New releases: Hitchhiker's Guide To the Galaxy, Danielle Steel's & More UMD: Updated complete R1 DV

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Doug MacLean, Jun 28, 2005.

  1. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    Buena Vista will release the recent Hitchhiker's Guide To the Galaxy on
    September 13th. There will be separate P&S and widescreen variations both
    with Dolby 5.1 audio and listing for $29.99. The initial announcement stated
    that full specs with extras are forthcoming.

    Coming from Eagle Vision on August 30th:
    Busta Rhymes: Everything Remains Raw (UMD)
    Marilyn Manson: God, Guns and Government (UMD)
    Puddle of Mudd: Striking That Familiar Chord (UMD)
    Snoop Dogg: Puff Puff Pass Tour (UMD)
    Up In Smoke Tour (UMD)
    Each title will list for $19.98.

    On September 27th Warner Brothers will release several of their TV Favorites
    series. These are basically low cost, $9.99, best of samplers.
    Cheyenne: TV Favorites
    Chico And The Man: TV Favorites
    Dukes of Hazzard: TV Favorites
    F Troop: TV Favorites
    Maverick: TV Favorites

    A number of titles have been announced by Anchor Bay, several television
    season sets and UMD titles are included:
    August 23rd:
    Evil Dead (Movie-Only EditionUMD)
    Halloween (UMD)
    Monty Python: Life Of Brian (UMD)

    September 6th:
    10 Minute Solution: Kickboxing
    10 Minute Solution: Yoga
    21 Jump Street: Season 3
    Dead & Breakfast
    Doogie Howser, M.D: Season #2
    Thunderstruck

    September 13th:
    Fright Pack: Man's Worst Friends
    Fright Pack: Walking Dead

    September 20th:
    Crime Story: Complete 1st Season
    Crime Story: Complete 2nd Season
    Crunch: Cardio Dance Blast
    Crunch: Fat Burning Ab Attack

    Also on September 20th from Anchor Bay are a series of Danielle Steel's made
    for TV movies:
    Danielle Steel's Heartbeat
    Danielle Steel's Mixed Blessing
    Danielle Steel's Once In A Lifetime
    Danielle Steel's Perfect Stranger
    Danielle Steel's Remembrance
    Danielle Steel's The Ring
    Each will list for $12.95.

    Recently shown on the Sci-Fi channel The Fallen Ones will be released by
    Anchor Bay on September 20th.

    Coming out from Anime Works/Media Blasters:
    September 13th:
    Being
    Genshiken #2: Model Citizens
    Otogi Zoshi #4: Modern History
    Shura No Toki #6: Age Of Chaos
    Widow

    September 27th:
    Ah! My Goddess #1 (w/ Collector's Box)
    Ah! My Goddess #1: Always & Forever
    Black Gate
    Devil Dog
    Dragonhead
    Sensitive Pornograph

    Married... With Children: Season #4 will be released by Fox on August 30th
    listing for $39.95.

    Fox also will release the UMD version of Robots on September 20th.

    Paramount will release several titles, also including some television season
    sets:
    September 13th:
    Brady Bunch: Seasons #1 - #3
    Brady Bunch: The Complete 3rd Season
    Cheers: Seasons #1 - #6
    Cheers: The Complete 6th Season
    Frasier: Seasons #1 - #6 & #11
    Frasier: The Complete 6th Season
    George Lopez: Why You Crying
    Taxi: Complete 3rd Season
    Taxi: Seasons #1 - #3
    Transformers: Cybertron - A New Beginning
    Weebles: Sharing In The Fun

    On September 20th Paramount as a couple of UMD releases:
    Longest Yard (UMD)
    Ren & Stimpy Show: Seasons #1 & #2 (UMD)

    in several formats as well as daily changes. Currently the main database
    contains 66,610 titles. Changes and additions this week number 542 and there
    are 2,753 due to be released titles. Updated lists for discontinued,
    cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX
    and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and original release dates are included in
    the fields. There is also a comprehensive list of titles that were
    rescheduled or reissued. Search function for the database, (including UPC
    search) complements of site partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem
    http://www.dvdlist.kazart.com.

