this week is Flight of the Phoenix, previews of Daredevil,
    Gangs of New York and Chcago DVDs. Recent film reviews include It Came From
    Beneath the Sea, Children of Dune, The Hulk Original TV Pilot, Harry Potter
    and the Chamber of Secrets, Secretary, Cube 2: Hypercube, Killing Me Softly,
    Real Women Have Curves, The Day the Earth Stood Still , Invaders From Mars
    (1953), Six Feet Under,Usual Suspects, Gormenghast, Dr. Strangelove and
    Outland. Coming titles listed before all the specs are in can be found in a
    new list, http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/pre-releases.htm

    Updated lists for discontinued, cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles
    as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and
    original release dates now being added to the database. There is also a
    greatly expanded list of titles that were rescheduled or reissued. Search
    function for the database, (now including UPC search) complements of site
    partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem
    (http://kazart.com/mec/DVDList2.html) and DVDLister.

    Updates to the DVD database, including release specs usually made twice
    daily.

    Please stop by and visit.
    Thank you.
    --
    Doug MacLean
    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com

    Doug MacLean, Jun 26, 2003

  2. Doug MacLean

    GMAN Guest

    In article <AhuKa.2071$>, "Doug MacLean" <> wrote:
    >Warner Brothers has formalized the release information for the September
    >23rd release of the complete first season of Smallville. This six disc set
    >will have Dolby Surround audio and 1.77:1 anamorphic video. The included
    >pilot episode will have a commentary by director David Nutter and producers
    >Alfred Gough and Miles Millar. All 21 episodes will be included. The episode
    >Metamorphosis will have a commentary track by Gough and Millar. Two episode
    >will feature deleted scenes and there will be an interactive tour of
    >Smallville. The list price is $64.92.
    >
    >Universal has announced a re-release of The Breakfast Club. This new release
    >(UPC 025192315626) will feature both Dolby 5.1 and DTS audio as well as
    >1.85:1 anamorphic video. The release date is September 2nd for $19.98. Also
    >on that date you can pick up the Brat Pack set featuring Sixteen Candles,
    >Weird Science, Breakfast Club also with DTS and anamorphic video for $39.98.
    >
    >Also from Universal is Three O'Clock High with Dolby Surround sound and
    >anamorphic video on September 2nd. Minority Report (Single-Disc Edition)
    >will be released on August 19th.

    Cool, was an extra in 3 o'clock high during the fight scene in the parking lot
    of Ogden high School.

    GMAN, Jun 26, 2003

  3. Doug MacLean

    Evil Guest

    "Doug MacLean" <> wrote in message news:<AhuKa.2071$>...

    > Also from Universal is Three O'Clock High with Dolby Surround sound and
    > anamorphic video on September 2nd. Minority Report (Single-Disc Edition)
    > will be released on August 19th.

    YES!!! A Hidden treasure and one of my faves from the 80s.

    > Spacecraft Films has several titles that should be of interest to those of
    > us that grew up watching the American space program, Apollo 8 - Leaving the
    > Cradle, Apollo 11 - Men on the Moon, Apollo 14 - Complete Downlink Edition,
    > Apollo 15 - Complete Downlink Edition, Apollo 16 - Complete Downlink
    > Edition, Mighty Saturns - Part I - The Early Missions, Mighty Saturns - Part
    > II - The Saturn V and STS-109 - Columbia and Hubble. Fox is assuming the
    > release of these titles for wider distribution. All are due out on August
    > 19th.

    has anyone seen any of these documentaries? I love well-done docs on
    space and the space program.

    Evil, Jun 26, 2003
  4. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    > > Spacecraft Films has several titles that should be of interest to those

    of
    > > us that grew up watching the American space program, Apollo 8 - Leaving

    the
    > > Cradle, Apollo 11 - Men on the Moon, Apollo 14 - Complete Downlink

    Edition,
    > > Apollo 15 - Complete Downlink Edition, Apollo 16 - Complete Downlink
    > > Edition, Mighty Saturns - Part I - The Early Missions, Mighty Saturns -

    Part
    > > II - The Saturn V and STS-109 - Columbia and Hubble. Fox is assuming the
    > > release of these titles for wider distribution. All are due out on

    August
    > > 19th.

    > has anyone seen any of these documentaries? I love well-done docs on
    > space and the space program.

    From the previews I've seen they are excellent. Very complete with a lot of
    shots that brought back a lot of memories.
    --

    Doug MacLean
    Home Theater Info

    Doug MacLean, Jun 26, 2003
  5. Doug MacLean

    Evil Guest

    "Doug MacLean" <> wrote in message news:<6LDKa.12348$N%>...
    > "Evil" <> wrote in message
    > > "Doug MacLean" <> wrote in message

    > > > Spacecraft Films has several titles that should be of interest to those

    > of
    > > > us that grew up watching the American space program, Apollo 8 - Leaving

    > the
    > > > Cradle, Apollo 11 - Men on the Moon, Apollo 14 - Complete Downlink

    > Edition,
    > > > Apollo 15 - Complete Downlink Edition, Apollo 16 - Complete Downlink
    > > > Edition, Mighty Saturns - Part I - The Early Missions, Mighty Saturns -

    > Part
    > > > II - The Saturn V and STS-109 - Columbia and Hubble. Fox is assuming the
    > > > release of these titles for wider distribution. All are due out on

    > August
    > > > 19th.

    > > has anyone seen any of these documentaries? I love well-done docs on
    > > space and the space program.

    > From the previews I've seen they are excellent. Very complete with a lot of
    > shots that brought back a lot of memories.

    thx. I'll keep an eye out for them then.

    Evil, Jun 26, 2003