New Releases: Gothika & Love Don't Cost a Thing: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info list

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Doug MacLean, Feb 10, 2004.

  1. Doug MacLean

    Doug MacLean Guest

    Halle Berry thriller, Gothika will drop care of Warner Brothers on March
    23rd as both a P&S and anamorphic 1.85:1 widescreen version. Both will have
    Dolby 5.1 audio and list for $27.95. The reported extras so far seem a
    little sparse; Audio Commentary, Fred Durst Music Video "Behind Blue Eyes"
    and Theatrical Trailer.

    Warner Brothers also has Love Don't Cost A Thing set for a release date of
    April 27th. Holding true to form there will also be a P&S and anamorphic
    1.85:1 scope version. Both have Dolby 5.1 and list for $27.95. The extra
    features where given as Alternate ending; 2 Music Videos - "Shorty (Put it
    on the Floor)" by platinum selling rap stars Busta Rhymes, Chingy, Fat Joe
    and film star Nick Cannon PLUS "Luv Me Baby" by Murphy Lee.

    For fans of classic folk music Rhino has Peter, Paul & Mary: Carry It On -
    Musical Legacy set for release on February 24th; list price $19.98. Also
    from Rhino on March 9th are Mystery Science Theater 3000 #5: (Merlin's Shop
    Of Mystical Wonders / Touch Of Satan / Timechasers / Boggy Creek II)
    ($59.95) and Transformers: Season 3, Part 2 & Season 4 ($49.95).

    Acorn Media has something for the older, couch potato, Keeping Fit In Your
    50's: Aerobics, Keeping Fit In Your 50's: Flexibility and Keeping Fit In
    Your 50's: Strength for $19.95 each. If you really want to get in shape you
    can get the box set of all three for $49.95. All street on April 13th.

    From Image on April 6th: Computer Animation Adventure / Computer Animation
    Experience (2-Pack), F.E.D.S. (Special Edition). On April 20th, Lost World:
    Season 2 (5.1 audio/full screen) and on April 27th; Jane Olivor: Safe
    Return.

    April 20th brings a few titles from Tai Seng including Just One Look,
    Heavenly Legend and Park (Special Edition).

    Some changes in status have been confirmed. Pat Benatar: Best Shots: The
    Videos has been listed as discontinued by EMI. Genesis: The Way We Walk:
    Live In Concert (Special Edition) has been discontinued by Wave Imports.
    Rhino has discontinued Rock, Rhythm And Doo Wop: The Greatest Songs From
    Early Rock And Roll. Please check with the rescheduled list for any possible
    re-issues.

    Among the 293 titles due out this week 2/10/04:

    Acorn Media: Lexx S4 #5, Lexx S4 #6, Lexx S4: 4th Series Part 1, Lexx S4:
    4th Series Part 2.

    Anchor Bay: Xena: Warrior Princess: Season #3 (Special Edition), Once Upon A
    Time In Italy: The Spaghetti Western Collection.

    BMG: Christina Aguilera:Stripped...Live In The UK (Jewel Case)

    Brentwood: AC/DC: Back In Black, Def Leppard: Pyro-Graphic

    Buena Vista: Academy Award Winning Movies: Volume #3: Shakespeare In Love /
    English Patient / Il Postino, Best Of World Cinema #1: Amelie / Cinema
    Paradiso (The New Version) / Malena / Farewell My Concubine, Academy Award
    Winning Movies: Volume #1: Chicago / Frida / Life Is Beautiful, Academy
    Award Winning Movies: Volume #2: Good Will Hunting / Cider House Rules /
    Sling Blade, Lion King 1 1/2 (2 Disc).

    Columbia/TriStar: In The Cut (Unrated Version), In The Cut ('R' Rated
    Version)

    Fox: Fox Originals #1: Perfect Murder, Perfect Town / RFK / Winds Of Terror,
    Angel: Season 3, Party Monster (Fox/ Special Edition)

    Lion's Gate: Wonderland (2003)

    Rhino: H.R. Pufnstuf: The Complete Series

    Universal: Airport Terminal Pack: Airport / Airport 1975 / Airport '77 / The
    Concorde: Airport '79, Battlestar Galactica: Complete Epic Series (Special
    Edition).

    in several formats as well as daily changes. The official list now features
    38,622 titles with 95 additions or changes and 359 Pre-Release
    announcements. The All Titles list has 38,981 titles. Recent releases
    include: Last Week 258, This Week 291 and Next Week 141 titles.

    Previews of 21 Grams, Mona Lisa Smile, Wonderland and Texas Chainsaw
    Massacre (2003). Recent reviews include Lost in Translation, Thirteen,
    Underworld, Seabiscuit, Family Business, Firefly, Taken, Cabin Fever and The
    Shield:Season 2. Classic reviews include 12 Angry Men, the Barbarians
    (History Channel) Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) Bedford Incident and Them.
    Coming titles listed before all the specs are in can be found in a new list,
    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/pre-releases.htm

    Updated lists for discontinued, cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles
    as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and
    original release dates now being added to the database. There is also a
    greatly expanded list of titles that were rescheduled or reissued. Search
    function for the database, (now including UPC search) complements of site
    partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem http://www.dvdlist.kazart.com and
    DVDLister.

    Updates to the DVD database, including release specs usually made twice
    daily.

    Please stop by and visit.
    Thank you.

    Doug MacLean
    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/
    Doug MacLean, Feb 10, 2004

  2. Re: New Releases: Gothika & Love Don't Cost a Thing: Updated completedownloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists

    Doug MacLean wrote:

    > Buena Vista: Academy Award Winning Movies: Volume #3: Shakespeare In Love /
    > English Patient / Il Postino, Best Of World Cinema #1: Amelie / Cinema
    > Paradiso (The New Version) / Malena / Farewell My Concubine, Academy Award
    > Winning Movies: Volume #1: Chicago / Frida / Life Is Beautiful, Academy
    > Award Winning Movies: Volume #2: Good Will Hunting / Cider House Rules /
    > Sling Blade

    (And all from Miramax--
    Is someone perhaps a little bitter about getting stiffed for Best
    Picture nominations this year?) ;)

    Derek Janssen ("C'mon, we own it and you know it; what's this 'no Cold
    Mountain' crap, anyway??")
    Derek Janssen, Feb 10, 2004