    Current previews include Punk: Attitude, Prozac Nation, Fantastic Four (1994
    Animated), Admissions and Outer Limits Collections . Recent reviews include
    Admissions, Outer Limits Collections The Sopranos: Season 5The Aviator,
    Moonlighting: Seasons 1 & 2, Assult on Preccinct 13, Six Feet Under: Season
    3, Kinsey Phantom of the Opera (2004), Blade Trinity, Book of Love (2004),
    Meet the Fockers, A Love Song for Bobby Long, Tweeked, A-Team Season 2,
    Knight Rider Season 2 and Magnum PI Season 2. Updates to the DVD database,
    including release specifications usually made twice daily.

    Please stop by and visit.
    Thank you.

    Doug MacLean

    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/

    Doug MacLean, Jun 28, 2005

  2. Doug MacLean

    Stan Brown Guest

    On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 00:55:46 -0400, "Doug MacLean"
    <> wrote:

    >A number of titles have been announced by Anchor Bay, several television
    >season sets and UMD titles are included:
    >August 23rd:
    >Evil Dead (Movie-Only EditionUMD)
    >Halloween (UMD)
    >Monty Python: Life Of Brian (UMD)

    I may be having a memory lapse, but what's UMD? (I went to your site
    and searched, but couldn't find an explanation.)

    http://OakRoadSystems.com/

    Stan Brown, Jun 30, 2005

  3. Doug MacLean

    Dick Sidbury Guest

    Re: New releases: Hitchhiker's Guide To the Galaxy, Danielle Steel's

    Stan Brown wrote:
    > On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 01:06:26 -0400, "Doug MacLean"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>"Stan Brown" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I may be having a memory lapse, but what's UMD? (I went to your site
    >>>and searched, but couldn't find an explanation.)

    >>It stands for Universal Media Disc, a variation of the DVD specifically for
    >>the Sony Playstation 2. Many of the larger studios are releasing their
    >>titles on this format.

    > Thank you!

    Does the UMD disk play on regular players? I assume with a name like
    Universal that it would.

    dick
    -- but you never know with marketing.

    Dick Sidbury, Jul 5, 2005
  4. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    "Stan Brown" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 00:55:46 -0400, "Doug MacLean"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>A number of titles have been announced by Anchor Bay, several television
    >>season sets and UMD titles are included:
    >>August 23rd:
    >>Evil Dead (Movie-Only EditionUMD)
    >>Halloween (UMD)
    >>Monty Python: Life Of Brian (UMD)

    > I may be having a memory lapse, but what's UMD? (I went to your site
    > and searched, but couldn't find an explanation.)

    > http://OakRoadSystems.com/
    > DVD FAQ: http://dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html
    > other FAQs: http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/faqget.htm

    Hi Stan,

    It stands for Universal Media Disc, a variation of the DVD specifically for
    the Sony Playstation 2. Many of the larger studios are releasing their
    titles on this format.

    Doug MacLean
    Home Theater Info
    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com
    home of the web's most complete and frequently updated downloadable list
    of all region one DVDs including out of print, future and current releases,
    DVD Reviews and Home Theater Advice

    Doug MacLean, Jul 5, 2005
  5. Doug MacLean

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "Doug MacLean" <> wrote in message
    > It stands for Universal Media Disc, a variation of the DVD
    > specifically for the Sony Playstation 2. Many of the larger studios
    > are releasing their titles on this format.

    UMD is actually for the PSP Playstation Portable, not Playstation 2.

    Joshua Zyber, Jul 5, 2005
  6. Doug MacLean

    Stan Brown Guest

    <> wrote:

    >"Stan Brown" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> I may be having a memory lapse, but what's UMD? (I went to your site
    >> and searched, but couldn't find an explanation.)

    >It stands for Universal Media Disc, a variation of the DVD specifically for
    >the Sony Playstation 2. Many of the larger studios are releasing their
    >titles on this format.

    Thank you!

    http://OakRoadSystems.com/

    Stan Brown, Jul 6, 2005